Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 50 George Washington (WV) 28
Final
Good win for Ashland on the road in West Virginia. This was a real shootout between 2 good QBs. GWs QB is going to Marshall and threw for a ton of yards but Braxton Ratliff matched him and more. The only downer for Ashland is that quite a few players are injured to be so early in the season.
Ashland has a lot of injuries and this game was 14-7 GW with a minute left till half but next man up and wow did they turn it on the 2nd half. Wells the GW QB and Marshall commit threw the ball 60 times. They run mostly 5 wide outs no backs and sling it all over. Good good win for the Tomcats.
Impressive win for Tomcats.
Congrats to Kittens. Looking very good this year.
Bryant didn’t play out 3 or 4 weeks. Brandt broken collar bone out 4 weeks clean break. Jones could play next week but won’t. Skaggs and Caine’s played basically with one hand both have big padded wraps on one hand. Ashland needs to get healthy for GC and JC and hopefully a deep playoff run.
Super proud of the Tomcats last night. To play through all the injuries that we have and still beat down a traditional West Virginia power speaks volumes of the type of team that we have his year. There’s nobody going to deny this team.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Super proud of the Tomcats last night. To play through all the injuries that we have and still beat down a traditional West Virginia power speaks volumes of the type of team that we have his year. There’s nobody going to deny this team.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I know, and for the 15th straight year, this is again, "The Year"..Right??

Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I know, and for the 15th straight year, this is again, "The Year"..Right??

Confusednicker:

I always enjoy following your hatred of the Ashland program from year to year. I haven't seen you bring up Not-so-BadCat this year yet. I'd love to know the back story on whatever must have happened between you and that guy at some point in the past.

As for this year, Ashland is better than they've been in a long time, BUT their biggest weakness is Johnson Central's biggest strength. The Golden Eagles will be able to line up and just run it right at Ashland over and over with great success. If Johnson Central doesn't make a bunch of self inflicted errors like them fumbling the game away last year, then they will score every time they have the ball. However, Ashland has the potential of scoring a lot on Johnson Central this year, too. The Ashland QB is good and they do have a lot of speed. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in October.
Ashland has obviously had a really solid start to the beginning of the season with a few playmakers out for them. To me this is one the most talented teams Ashland has had in a while and they already have had a taste of what it is like to beat JC from last year.

JC has had a decent start to the year against two good teams but they do have plenty of things to fix as well. Joe Jackson has looked good and the passing game looks as good as it’s been in years. For as much has been talked about Ashland’s injury problems JC had 4 key starters go down right before the start of the season and I think you can chalk some of the slow start up to all the shuffling that’s been done.

It’s a long way away and a lot of things can happen over the course of the season but I think that game will be a slugfest once both teams get everyone healthy.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I always enjoy following your hatred of the Ashland program from year to year. I haven't seen you bring up Not-so-BadCat this year yet. I'd love to know the back story on whatever must have happened between you and that guy at some point in the past.

As for this year, Ashland is better than they've been in a long time, BUT their biggest weakness is Johnson Central's biggest strength. The Golden Eagles will be able to line up and just run it right at Ashland over and over with great success. If Johnson Central doesn't make a bunch of self inflicted errors like them fumbling the game away last year, then they will score every time they have the ball. However, Ashland has the potential of scoring a lot on Johnson Central this year, too. The Ashland QB is good and they do have a lot of speed. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in October.

My hatred of Ashland is pretty much confined to a program that always has always had a very good program but at the same time always had to cheat to maintain superiority...And don't say that you don't know that to be fact, because that is LEGENDARY fact, and everyone knows it...

As far as NotsoBADCAT, we are actually pals, with me being his biggest fan. However The Prideful One, runs a very close second. Why you could make a Nike slogan out of his annual "This is The Year" propaganda...:biggrin: But you are right that I have not given ole NotsoBAD the praise and honor that he deserves so much this year, but it's been a very busy year on the workfront and I really do need to start doing better.

And that very good QB , for Ashland, well that's a good ole Johnson Co. boy, aint it? Actually he comes from a very good family that I consider to be very good friends...Ironic that it takes a Johnson Co. boy to make em competitive, aint it?