Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?
Some of you all commented in the hobby thread that you all liked to read. I know there was a thread on here last year, but I thought it would be cool to start another thread about the books we are reading. So the question is what books are you currently reading\listening to?
I am currently listening to The Distance by Jeremy and Hilaree Robinson.
I would post a pic of the book, but I have yet to figure out how to do that. The last book I finished was, Henry Clay: The Man Who Would Be President by James C Klotter, a retired professor at Georgetown College. This book is the second book I have read on Henry Clay. The first was a biography. This book focused more on Henry Clay's five failed attempts at becoming U.S.President. It was a decent book. If I was rating it on 5 star scale, I'd give it 3 1/2 stars. It was very informative and fairly well written, but not on par with a David McCullough written biography who I consider the gold standard.
I'm currently reading Ratification by Pauline Maier. It deals with ratification of the U.S. Constitution.
Currently reading The Day The Catskills Cried. Just finished Mindhunter by John Douglas. He's a great author!
People still read books?! :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Do ticket books count? Right now I am sorting ticket books.
plantmanky Wrote:Do ticket books count? Right now I am sorting ticket books.

What are ticket books?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:People still read books?! :yikes:

Just us old people.
I don't read paper books any more. Everything is either in Kindle or Audible format. I really like being able to adjust the font sizes and side lighting level when I read, rather than listen to books. I highly recommend the Kindle Paperwhite models.

The only time that I buy paper versions of books is when they contain lots of technical illustrations or programming code. Having to constantly zoom and pan code is a pain.
^I don't even know what that means.

It is becoming a lost art.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't read paper books any more. Everything is either in Kindle or Audible format. I really like being able to adjust the font sizes and side lighting level when I read, rather than listen to books. I highly recommend the Kindle Paperwhite models.

The only time that I buy paper versions of books is when they contain lots of technical illustrations or programming code. Having to constantly zoom and pan code is a pain.

Yes! I love the Kindle Paperwhite! They're the absolute best for reading. I love the one I have.

Granny Bear Wrote:^I don't even know what that means.

It is becoming a lost art.

Granny, you need to get out of those deep dark hills, go to Lexington, and check one of them there Kindle contraptions! Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Westside Wrote:What are ticket books?

When you order tickets for events, they come in books (or at least thats what they are called).
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Yes! I love the Kindle Paperwhite! They're the absolute best for reading. I love the one I have.

Granny, you need to get out of those deep dark hills, go to Lexington, and check one of them there Kindle contraptions! Confusednicker:

My daughter and grand daughter live in Lexington and I am there wayyyy too much!!!

I actually own a Kindle, smart alec!
Granny Bear Wrote:My daughter and grand daughter live in Lexington and I am there wayyyy too much!!!

I actually own a Kindle, smart alec!

If I read a lot on one of my Kindles, it effects my eye site. Well, that and the fact that I'm a really old, washed up, middle aged, old geezer.
Audio books while i drive. Currently on Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers.