Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Covington Holy Cross 8/17
Didn’t see a thread on this. So here we go. Official start to a promising season. Who ya got and why? #GoPanthers
Pikeville can win this game but you still have to go and do your job and don’t be over confident. Pikeville 45 to 7
Pikeville by 16.
I don't know anything about Covington Holy Cross besides they looked over matched against Pikeville last season and I'm not sure a change of venue will change much else.
Pikeville by a whole bunch!!!
Holy Cross is bad, this should be a first half running clock.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Pikeville by a whole bunch!!!
Holy Cross is bad, this should be a first half running clock.
Who have they scrimmaged? Results?
Holy Cross having its feeder team fold 4-5 years ago is now seeing the results of that.
Wow!!!!! Big time warm-up game on the road to get the season started :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: 1A teams is loaded in the east this year.

Pikeville 54
Covington Holy Cross 07
Pikeville 42
Cov Holy Cross 6
PHSForever Wrote:Who have they scrimmaged? Results?

They just lost to Bellevue 20-7 in a scrimmage.
Not sure how the scrimmage format was, but if you are on the losing end of a scrimmage with Bellevue, then it's gonna be a long year.
Pikeville 35-14.
Mountain putty tats by a million
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville can win this game but you still have to go and do your job and don’t be over confident. Pikeville 45 to 7

:closeenough:
Panthers too strong for CHC.
48 - 12
I just want to see the boys get out there, establish line dominance, and take off. All gas, no brakes. The LC scrimmage actually gave us a chance to see some people in high rep, live game situations due to the people being held out as well as the one player who came out (he’s fine). Line depth looked solid across the board, no big drop offs really. Enjoyed seeing them get downfield and blocking on screens, etc. got very good push in the running game from them. WR core is STRONG and deep, D middle looked good, especially considering two LBs sitting out, versus a very run heavy team. Pass D was really good, I believe there was one interception in 10-10 format and one in the quarters format. One pass breakup that was VERY close to being intercepted.

So all that being said, I feel really good about how we look at this point in the season. I think the coaches have done a tremendous job with his bunch, and I’m not going to put points on it, but Panthers big in my opinion!
Pikeville will dominate in this one!
Pikeville in a route.
My understanding is the game will be played at Covington Scott High School. Can anyone confirm this? Turf or grass? First visit for me to any NKy school field. With the rain forecast potential, looks like it MAY be a ground and pound game.
Bump. Any NKy people on here that can give me clarification or they all over on that other site because they're too good for us here? Lol
Panthers by 14 or 21. Good luck!
PHSForever Wrote:Bump. Any NKy people on here that can give me clarification or they all over on that other site because they're too good for us here? Lol

Scott has a turf field.
Pikeville should win, and win big in this game.
If they don't win by a substantial margin, then I would be concerned if I were a Pikeville supporter. I would expect a similar result to last years game.
Pikeville looked pretty good against Lawrence Co in their scrimmage. I'd say the Panthers should roll in this game. The only thing hurting them will be the long bus trip to NKY.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Pikeville looked pretty good against Lawrence Co in their scrimmage. I'd say the Panthers should roll in this game. The only thing hurting them will be the long bus trip to NKY.

That long ride may hurt them until kick off but these young man can’t wait to get on the field and do there thing. Hopefully they are not to hyped up and make some mistakes but one never knows. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
I think Pikeville may start out slow but in the end will put a running clock and JV will get reps in second half. Just need to stay healthy and take it one game at a time.
This time tomorrow night they will be warming up can’t hardly wait. Going to the game hear you better bring your rain gear. Always love playing in the rain hate sitting in it.Probably going to a run game due to the weather but Pikeville can do that and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I'll go with Pikeville 55 Covington Holy Cross 14...running clock in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.
I was going to go but 7 hours on the road and a tank of gas and a very long day at the end of the work week for a game that will be over soon after kickoff...will enjoy the radio broadcast with hopefully the local guys.

Pikeville 36 HC 0 at halftime...final 50-14.
It’s game day, love the new locker room it look great.Tonight is what we have been waiting for the start of the season. Now it’s time to put all that work together and play the game. Hope for a injury free game for both teams but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville's new locker room is unbelievable.