Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County 47 - Estill County 32
So Bath does an unsportsmanlike gesture and runs up the score at the end of the first half....Up 19-8 and instead of running the clock out and going into halftime with a 19-8 lead, they run the ball about 3 times then throw a 45+ yard pass to get down to the goal line so they can score again, all with 30 seconds to go before half...Smh...
Congrats to Bath County.
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:So Bath does an unsportsmanlike gesture and runs up the score at the end of the first half....Up 19-8 and instead of running the clock out and going into halftime with a 19-8 lead, they run the ball about 3 times then throw a 45+ yard pass to get down to the goal line so they can score again, all with 30 seconds to go before half...Smh...

I'm a big Engineer fan as the next person...I don't agree with the call at the end of the 1st half but you have to do what it takes to win games, if Bath hadn't of scored it would have been a 1 TD game or closer.
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:So Bath does an unsportsmanlike gesture and runs up the score at the end of the first half....Up 19-8 and instead of running the clock out and going into halftime with a 19-8 lead, they run the ball about 3 times then throw a 45+ yard pass to get down to the goal line so they can score again, all with 30 seconds to go before half...Smh...
How is that unsportsmanlike? Being up only 19-8 you still have to try to score. If the score was fifty to nothing or something I would agree, but not with the score 19-8.
Great win by bath county, nothing estill could do with their offense

I guess that is why Estill left their Varsity in just to score against Bath’s JV? Makes sense now. Sorry you got offended.
Way to go Bath County.
Djr
if i recall correctly didn’t bath score 3 times in the last 5-6 minutes last year to barely beat estill at estill? 11 points can come quick. gotta score when you can. not unsportsmanlike

I don’t understand this statement at all. Had there been 2 minutes left in the game I agree....but it was the 2nd quarter. That why you practice the 2 minute offense so you can move the ball quickly if needed.

You mean to tell me that Estill Co would have 3 knees and went to halftime?....I know the answer to that question and it is no. They would have and rightfully should have tried to score. Best of luck to the Engineers the rest of the season. I think the district is between them and Powell Co.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I don’t understand this statement at all. Had there been 2 minutes left in the game I agree....but it was the 2nd quarter. That why you practice the 2 minute offense so you can move the ball quickly if needed.

You mean to tell me that Estill Co would have 3 knees and went to halftime?....I know the answer to that question and it is no. They would have and rightfully should have tried to score. Best of luck to the Engineers the rest of the season. I think the district is between them and Powell Co.

Estill is a running team not a throwing team so yes if the clock is winding down you'll see them run the ball until the clock runs out....Bath ran the ball 3 times then under 30 seconds they started passing the ball up 2 TD's. To me, that's running up the score.
All throug the game Bath players and Estill players were picking each other up off the field and treating each other with respect. Hank you are simply a sore loser troll.
In my opinion, teams should not call off the dogs early in the game until they have a 36 point lead. Until then it’s the offenses job to score, and the defenses job to stop them. Plain and simple
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:Estill is a running team not a throwing team so yes if the clock is winding down you'll see them run the ball until the clock runs out....Bath ran the ball 3 times then under 30 seconds they started passing the ball up 2 TD's. To me, that's running up the score.
They put the running clock rule in for a reason. Anything until that happens is fair game.

But what you’re talking about isn’t even close to being unsportsmanlike. It wouldn’t even be unsportsmanlike if they did it trying to achieve a running clock before the half!
Good to see Bath back in the 3A discussion.

This may be the “dumbest” post in BGR history!!

It's no secret that I am 100% an Estill fan, but being up 11 and trying to score again before the half is by no means "running up the score." I really home this is a joke. If not, ridiculous post, my friend.

All of that being said, district play starts this week for Estill and they are trending in the right direction I think. IMO the district will be between them and Powell. Good luck to all.