Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County hires Jordan Marcum as new head football coach
Estill County has hired Madison Central assistant Jordan Marcum as the new head football coach. Official announcement will be made today around 5 PM.
Coach Marcum is bringing one of Madison Central's assistants with him.
Strikeout King Wrote:Coach Marcum is bringing one of Madison Central's assistants with him.

Did they create teaching positions for them? That is rare these days!
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County has hired Madison Central assistant Jordan Marcum as the new head football coach. Official announcement will be made today around 5 PM.

Congratulations!
Strikeout King Wrote:Coach Marcum is bringing one of Madison Central's assistants with him.

Good. I wish them lots of success.
thecoacher Wrote:Did they create teaching positions for them? That is rare these days!

Maybe they had one open.
Always good to bring an assistant with you. Someone already knows your system and how you coach instead of being thrown to the wolves.
Jordan is a great guy, hard worker and out of the Dudley Hilton tree. Best of luck to Marcum and Estill County.
Not a bad hire. Hopefully things can get back on track in Irvine for the Engineers. But only bringing one guy with him may be a problem. Where is the rest of the staff going to come from? Hope he doesn't have any trouble filling out an entire staff. Going to be hard to pull more people in, the money situation isn't ideal. Hope for the best!
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Jordan is a great guy, hard worker and out of the Dudley Hilton tree. Best of luck to Marcum and Estill County.

He should do well there.
congrats and good luck
It's really quiet around here. Is it because people are not satisfied with the hire?
Former Bobcat! Him and his brothers were all good football players on Log Mountain! Congratulations to Marcum.
Congrats Coach Marcum. I hope he does a great job in his first head gig.
jumpshooter Wrote:It's really quiet around here. Is it because people are not satisfied with the hire?

How many posters are on here from Estill County? Just a few that I can tell. Are they not happy? You tell us.
I think it is quiet because there are a lot of other jobs being filled and this is the down season for football chatter. Most, like myself, do not know Coach Marcum well enough to comment either way on his abilities. I would have been the same with most of the others mentioned for the job. But, as I would have for any of the candidates, I will say give the new guy time. Coach Jones was there for a long time. Things will most likely be different. That doesn't automatically mean they are bad or good. Just give him time and we will see what he can do.
Marcum is an A+ person who you would want around your kids. Obviously it’s his first HC job so he will have some learning to do. I think it’s a good hire.
It appears that Estill and Coach Marcum is doing a complete overhaul with the football program and staff.
Strikeout King Wrote:It appears that Estill and Coach Marcum is doing a complete overhaul with the football program and staff.

Do you have any details on what exactly he is doing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Do you have any details on what exactly he is doing?

I don't have any confirmation or anything so it's just hearsay. Some of the coaches are leaving so he'll have a new staff. I do know for a fact he's bringing a coach with him from Madison Central to be the OC/QB's Coach.

First and foremost, I love coach Jones to death but people in Estill wanted him and the double wing gone, now that's happened, the football program appears to be getting a lot more supporters/backers and money is starting to come into the program as well.
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't have any confirmation or anything so it's just hearsay. Some of the coaches are leaving so he'll have a new staff. I do know for a fact he's bringing a coach with him from Madison Central to be the OC/QB's Coach.

First and foremost, I love coach Jones to death but people in Estill wanted him and the double wing gone, now that's happened, the football program appears to be getting a lot more supporters/backers and money is starting to come into the program as well.

Will Coach Moore be returning?
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't have any confirmation or anything so it's just hearsay. Some of the coaches are leaving so he'll have a new staff. I do know for a fact he's bringing a coach with him from Madison Central to be the OC/QB's Coach.

Well thats good to hear! I'd love to see Estill return to the Estill that I remember and love the most, which was the 07 and 08 seasons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats