Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Blackcats
Just wondering how my boys done the other night in the 7 on 7? I haven't heard anything on how it went. I think FC and SC also played. They keep saying numbers are great and this will be a big year!
Love to see the blackcats get back to where they used to be always enjoyed their games with the Pirates back in the day
Blackcat Legend Wrote:Just wondering how my boys done the other night in the 7 on 7? I haven't heard anything on how it went. I think FC and SC also played. They keep saying numbers are great and this will be a big year!

I heard they had around thirty players, from a friend of mine that is close to the program.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I heard they had around thirty players, from a friend of mine that is close to the program.

Can anyone confirm? With coaching change everyone was expecting many more. If accurate seems that might not be the case.
Blackcat Legend Wrote:Just wondering how my boys done the other night in the 7 on 7? I haven't heard anything on how it went. I think FC and SC also played. They keep saying numbers are great and this will be a big year!

I heard Floyd Central dominated both Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg. I'm hearing this could be a very down year for Prestonsburg, considering their team has so much youth and inexperience. I hope this isn't the case, but if they give Brewer time, I think he can turn things around. People forget the program lost over ten to fifteen players, in the past couple of years, to transfer and the majority of those kids would be starters or role players this year. Good luck to the Blackcats this upcoming season.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I heard Floyd Central dominated both Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg. I'm hearing this could be a very down year for Prestonsburg, considering their team has so much youth and inexperience. I hope this isn't the case, but if they give Brewer time, I think he can turn things around. People forget the program lost over ten to fifteen players, in the past couple of years, to transfer and the majority of those kids would be starters or role players this year. Good luck to the Blackcats this upcoming season.

I have not heard results on the 7 on 7 but based on FC last season and reports out of SC of 50 players out and practicing I would not be surprised if it’s true. Brewer is going to have his work cut out for him for a while and if all the surrounding teams (JC, FC, Paintsville) continue to shine (and SC returns to some of its glory) Pburg may be the odd man out.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I have not heard results on the 7 on 7 but based on FC last season and reports out of SC of 50 players out and practicing I would not be surprised if it’s true. Brewer is going to have his work cut out for him for a while and if all the surrounding teams (JC, FC, Paintsville) continue to shine (and SC returns to some of its glory) Pburg may be the odd man out.

FC doesn't have a win over a decent team ever yet and Prestonsburg crushed them last year. P'burg will be back if they stay the course.
I fully expect the black cats to start the uphill rise again with Coach Brewer he does a fantastic job and his offense will likely pound out the points. And i heard from a very good source they have a good number of kids out and some talent out i fully expect them to start the uphill climb this year.
Might be a few years until the blackcats are back to being the team they used to be.