Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Players Suspended
Titans CB Pacman Jones was suspended for entire 2007 football season and Bengals WR Chris Henry suspended 8 games.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/38811.html
rallo316 Wrote:Titans CB Pacman Jones was suspended for entire 2007 football season and Bengals WR Chris Henry suspended 8 games.
Sucks but it was deserving and needed, hopefully Henry, as well as the rest of the league, including the Bengals, can clean up their acts.

The Bengals will be ok without him, although he is an explosive player that would be great to have.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Its about the N.F.L. starts punishing players for there off the field acts.
The Bengals will miss Henry but the line had to be drawn at some point. Maybe between Tab Perry, Antonio Chatman, Bennie Brazell, and Glenn Holt someone can step up and take up the slack.
Bengal Cat Wrote:The Bengals will miss Henry but the line had to be drawn at some point. Maybe between Tab Perry, Antonio Chatman, Bennie Brazell, and Glenn Holt someone can step up and take up the slack.
Palmer, Rudi, TJ, and Chad are all talking about how the other receivers have a ton of skill, they just need to step-up.

I'm just hoping that this doesn't push the Bengals into drafting Ted Ginn Jr, unless we trade future draft picks for him, because we need a defense,
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
that would be a real bad move if they draft ginn
bizmark Wrote:that would be a real bad move if they draft ginn

I'm having visions of when they drafted Chris Perry when we already had Rudi........ I'm just praying they use some intelligence and draft a defense.
Thank you Commish Goodell...Great move and hopefully the rest of the NFL players that are habitual offenders will get this same treatment when they screw up. Chris Henry is a Steeler Killer, was wishing he would have gotten the whole year, but 8 games is a pretty substantial penalty. But Jones definitely deserved it.
I wouldnt worry about that. They have arguably the top 2 or 3 WR tandem in the entire league. I dont think losing Henry for half the season will push them into making that mistake. I dont think a #3 reciever is that important to them. I believe Marvin's smart enough to put that pick on a DL or a LB..wouldnt worry about it though Fritz, I havent heard much about them drafting anything on offense..
BFritz Wrote:Palmer, Rudi, TJ, and Chad are all talking about how the other receivers have a ton of skill, they just need to step-up.

I'm just hoping that this doesn't push the Bengals into drafting Ted Ginn Jr, unless we trade future draft picks for him, because we need a defense,
I'm severely disappointed, but you get what you deserve.
Mabey it will keep players from breaking the law.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I wouldnt worry about that. They have arguably the top 2 or 3 WR tandem in the entire league. I dont think losing Henry for half the season will push them into making that mistake. I dont think a #3 reciever is that important to them. I believe Marvin's smart enough to put that pick on a DL or a LB..wouldnt worry about it though Fritz, I havent heard much about them drafting anything on offense..
I think our 3 WRs rank right up there with Indy's Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley. In fact, I don't think that Stokley's anything near as good as Henry, or a few of the receivers below him. Rudi has a big year, and then we drafted Chris Perry anyways. I know Marvin's not stupid enough to make that mistake again, but I'm afraid that someone higher up than him would make the call. We need to spend all our picks on defense, unless a very good tight end is left in one of the later rounds, but even that's a stretch.