Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Strength of Schedule per CalPreps
FoSho Wrote:Belfry will not shut down LexCaths offense but neither will LC slow down Belfry rushing attack.

Crap shoot as to who wins. Neither would surprise me.

Belfry will go up and down the field on Lex Cath at will. And I am far from a Belfry fan lol. It won't be close.
Hound05 Wrote:Belfry schedules about like Corbin does. That’s the only way to get better. No offense to any of the districts teams. But even with our horrible district overall I don’t see Boyle’s schedule being tougher. We’ve played the same Danville team. With almost exact results. We played Pulaski and they played Wayne county. Pulaski just best southwestern last week. Their matchup against Lex cath is very comparable to ours against bell. Western hills is probably better than Casey county. I don’t know. But I think our matchup against beechwood and mayfield top the rest of the their schedule. I’d like to know what metrics they used to determine this. I don’t care either way. SOS don’t come with a trophy but it’s got me a little confused I guess. I’m not a big fan of CalPreps anyways. A lot of their projected matchups are way off the actual results. Even at the disclaimer at the bottom it said if you took the home team and with better record you’d be right over 60% of the time haha

Out of the "Big 3", I think Corbins schedule is the toughest followed by ours. I think Boyle's schedule is the weakest of the 3. But I'm absolutely taking nothing away from the Rebels. They are a very solid team and are the Champs until someone proves otherwise. Schedule's won't have a thing to do with who wins 3A just year. At the beginning of the year I thought that Boyle and Corbin were neck to neck with my Pirates in third. I don't think that way anymore. I think all three are near dead even and can beat each other on any given night. It's all going to come down to who wants it more. That's just this Ol Boys opinion. And you know what they say about opinions!
Hound05 Wrote:People are underestimating belfry. That’s the way they want it. But dang it I’m trying to get them noticed!!!! Haha

Stop it Hound! LMAO
Jack Lambert Wrote:You may be right, honestly I think the game could go two ways if Belfry cannot cover Catholic’s receivers then I see a shootout, if Belfry can shut the passing game down then Belfry wins comfortably.

Folks are going to be in for a BIG surprise if they think our CB's can't cover! These kids are for real. At the beginning of the year this group, I thought, could possibly be our Achilles Heal. Boy was I mistaken! Jack Lambert, I'm not saying that's what you meant by your post. Just wanted to throw this out there. Our CB's/Safeties are tough, well disciplined, and quick as cats football players. The only knock that people could say against them is that their a little smallish. And they are. But they make up for it with their speed and ball skills.
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry will go up and down the field on Lex Cath at will. And I am far from a Belfry fan lol. It won't be close.

Have to agree jetpilot. No way Lex.Cath stops our offense, I don't think they come anywhere close to doing it. I also think our defense is going to surprise alot of people in this game!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Out of the "Big 3", I think Corbins schedule is the toughest followed by ours. I think Boyle's schedule is the weakest of the 3. But I'm absolutely taking nothing away from the Rebels. They are a very solid team and are the Champs until someone proves otherwise. Schedule's won't have a thing to do with who wins 3A just year. At the beginning of the year I thought that Boyle and Corbin were neck to neck with my Pirates in third. I don't think that way anymore. I think all three are near dead even and can beat each other on any given night. It's all going to come down to who wants it more. That's just this Ol Boys opinion. And you know what they say about opinions!
I agree. I think it’s closer than anyone would have thought starting out the season. All 3 could play 10 round robins and you’d probably get a different winner each time. It’s gonna come down to A)Health. B)Momentum C)who is playing well that night
Hound05 Wrote:I agree. I think it’s closer than anyone would have thought starting out the season. All 3 could play 10 round robins and you’d probably get a different winner each time. It’s gonna come down to A)Health. B)Momentum C)who is playing well that night

Absolutely agree Hound. 3A is anybody's at this point. I think the three we mentioned are the odds on favorites. But I think theres a couple more that could have a big say in how this thing ends up.
IMO I think Boyle going on the road in the playoffs is the equalizer. Going to be very difficult to win at Belfry. If, we get by that we’ll have to win at Corbin. It’s not going to be easy for sure but doable.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Lol! They'll do about as well as Floyd Central will do against you! Help any?

I don't think it'll be a close game. I'm just curious as to how well they'll do.

No disrespect intended.
Rebel55 Wrote:IMO I think Boyle going on the road in the playoffs is the equalizer. Going to be very difficult to win at Belfry. If, we get by that we’ll have to win at Corbin. It’s not going to be easy for sure but doable.

VERY doable! If any team can do it, its Boyle. Like I said, the Rebels are a SOLID, well rounded, and fine coached football team. And the defending 3A Champs! But by them coming to Pond Creek and playing that gives us an edge that we will definitely need to pull out a win. Man, what a game this will be IF it happens. We have to get by Garrard County and a pretty damn good Lex.Cath team for this to happen. But if it does, should be a classic and I hope you guys can make the trip over to see it. I'm sure none of us will be disappointed. I'm pretty sure it wont be a boring game with a running clock. At least I hope not! Lol
FoSho Wrote:I don't think it'll be a close game. I'm just curious as to how well they'll do.

No disrespect intended.

I know you wasnt being disrespectful brother. I was just playing around. Be honest, I know nothing about Garrard County. Hell, they may come in and light us up.
It's all about matchups.

LexCath and Boyle Co pose a passing offense that is well above average for high school football......two of the best in the state. The biggest difference is Boyle is much more balanced with three very capable runners.

Belfry is going to do what they do and do it very well. LexCath/Boyle will have to stop them at least a couple of times to win.

LexCath should put up a good fight on offense but like I said, does not have the D to stop Belfry......maybe at all. Boyle will fair better with a solid and disciplined defense. Injuries have taken their toll on the Rebels all over the field. The last two weeks have been brutal.

Looking forward to the challenge.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I know you wasnt being disrespectful brother. I was just playing around. Be honest, I know nothing about Garrard County. Hell, they may come in and light us up.

Trust me when I tell you that they do what you do (for the most part), just with nowhere near the skill level. They are well coached and hard nosed. Not your typical "4 seed" IMO. Last year they won their 1 vs 4 matchup.

They can control the ball at times but have no speed to amount to anything and don't throw it well at all.

I'll say:

Belfry - 45
Garrard Co - 7
What kind of offense does Floyd Central run?
#55PirateFan Wrote:Lol! They'll do about as well as Floyd Central will do against you! Help any?

So you’re saying Lawrence will beat Western Hills?
Jack Lambert Wrote:So you’re saying Lawrence will beat Western Hills?

No Sir, I don't say that. And I hope I didn't imply that anywhere. I think Western Hills will beat them by 2TD's or more. Like most have already said and are in agreement, I to agree that only one team from our district will get a Round 1 win. IMO, the winners of Round 1 will be Belfry, Boyle, Western Hills, and Lexington Catholic.
I'm not saying who will win but there have been a lot of decent teams like Lawrence Co that thought they could handle WanDale and failed miserably.

Actually I am saying who will win.

Western Hills - 42
Lawrence Co - 28
FoSho Wrote:What kind of offense does Floyd Central run?

It's just a mix of run and pass. FC, I believe, is on the rise but will absolutely NOT cause you guys any trouble what so ever! Coach Smith will be resting starters in the second quarter, maybe sooner unless something has terribly went wrong. Just a bad draw for Floyd Central this year to have to play that Monster from Boyle County!
FoSho Wrote:I'm not saying who will win but there have been a lot of decent teams like Lawrence Co that thought they could handle WanDale and failed miserably.

Actually I am saying who will win.

Western Hills - 42
Lawrence Co - 28

About what I was thinking to FoSho.
FoSho Wrote:It's all about matchups.

LexCath and Boyle Co pose a passing offense that is well above average for high school football......two of the best in the state. The biggest difference is Boyle is much more balanced with three very capable runners.

Belfry is going to do what they do and do it very well. LexCath/Boyle will have to stop them at least a couple of times to win.

LexCath should put up a good fight on offense but like I said, does not have the D to stop Belfry......maybe at all. Boyle will fair better with a solid and disciplined defense. Injuries have taken their toll on the Rebels all over the field. The last two weeks have been brutal.

Looking forward to the challenge.

Really hope you guys get those kids that are injured back. Win or lose, I want to say both teams gave their best and everybody played. I'm not the kind of person that hopes other teams best players get hurt, any player for that matter. I've actually heard people say that and it makes me sick. Wishing something like that on a kid. I would hate to see kids play their entire life for this moment and then miss out because of an injury. Like I said, win or lose, I pray that these young men get healthy and get to play for what they've worked and practiced for their whole life. Good luck to these young men!
I agree there's a big 3 and that Catholic isn't really a contender.
Boyle 7 good teams, 1 really good team, 1 really good win.
Corbin 6 good teams, 2 really good teams, 1 really good win.
Belfry 4 good teams, 1 really good team, 0 really good wins.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I agree there's a big 3 and that Catholic isn't really a contender.
Boyle 7 good teams, 1 really good team, 1 really good win.
Corbin 6 good teams, 2 really good teams, 1 really good win.
Belfry 4 good teams, 1 really good team, 0 really good wins.

Hopefully this will change come Friday night and Belfry can get that "really good win" your talking about against 4A #1 ranked Johnson Central on the road. However, I do think Belfry has 2 pretty damn good wins. We beat, at the time, the #1 ranked team in 1A Pikeville at their place and we also beat a damn good Cabell Midland team. But everyone has their opinion and I respect yours.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Really hope you guys get those kids that are injured back. Win or lose, I want to say both teams gave their best and everybody played. I'm not the kind of person that hopes other teams best players get hurt, any player for that matter. I've actually heard people say that and it makes me sick. Wishing something like that on a kid. I would hate to see kids play their entire life for this moment and then miss out because of an injury. Like I said, win or lose, I pray that these young men get healthy and get to play for what they've worked and practiced for their whole life. Good luck to these young men!

It's been a brutal couple of weeks. I was told recently......

Lost a starting (2021 kid) DL to a broken foot vs LexCath and quite possibly a starting 2020 LB/TE (D1 baseball kid) with a bad elbow injury vs Hills which is the same one he had Tommy John surgery on last year.

We've been decimated by injuries all season. Most missed games and have returned but these two latest (it appears) are season ending.
FoSho Wrote:It's been a brutal couple of weeks. I was told recently......

Lost a starting (2021 kid) DL to a broken foot vs LexCath and quite possibly a starting 2020 LB/TE (D1 baseball kid) with a bad elbow injury vs Hills which is the same one he had Tommy John surgery on last year.

We've been decimated by injuries all season. Most missed games and have returned but these two latest (it appears) are season ending.

Hate to hear that man. Good news, if there is any, is that their C/O 2020 and 2021 and they'll be back. Praying for these guys brother. Good luck the rest of the way, except for maybe that one game! LOL, and hopefully you guys are done with those dang injuries!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hate to hear that man. Good news, if there is any, is that their C/O 2020 and 2021 and they'll be back. Praying for these guys brother. Good luck the rest of the way, except for maybe that one game! LOL, and hopefully you guys are done with those dang injuries!

It's all good. Life lessons if nothing else.

Next man up. No excuses.

Good luck to you guys, see ya in a few weeks! Smile