Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK football ranked higher than UK Basketball
For the first time since 2007 the football team is ranked higher than the basketball team. How about that? Pretty cool for the football fans, not so much for the die hard BBall fans Confusednicker: I actually seen people wishing death to the football program today over it. BBN is just a little crazy st times. Lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:For the first time since 2007 the football team is ranked higher than the basketball team. How about that? Pretty cool for the football fans, not so much for the die hard BBall fans Confusednicker: I actually seen people wishing death to the football program today over it. BBN is just a little crazy st times. Lol
I’m one of the odd ones that actually cares more about what happens with our football program. Basketball used to be appointment viewing for me, I’d arrange my entire day around whatever time the game was. Now, if I get to watch fine, if not I don’t really care. Am I just getting old, or are any of you all starting to feel this way too?
Van Hagar Wrote:I’m one of the odd ones that actually cares more about what happens with our football program. Basketball used to be appointment viewing for me, I’d arrange my entire day around whatever time the game was. Now, if I get to watch fine, if not I don’t really care. Am I just getting old, or are any of you all starting to feel this way too?

I have felt that way since Calipari arrived.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I have felt that way since Calipari arrived.

So how was you from 1999 and up..... did you enjoy being mediocre ? I’m lost on how many final fours we seen during that tenure....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So how was you from 1999 and up..... did you enjoy being mediocre ? I’m lost on how many final fours we seen during that tenure....

I never jumped on the Calipari bandwagon when he came to UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wonder how many times since 1977 that this has happened?
The basketball team has been unranked numerous times before . Just a testimant of how good the football team is.
Jarons Wrote:I never jumped on the Calipari bandwagon when he came to UK.

I’m not on the Cal bandwagon. I miss my Gerald Fitches and Bobby Perry’s of the world , however i alsp enjoy being relevant and seeing final four teams.
Van Hagar Wrote:I’m one of the odd ones that actually cares more about what happens with our football program. Basketball used to be appointment viewing for me, I’d arrange my entire day around whatever time the game was. Now, if I get to watch fine, if not I don’t really care. Am I just getting old, or are any of you all starting to feel this way too?

I used to be as big a UK Basketball fan as anyone. The 2015 season and having one-and-dones that aren't good enough to be a one-and-dones have totally drained me of my love for the program. I have changed since then and it's not something that I've been trying to do. Since that Wisconsin game I have slowly lost interest in the BBall Cats to the point where I chose to not watch them IF I even remember that they are on TV.

Sad but true.
In my opinion football has been America's game for years now and you will find more football fans then basketball in Kentucky just like anywhere else. A whole lot of Kentucky basketball fans are bandwagon fans who pay attention to UK basketball just because it's been the only thing sports wise in this state that we are good at. However if you think UK basketball fans are nuts then just wait and see what happens if our football program keeps improving and starts consistently winning and gets to the level of playing for SEC and National championships.
FoSho Wrote:I used to be as big a UK Basketball fan as anyone. The 2015 season and having one-and-dones that aren't good enough to be a one-and-dones have totally drained me of my love for the program. I have changed since then and it's not something that I've been trying to do. Since that Wisconsin game I have slowly lost interest in the BBall Cats to the point where I chose to not watch them IF I even remember that they are on TV.

Sad but true.

So you miss going undefeated in the regular season and almost
Making history lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So you miss going undefeated in the regular season and almost
Making history lol

I would much rather have our football team at 7-9 wins and bowl bound ever year than the basketball team win and be top ranked. I also was a die hard basketball until they hired Cal. Didn't like him at UMass or Memphis and don't like him now. You just can't start liking someone because he coaches your team now. Thought he was dirty then and truly believe he will get busted at UK for something someday. The way he pushes kids out the door so he can bring in more is ridiculous. Some are ready but some haven't been and he has let them go on just so he can say I have had this many kids drafted. When you say it's all about the kids and getting them drafted over winning titles then that's where I'm done. I could care less where these kids go in the draft, I did at one point care about wins and titles. He also buys 8-10 wins a year with the crap teams that come to Rupp to play in November and December. Makes him look like a better coach than what he is. My rant over!
Rainingthrees Wrote:I would much rather have our football team at 7-9 wins and bowl bound ever year than the basketball team win and be top ranked. I also was a die hard basketball until they hired Cal. Didn't like him at UMass or Memphis and don't like him now. You just can't start liking someone because he coaches your team now. Thought he was dirty then and truly believe he will get busted at UK for something someday. The way he pushes kids out the door so he can bring in more is ridiculous. Some are ready but some haven't been and he has let them go on just so he can say I have had this many kids drafted. When you say it's all about the kids and getting them drafted over winning titles then that's where I'm done. I could care less where these kids go in the draft, I did at one point care about wins and titles. He also buys 8-10 wins a year with the crap teams that come to Rupp to play in November and December. Makes him look like a better coach than what he is. My rant over!
:rockon:
That has always been my feeling about Calipari. You spoke the words much more eloquently than I would.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've always said Cal is more worried about getting athletes to the NBA than he is having them at UK and it's still true to this day. Sure you have to go out and recruit the best but you don't have to push them out the door as soon as they come in it. Their's a lot of NBA players that stay more than a year or two in college before going to the NBA. I honestly will be glad when he is gone.
Do-double-gg Wrote:In my opinion football has been America's game for years now and you will find more football fans then basketball in Kentucky just like anywhere else. A whole lot of Kentucky basketball fans are bandwagon fans who pay attention to UK basketball just because it's been the only thing sports wise in this state that we are good at. However if you think UK basketball fans are nuts then just wait and see what happens if our football program keeps improving and starts consistently winning and gets to the level of playing for SEC and National championships.

If they don't start landing the best in-state talent, the fan base will not be fully on board.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So you miss going undefeated in the regular season and almost
Making history lol

Almost doesn't get it......should have won the title at 40-0. No excuse to come up short. Horrible coaching job.

I still want UK to win, I just don't put any emotional effort into them anymore.
Strikeout King Wrote:I've always said Cal is more worried about getting athletes to the NBA than he is having them at UK and it's still true to this day. Sure you have to go out and recruit the best but you don't have to push them out the door as soon as they come in it. Their's a lot of NBA players that stay more than a year or two in college before going to the NBA. I honestly will be glad when he is gone.

Exactly. I bet if he were to look at his check it would have the University of Kentucky on it. He needs to remember who he is working for.
Westside Wrote:Exactly. I bet if he were to look at his check it would have the University of Kentucky on it. He needs to remember who he is working for.
Couldn’t have said it better.
FoSho Wrote:Almost doesn't get it......should have won the title at 40-0. No excuse to come up short. Horrible coaching job.

I still want UK to win, I just don't put any emotional effort into them anymore.
I agree about the 40-0 season. Man that had to be the biggest choke job at UK ever. Then after we hear he had to leave Harrison in out of loyalty? Bull butter. Don’t want anyone to take this as a racial comment but truth is we lost to a team of 99% white boys that was slow as molasses lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:I agree about the 40-0 season. Man that had to be the biggest choke job at UK ever. Then after we hear he had to leave Harrison in out of loyalty? Bull butter. Don’t want anyone to take this as a racial comment but truth is we lost to a team of 99% white boys that was slow as molasses lol

Wisconsin was a good team no doubt. They were nowhere near as talented as UK. The Cats should have won comfortably 12-15 points.
FoSho Wrote:Almost doesn't get it......should have won the title at 40-0. No excuse to come up short. Horrible coaching job.

It just sounds like your a fair weather fan. You only care when they win. It’s common.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It just sounds like your a fair weather fan. You only care when they win. It’s common.

That's not true.

As I stated before. I grew up a HUGE UK BBall fan.