Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 10 - Floyd Central 2 (58th District)
After a slow start for Lawrence, they ended up pulling it out. LC had them loaded with nobody out in the 1st inning and managed only 2 runs. Then in the 3rd inning a couple of LC errors allowed 2 runs to cross the plate for Floyd Central to tie it. Lawrence threatened to score more in the bottom of the 3rd and 4th innings, but got nothing. In the 4th, with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, CJ Fairchild hits a deep drive to LF at the fence. Runner from 3rd tags up and scores......and then the umpire decides to get involved saying he left early. I wonder if umpires realize that in today's world, everyone has a camera and is videoing? Anyways, after that HORRIBLE call, LC scores 1 in the bottom of the 5th to take a 3-2 lead. Then in the bottom of the 6th, they open it up with 7 runs to push the lead to 10-2.

8th grader Bryce Blevins picked up the victory. I'm thinking that puts him at 8-1 on the season. Offensively, Sophomore Jackson Feltner went 4-4 to pace the Bulldogs who had (my count) 16 team hits.

LC has been without the potential POY Peyton Cyrus, who is nursing an injury. In his absence, others have really stepped up. Seniors Brad Parks and Jarrett Fairchild in particular. I fully expect Cyrus to be back as I saw him in full uniform last night and took pregame as well.
Also the 7 run 6th inn was also started by a 8th grade.