Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Catcher In The 15th Region
anyone have a poll of them..
Corey Adams - Paintsville
Taylor Smith JC
Corey Adams Paintsville
Adams from Paintsville is pretty good. A junior?
sportsfanatic06 Wrote:Adams from Paintsville is pretty good. A junior?
no just a soph.
Tim Hayes from Lawrence County is the best catcher in the region.
Without question-Tim Hayes
Taylos Smith
Pacman Wrote:Tim Hayes from Lawrence County is the best catcher in the region.
What about Eithan Conley? How do you rank him?
Tubby Hater Wrote:What about Eithan Conley? How do you rank him?

From the few games I've seen the Rebels play, he has had his good moments and his bad ones. I haven't actually seen any teams run with a lot of success on AC however, so he is probably among the top 6-7 catchers in the region. I'd say you'll see Conley share some time behind the plate with some other young catchers before this season is over. Overall, this kid works very hard and is much better than I imagined he would be behind the plate.
Pacman Wrote:From the few games I've seen the Rebels play, he has had his good moments and his bad ones. I haven't actually seen any teams run with a lot of success on AC however, so he is probably among the top 6-7 catchers in the region. I'd say you'll see Conley share some time behind the plate with some other young catchers before this season is over. Overall, this kid works very hard and is much better than I imagined he would be behind the plate.
I have known the kid for a long time, use to work some with his dad. He has a great attitude and work ethic.
I dont think there is a Catcher that can use his body to block balls as good as Corey Adams, and also has thrown out 10 runners this year in 13 games. On top of that he is one of the best solid contact hitters on the tiger team.
There is a big gap between Hayes and the rest of the 15th region catcher's
Prep Star Wrote:There is a big gap between Hayes and the rest of the 15th region catcher's
Not that big....if at all.
guru! you make it way too obvious where your from...these rankings are so b.s. b/c everyone on here is so biast....not just about the catchers but the rankings as well...
Taylot Smith--JC and he is only a freshman
bigE Wrote:guru! you make it way too obvious where your from...these rankings are so b.s. b/c everyone on here is so biast....not just about the catchers but the rankings as well...
What are u talking about all he said was there isnt that big of a gap? But really that is true. Sorry he had his opion there buddy.
bigE Wrote:guru! you make it way too obvious where your from...these rankings are so b.s. b/c everyone on here is so biast....not just about the catchers but the rankings as well...
Well.....considering I have done everything in my power, including giving my name out here on rivals, you must be a genius to figure it out!!! Pure Sherlock Holmes stuff that you are made of!!!
Yep....I am biased alright!!!
I haven't seen the kid from paintsville but if he's even close to Tim hayes then he's a fine ball player. I would still LOVE to see Mr. Hayes come out his senior year and play just one more year of football I loved watching him play .
In playing against most of these guys last year, I would say Tim Hayes. He has a sweet stroke at the plate and is a fine defensive catcher as well. Now, I haven't seen Johnson Central's catcher, and Paintsville's catcher doesn't sound too familiar either. But I was impressed last season with Hayes from Lawrence County.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:In playing against most of these guys last year, I would say Tim Hayes. He has a sweet stroke at the plate and is a fine defensive catcher as well. Now, I haven't seen Johnson Central's catcher, and Paintsville's catcher doesn't sound too familiar either. But I was impressed last season with Hayes from Lawrence County.
Lwrence Co seems to always have a good catcher, I am sure you remember the kid who caught for them on the 03 team you faced in the state sectional. That kid was awesome as well. Lawrence Co is really well coached, you can watch these guys for the past 6 or 7 years and they are always a solid fundamental team in all aspects. Of course it also helps having Blevins throwing smoke on the mound as well.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:In playing against most of these guys last year, I would say Tim Hayes. He has a sweet stroke at the plate and is a fine defensive catcher as well. Now, I haven't seen Johnson Central's catcher, and Paintsville's catcher doesn't sound too familiar either. But I was impressed last season with Hayes from Lawrence County.
Adams from Paintsville is a fine catcher. He is great at blocking the ball. Holds the pitch for just a second and doesn't try to pull the the ball to the middle of the strike zone. doesn't mind at all to block the plate, even if he gets plowed. Doesn't have the strongest arm, but throws out a good percentage. Last year as a freshman he was their regular catcher and hit close to .400 in the 9 hole. This year,(soph year) he is leading off, hitting around .550, and has 2 home runs in 13 games!
This is why IMO, he has to be one of the best in the region, when you consider his all-around game!
The Guru Wrote:Adams from Paintsville is a fine catcher. He is great at blocking the ball. Holds the pitch for just a second and doesn't try to pull the the ball to the middle of the strike zone. doesn't mind at all to block the plate, even if he gets plowed. Doesn't have the strongest arm, but throws out a good percentage. Last year as a freshman he was their regular catcher and hit close to .400 in the 9 hole. This year,(soph year) he is leading off, hitting around .550, and has 2 home runs in 13 games!
This is why IMO, he has to be one of the best in the region, when you consider his all-around game!
Thanks, Guru. He sounds like a solid player. Hopefully I'll be able to see him in action this season. Like I said, I don't remember him from last year.:confused:
Tubby Hater Wrote:Lawrence Co seems to always have a good catcher, I am sure you remember the kid who caught for them on the 03 team you faced in the state sectional. That kid was awesome as well. Lawrence Co is really well coached, you can watch these guys for the past 6 or 7 years and they are always a solid fundamental team in all aspects. Of course it also helps having Blevins throwing smoke on the mound as well.
Yeah, you're right, TH. The catcher that year was very solid. I didn't get to see much of Lawrence County after the '03 season until last year due to them being in the 16th Region. But you're right, they are a very fundamentally sound ball club. Coach Keeton is a fine coach, and knows how to get his players prepared.