Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on in Professional Sports these days?
What indeed is going on in Professional Sports recently? Urlacher gets fined for wearing a hat that had nothing to do with the NFL, and now Torii Hunter may be suspended for 3 years for sending champagne to another team. I can understand professional sports cracking down on steroids and abd behavior by athletes but my god, fines and suspensions for things that go on everyday in life, thats just crazy. We all know Bud Selig has been a joke as commissioner of baseball, we saw that especially when he declared the all star game a few years ago to be a tie, what a jackass. Also the way he has handled the steroid situation, or should I say the lack of handling it, the man needs to be overthrown. Now the NFL has a real hardass as commissioner. First with the fine of Urlacher and now I hear they(NFL) are wanting to mount a camera on the kid from Wisconsin's boat while he is fishing with his father, just to get his reaction to being drafted. Leave the guy alone and let him fish, who cares if he doesnt want to be at the Draft, its boring as hell anyway.

Anyway, what is everyone elses thoughts on this matter?
Never did like Selig, Tagliabue(sp?) former NFL comish was one of the best and now this Giddell guy has came in and is trying to put the clamp down on anything and everything with serious reprecussions. Better not wear a nike hat in an interview since Reebok is the official apparel of NFL. Giddell might fine you 5 million dollars.
what about nascar tony stewart is right it is a damn joke i am real close to saying F nascar.
Urlacher wore that hat during Media Day at the Super Bowl.... Thats why he got fined. All the money surrounding that game. All the endorsements. His agent should have known better.

As for Hunter. No one expects anything to be done about that.

Now back to Goodell, the new commish of the NFL. I like the guy. Finally someone cracking down on these thugs. I am sick and tired of seeing some damn player getting put in jail for drugs or guns or some kind of another dumb crime and then all they get is a damn slap on the wrist, with more money. I say they need to be suspended longer than they have been. If a regular person does that stuff they go to jail for a long time. What happened to Pacman Jones is fair and should have been instituted long ago.
rallo316 Wrote:what about nascar tony stewart is right it is a damn joke i am real close to saying F nascar.

Tony Stewart needs to take a look and realize where Nascar has put him. Yes he was a champion in other forms of motor sports but he had gotten nowhere near the recognition and money that he has achieved in Nascar.

Tony needs to quit being a baby and move on. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. He gripes about aggressive driving and goes out the next race and wrecks someone trying to move up a position.

He complains about how the newer drivers cause wrecks and do stupid things. He needs to look back at his rookie season and see how many of both his and the other teams cars he destroyed with his bone head mistakes.

Can you tell I'm not a big fan of Tony Stewart?
See Urlacher is fine though because Gatorade is paying the fine for him. So he doesn't really care about it, and not only did he have "Vitamin Water"'s hat on, he also brought their company's water bottle to the press conference. Urlacher is my favorite player and I hate to see a guy with his work ethic and respect for the game be hit with fines like these, it's utterly ridiculous.
Yes it is ridiculous. I forgot about NASCAR and all the crap they do. A driver cant speak his mind or anything anymore, hell its like that in any sport. If u say something, u have to apologize or get stoned by the leagues officials. Its crap, and I for one wouldnt take it. But maybe thats just me. I have never believed in kissin ass or anything like that. If I say something, im sure as hell not going to apologize for it, they can suspend me or fine me or whatever the hell they want to do. I remember when Dale Jr. slipped and said the s word, big whoop, and Nascar went nuts and fined him and took points away. It was a frickin interview and most NASCAR fans are from the south and thats how we talk in the south, let it go. Its all about image though with these sports, and god forbid a player have an opinion or anything like that. But its not just in sports, its in music and every other aspect of life. Like when the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed to be from the state of Texas because of Bush, what happened to them. The radio stations quit playin them and backbitin fans quit on them as well. I supported them then and I will continue to support them. As well as anyone who ever speaks their mind and doesnt apologize for it, although the Chicks did but oh well.
i am not a Tony Stewart fan either but he is right i listen to drivers scanners every race and i know that when hendrick racers start losing ground a caution flag comes for debris that is not there watch race this sunday and see.
i was at that race sports fan 80 and you are right about what dale jr said big whoop. i heard brett bodine at bristol cuss a blue streak on espn he did not get fined because he did not say s**t.
There are rules as to what you have to wear a certain times in all professional leagues. There have been others fined in the past for not wearing the proper hats, but they all know the rules and what they have to wear. Don't follow the rules the accept the fine. I don't see what is wrong with that.

As for the champaign thing, it is on the rules that you can't give money or gifts to a team for performance. He was "paying" them so that his team could get into the playoffs. It keeps the integrity of the game. If they don't do something to Hunter then this could just get worse. What if someone promises to send something if a team loses a game to allow their team to get into the playoffs (due to a tie-breaker)?

These people are making millions of dollars. I think the least they can do is follow some rules set forth by the league.
I was watching Baseball Tonight a couple days ago and John Kruk himself said it was ridiculous, and that it was a rule that was implemented in the 1890's and should be done away with. I also dont agree with the wearing what the league tells ya to wear, its crap. These athletes are going out and playing for the fans and im sure the fans could care less what they wear, i would take the fine and tell them to stick it.