Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Top Ten preseason predictions
jetpilot Wrote:The mountain football persona is not in need of bolstering, it is fine. The teams you mention are good enough, but how many mountain football titles do they account for in modern times? But to be honest, I don't consider them mountain teams either.

What is your definition of modern?
Well i mean Ashland is 30 mins from Lawrence County on the ole 23. So Ashland is for sure a mountain team.
Granny Bear Wrote::moon:

:Clap: lmao
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Well i mean Ashland is 30 mins from Lawrence County on the ole 23. So Ashland is for sure a mountain team.

So who I saw thirty minutes west of Ashland? Do we include them? Where is the boundary line?
Hatz Wrote:So who I saw thirty minutes west of Ashland? Do we include them? Where is the boundary line?

98% of the people get it: Look out your window. If you see mountains you're a mountain team.
jetpilot Wrote:98% of the people get it: Look out your window. If you see mountains you're a mountain team.

So why is Somerset listed?
jetpilot Wrote:98% of the people get it: Look out your window. If you see mountains you're a mountain team.

BTW, you never answered the definition of modern. Twenty years? Thirty?
[quote=Hatz]So why is Somerset listed?
I get it.....there are mountains in several places throughout the country. But, we all know and should recognize that the term "Mountain schools" are referring to EKY. It's a KY thing and traditionally was South of Ashland all the way to the border. Ashland, Russell, Raceland, etc are at the base of the Appalachian mountains but not in the mountains. There are some nice size hills but there are no mountains near the Ohio River.
Hatz Wrote:So who I saw thirty minutes west of Ashland? Do we include them? Where is the boundary line?

Regions 13, 14 and 15, plus whoever WYMT wants to add for its mountain lists.
Go Colonels! I'm in a hollow.
pjdoug Wrote:Go Colonels! I'm in a hollow.

Don't you mean, holler? Confusednicker:
Folks in that area are uppity, so they call it hollow.

In Harlan County, it's definitely holler!!!
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Don't you mean, holler? Confusednicker:

Yes. that is exactly what I meant Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Folks in that area are uppity, so they call it hollow.

In Harlan County, it's definitely holler!!!

uppity's hind end. I always say holler
The WYMT viewing area is what most people associate geographically as the "mountains".

I just like to say anything south of I64 and east of I75 is the "mountains".
PHSFAN Wrote:The WYMT viewing area is what most people associate geographically as the "mountains".

I just like to say anything south of I64 and east of I75 is the "mountains".

So I am correct is saying Ashland, Russell, Raceland AND Somerset are excluded from this Poll. :Thumbs:
I’ve never considered Ashland, Raceland, Russell to be mountain teams as we are part of our own distinct NEKY region. One thing that I’ve never really understood though is why Ashland Daily Independent considers JC and Paintsville to be part of the NEKY area in its rankings. To me Johnson County just never really felt like part of this area just like NEKY doesn’t feel like it’s part of the mountains.
They had this debate on KSR today. Basically said Somerset was not a mountain school. 13th, 14, and 15th regions were. With the border starting at corbin London going east
I think of mountain school ast WYMT coverage area. So we should let Somerset in. HaHa. Look for Bell County to be in the mountain top 10 after the first couple weeks and stay there!
Ashland Blazer does not consider themselves to be a Mountain team...... and we don't want them either!!! Ashland Blazer is all about the "Tri-State area" of Northeastern KY, Southeastern Ohio & Northwestern West Virginia. IMO, 16th region teams are not mountain teams. Morgan County & Rowan County are the only 16th region schools I would make an argument that could be considered a Mountain team.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed