Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 33 Newport Central Catholic 21
Final
Would love to hear the fans of these to teams talk about this game!
Beechwood had about 365 yards
NCC had about 220 yards

Beechwood didn't play particularly well, jumped out to a 13-0 lead, then let NCC run a kickoff back for a TD.
It was 13-7 at half, NCC scored to start the 2nd half to go up 14-13.
Beechwood then rattled off 20 straight points to go up 33-14. NCC blocked a punt from the one yard line for a TD in the 4th quarter to make it 33-21.
All in all, it was not one of Beechwood's better efforts. They had 3 straight weeks of playing first half, running clock, cupcakes, and I think it showed in the game against NCC.
The good thing about this game is, you have things to show the team that they need to work on and get fixed. Playing 1 or 2 quarters against inferior district competition doesn't make you any better.
The Tigers definitely need to play much better if they are going to make another run at a state title.
Two ships crossing paths. Beechwood headed up and NewCath down
Congrats Tigers!
E's Army Wrote:Two ships crossing paths. Beechwood headed up and NewCath down

Yea newcath's qb an number 1 wr went down on the drive that took the lead. So newcath's ship wasn't going down. Matter of fact if anything Newcath is trending up. Got the D1 rb back and they played a heck of a game against beechwood. They will pull a couple upsets off in the playoffs. You heard it here first. Everyone will be back an healthy when needed. Can't wait for the next 5 weeks of High School football. Don't be suprised when you look up and it's Danville and Newcath in the semi's. That's why you play the game.
Nkyfootballguy Wrote:Yea newcath's qb an number 1 wr went down on the drive that took the lead. So newcath's ship wasn't going down. Matter of fact if anything Newcath is trending up. Got the D1 rb back and they played a heck of a game against beechwood. They will pull a couple upsets off in the playoffs. You heard it here first. Everyone will be back an healthy when needed. Can't wait for the next 5 weeks of High School football. Don't be suprised when you look up and it's Danville and Newcath in the semi's. That's why you play the game.

I think he may be referring to the fact that Beechwood is moving up to 2A and NCC is going down to 1A.
Also, NCC will have to pull off two big upsets to get to the semi finals. Is it possible, yes, but I don't see it happening. CAL absolutely dominated the NCC offense the first time around, so that will be a very tall task if they can upset DeSales.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I think he may be referring to the fact that Beechwood is moving up to 2A and NCC is going down to 1A.
Also, NCC will have to pull off two big upsets to get to the semi finals. Is it possible, yes, but I don't see it happening. CAL absolutely dominated the NCC offense the first time around, so that will be a very tall task if they can upset DeSales.

Huge mountains to climb. But can be done. CAL did dominate that game. NCC also didn't have neither running back play that game. That does mean a lot. More than you think. NCC is will have everyone back for them games. I think these will be games ppl to watch very closely. NCC has firepower on offense when everyone is playing. An there defense showed they have much improved since week 5.
NCC was a force back in the 2000’s. They might get back on track somewhat dropping to 1A but there’s several big boys that’ll be there waiting