Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkinsville @ Madisonville-NH 9/28/18
Hopkinsville (1-4) goes to Madisonville-NH (4-2) for a 4A District 1 matchup.

Hopkinsville's record is the product of playing a tough schedule and losing their QB for the season. Maybe they throw a wrinkle into the offensive scheme after coming off their bye week. They still have plenty of athletes, so it will be interesting to see if the 2 weeks gives them an edge. Madisonville-NH should have a slight advantage if the Tiger offense can't rediscover a passing game and it becomes a ground battle. This game looks like it will determine a home playoff spot.

Last year, the Maroons used 6 turnovers to help defeat the Tigers 35-20.
Wow all the game in the west is barn burner this week. :HitWall:

Hopkinsville 28
Madisonville 21
Hopkinsville by 6
Is Jay Bland back? If so I'll take Hoptown if not Madisonville wins.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Is Jay Bland back? If so I'll take Hoptown if not Madisonville wins.

I've heard that Bland is out for the year. Again, that's just what I've heard through the rumor mill. I still think Hop-Town wins this one but if it is true that Bland is done for the season, then that's a devastating blow to a Hop-Town team that before this injury I thought could make a deep playoff run in 4A. Their problem is that they never had a backup plan, or backup QB, in place in case this very thing happened. Really hate it for the kid. Hes a good football player. Hope the rumors are wrong and Jay makes it back. If he does, watch for the Tigers to make some noise in November.
Unfortunately, reports state the Hopkinsville QB is out for the season. Dynamic athlete, sure hate it for him and his teammates.

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/sports/art...06e36.html