Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 49 West Carter 14
Final
Congrats devils👍
Russell subs get valuable varsity experience in the 4th quarter.
After taking a ton of criticism to start the season (rightfully so) the Red Devils have bounced back with 2 really good performances. Congrats to TJ and the players on the win and not giving up but continuing to work hard each week. Still a long season to go so they need to keep it up and keep improving.
Congrats to Russell.
The Dead evils are alive!!!!
Got to give TJ credit for righting the ship. I know Boyd and West weren’t the same level as competition as Ashland, but Russell has been a different team since literally giving no effort in that game at Putnam Stadium. Something must have gotten through to the players. Big district win over West tonight.
West doesn’t suck. Lot of people thought West would win.
There was fans on here that thought this would be West Carter's night at Russell. Most thought that Christian Rivers would run over Russell tonight but this Russell team since the Ashland Loss has really looked good in the last 2 weeks. Even in the Ironton loss Russell should have won that game and the GC game started out ok in the 1st half for Russell. Russell should be 3-2 heading into the Fleming County game on the road. Fleming County team has turned the ball over a lot this year with 12 interceptions by there QB. There offense looked good tonight of course vs. Lewis County but next week Russell if there Defense continues to play like the last 2 weeks and this offense keeps running over teams should handle Fleming County next week. Russell had close to 350 yards rushing with 10 RB's running the ball and Wilburn and Jachimczuk went 3 for 6 for 105 passing yards. The offense and defensive lines continue to get better each week which makes Russell's running and passing games getting better each week. Russell's offense tonight in 2 quarters and nearly 20 minutes put up 49 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Russell if playing like the last 2 weeks should be 5-3 and 4-0 in the District heading into the Bath County and Raceland games on the Road to finish the season before heading into the Playoffs this year.
Can someone tell me the score at halftime?
ekyfootball1717 Wrote:can someone tell me the score at halftime?

21-7
Russell should win out until the Rams show up.
I think the rest of the district games a guaranteed besides Bath Co. but we will plenary of time to talk about that in a few weeks, Congrats to the devils