Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County gets Bye?
I agree. Anderson has a weak schedule but has dominated good teams. Highlands has beaten good teams and lost to great teams. Not sure how you compare them based on schedule which seems to be how everyone has been.
BoyleCo Wrote:I agree. Anderson has a weak schedule but has dominated good teams. Highlands has beaten good teams and lost to great teams. Not sure how you compare them based on schedule which seems to be how everyone has been.
What “good” team has Anderson beaten?
Like I said before, GRC, Franklin, and Montgomery are good teams. They are not great like Scott, Cov Cath, or Boyle. But good. Highlands has played good teams also like SK and LC. What are you trying to say? Have you seen both teams? You coach Highlands or have a kid playing for them? I think maybe so.
Let’s just them play the game and see what happens. No matter who wins. Some people will be surprised.
BoyleCo Wrote:Like I said before, GRC, Franklin, and Montgomery are good teams. They are not great like Scott, Cov Cath, or Boyle. But good. Highlands has played good teams also like SK and LC. What are you trying to say? Have you seen both teams? You coach Highlands or have a kid playing for them? I think maybe so.
Have not seen Anderson, excited to see them next week. No coach, no kid playing (all daughters), just a sports nut. I am just not sure teams you listed I would consider good. GRC beat Boone Co 24-12, that tells me GRC is not a good team, Boone is awful! Franklin, not sure how good they are, blown out by a good Boyle but not much else on their schedule. Montgomery not much of a schedule and only beat GRC by 3 (see above). Curious what Montgomery does against poor Dixie team and GRC against poor(+) Cooper team Friday night
All fair points. I would love to see this game. I am a lineman and was a lineman coach so I have been intrigued by Anderson’s line all year. O and D. Can’t miss my team playing though. We handled Franklin easily but they were a good team. I have a friend who coaches Anderson so I have seen tape of many of their games and have a great friend that coaches Catholic so I watched the Highlands bs Catholic game. This year is exciting. I wish I could clone myself to see all these games in person. Douglas, Male, DeSales, Pikeville... so many good teams.
As long as Boyle County wins that 3A ship all is right with the world.
Highlands better find another gear on Offense if they wanna play a few more games. I’ve seen them. Not impressed. Defense is solid at DE and LB.
bcpc Wrote:Highlands better find another gear on Offense if they wanna play a few more games. I’ve seen them. Not impressed. Defense is solid at DE and LB.

Did you see the early or later in the year? Awful early (cause for lose against SC not the D), better end of year but not great by any means. Using soph RB helping a lot and WR catching better.
This should be a great. Highlands is fast and has a good passing offense. Anderson is big and has a great rushing offense. Defensively Highlands is good against the pass and Anderson is good against the run. So Highlands should pass and Anderson run and each team could score in the 40s.
BoyleCo Wrote:This should be a great. Highlands is fast and has a good passing offense. Anderson is big and has a great rushing offense. Defensively Highlands is good against the pass and Anderson is good against the run. So Highlands should pass and Anderson run and each team could score in the 40s.

I agree with everything except I don’t think Anderson scores more than 21
Just saw a post. Predicting Cov Cath vs South Warren in state game. It was predicted by KHSAA
Anderson was mentioned in the article. But said not much going for them due to their easy schedule
One week from now we will see.
BoyleCo Wrote:Like I said before, GRC, Franklin, and Montgomery are good teams. They are not great like Scott, Cov Cath, or Boyle. But good. Highlands has played good teams also like SK and LC. What are you trying to say? Have you seen both teams? You coach Highlands or have a kid playing for them? I think maybe so.

GRC gets beat by Cooper. Montgomery squeaks by Dixie. I stand by my statement that these are not good teams
I watched the first quarter of Highlands game. Turned it off after the first quarter. MC is terrible. They won 2 frickin games all year. And their coaching is terrible too. And someone said they actually looked better than they thought they were. LOL Quit sugar coating things
bo67 Wrote:I watched the first quarter of Highlands game. Turned it off after the first quarter. MC is terrible. They won 2 frickin games all year. And their coaching is terrible too. And someone said they actually looked better than they thought they were. LOL Quit sugar coating things

Said they looked better than some of the other teams on Highlands schedule. They still were not a good team though! They were better than Boone and greenwood