Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard Co. 30 Madison Southern 28
Garrard Co. 30 Madison Southern 28 - Final
Way to go Golden Lions !
Shocked at this score.
I am a Madison Southern guy. We have a lot of rebuilding to do this year. I am afraid its going to be a very long season.
Big bounce back for Garrard after close one last week. Sounds like they still didn’t execute well at the end but it worked out for them this time.
Congrats to Garrard
Great win for Garrard
Good job by the Golden Lions. I knew when we scrimmaged them they had potential. A huge line and some fairly physical backs. IMO their line size, and pretty decent athleticism on the line makes them a threat.
Southern has one of the worst offensive lines I've seen there in quite some time. The three interior guys are strong, but they are SUPER SLOW and don't move well. Southern has some very athletic skill guys, but that O-line is not good and for what Southern has done the last few years they can't do now. I will say this, BEAT SOUTHERN while you can, because in 2 years they will have a better overall team than they has last year. Great win for the Golden Lions, their guys played with more heart and out-hustled Southern in the 2nd half.
One guy has been mentioned on here as a top 10 O lineman in the state. Surprise the O line not better. Maybe, minus Damian Harris and a weak 5A East last year, Southern is about where they usually are.
Drake Jackson is a top 5 offensive lineman. However I was told he was all they had. 1 O lineman isn’t going to win many games no matter how good he is if no one else can block.
I’ll disagree with that. Southern may not be loaded this year and may struggle, but Jon Clark has built a program. His off-season program that includes character building is phenomenal and was never existent until he arrived. Southern isn’t even close to last year and probably won’t be for a couple of years. Future is very bright though, and a great group of underclassmen.
From looking at the stats, It didnt look like Mad South OL was the issue. They only had about 30 offensive plays and scored 28 points