Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley/Corbin Updates
Going to the top of the 5th

Whitley 6
Corbin 1

Is the curse about to finally end?
Or will the inevitable happen?
And just like that, Whitley takes out edmiston with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th.
Corbin scores 5 runs on the Shelton kid.

Top of the 6th
Tied at 6 now.

IT NEVER FAILS.
Whitley adds one in the top of the 6th

Whitley 7
Corbin 6

Bottom of the 6th corbin up
Corbin adds 3 runs in the bottom of the 6th

Last chance for Whitley

Top of the 7th

Corbin 9
Whitley 7

I'll never understand that pitching change. It boggles the mind
Whitley has based loaded with no outs.
2 errors for corbin this inning
Whitley gets a run across and gets an out running. Dumb move.

Corbin 9
Whitley 8
One out
Runner on first
Bases loaded
2 outs
Rains up
Ball game.

Whitley chokes another one away to corbin
Make that 4512 straight choke jobs :biglmao:

Corbin 9
Whitley 8
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ball game.

Whitley chokes another one away to corbin
Make that 4512 straight choke jobs :biglmao:

Corbin 9
Whitley 8

:HitWall:
I don’t know about you, I couldnt hear a thing for all the choking. Hey pj better luck next time, but like I have always said new coach same ole team.🤮
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I don’t know about you, I clouds the heat a thought bag for all the choking. Hey pj better luck next time, but like I have always said new coach same ole team.🤮
That was definitely :lame: and saying $%^# with a mouthful. wipe your mouth then say it again in English.
pjdoug Wrote:That was definitely :lame: and saying $%^# with a mouthful. wipe your mouth then say it again in English.

Sorry I was driving, edited it when I got stopped. But you got the message. Lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And just like that, Whitley takes out edmiston with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th.
Corbin scores 5 runs on the Shelton kid.

Top of the 6th
Tied at 6 now.

IT NEVER FAILS.

Why did they take him out ? Is he a lot better than the kid they replaced him with?
Gunslinger Wrote:Why did they take him out ? Is he a lot better than the kid they replaced him with?

Edmiston started and bent but never broke.
They yanked him when he had around 90 pitches in.

He brought In Shelton with two outs in the 5th and I think there wasn't a soul there who didn't say to themselves that it was going to be a win for corbin.
There were other options.

I dont get it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Edmiston started and bent but never broke.
They yanked him when he had around 90 pitches in.

He brought In Shelton with two outs in the 5th and I think there wasn't a soul there who didn't say to themselves that it was going to be a win for corbin.
There were other options.

I dont get it.

I think you're a wanna be baseball coach. Or Maybe a past assistant or middle school baseball coach who wasn't asked to be THE coach. Whatever the reason, it's "fans" like you who cause teams trouble. Shupe seems to be a very good coach. Not just based on this year but trips to the state championship in the past, in which unlike you he didn't have to buy a ticket to get in....... But, it really doesn't matter though, whether Whitley loses to us in the semis or finals - it's a season ending loss either way.
I'm proud of the Colonels. Shupe has done a good job.
ProudPanther Wrote:I think you're a wanna be baseball coach. Or Maybe a past assistant or middle school baseball coach who wasn't asked to be THE coach. Whatever the reason, it's "fans" like you who cause teams trouble. Shupe seems to be a very good coach. Not just based on this year but trips to the state championship in the past, in which unlike you he didn't have to buy a ticket to get in....... But, it really doesn't matter though, whether Whitley loses to us in the semis or finals - it's a season ending loss either way.

No. I actually loathe baseball in most cases and I have have given shope (since you know it all, youd think youd know his name) all the credit in the world. I've said it several times this year that shope is the first baseball coach Whitley has ever had in their entire history. The rest have been wannabe teachers looking for an extra stipend.
But last night's sub for edmiston was a mistake. A district championship costing mistake. You wasnt there. You can't assume to know anything.
Whitley baseball has always been like knox basketball. You know they're losing to Corbin when it counts
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No. I actually loathe baseball in most cases and I have have given shope (since you know it all, youd think youd know his name) all the credit in the world. I've said it several times this year that shope is the first baseball coach Whitley has ever had in their entire history. The rest have been wannabe teachers looking for an extra stipend.
But last night's sub for edmiston was a mistake. A district championship costing mistake. You wasnt there. You can't assume to know anything.
Whitley baseball has always been like knox basketball. You know they're losing to Corbin when it counts

In shopes defense ed was at 94 pitches, threw 41 in the fog storm with Williamsburg. Kyle was getting winded and had only thrown 46 strikes out of 94 pitches according to stat book. I see what your saying gut we didn’t square anything up all night but we was hitting him. He only recorded 4 ks and had 5 walks and 5 hits. He pitched 4.2 innings so ten of the outs was fielded outs, defense was making plays I can see where he was coming from.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Sorry I was driving, edited it when I got stopped. But you got the message. Lol

Don't be texting while driving. I don't even want to see you have an accident.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I don’t know about you, I couldnt hear a thing for all the choking. Hey pj better luck next time, but like I have always said new coach same ole team.��

I couldn't disagree with you more I think Shope has done an outstanding job for it being his first year, hope Corbin isn't counting on this so called curse to save their bacon in the next couple years Whitley is gonna go on a tear