Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Floyd County Superintendent
It was announced Floyd County has a new super who is from Pike County. Any chance now the Floyd County schools become more agreeable to playing Pikeville in particular? Thoughts?
It was the pike county director of pupil personnel, former Millard teacher, Danny Adkins.
Real Badman Wrote:It was the pike county director of pupil personnel, former Millard teacher, Danny Adkins.
Whose wife is a Pikeville graduate, as well as one older kid
Yea, already kind of a stink over it. I have no opinion on it but man a lot of other folks sure do..
Blacksmith Wrote:Yea, already kind of a stink over it. I have no opinion on it but man a lot of other folks sure do..
Change doesn’t go over well with some, I guess. I’d say when people are entrenched as long as some families were in power roles in Floyd, thinking outside the box or bringing in someone from outside is hard on them. He’s a good man whom I think will be really beneficial to the system as a whole.
Can't say I disagree. I like Danny a lot, however with that said, I don't believe he is going to be turning over the apple cart on day one. I would suspect that most Floyd County schools will be against playing Pikeville. Brewer might if he gets Prestonsburg rolling. I know there is a big anti-adkins movement going around in FCS.
Real Badman Wrote:Can't say I disagree. I like Danny a lot, however with that said, I don't believe he is going to be turning over the apple cart on day one. I would suspect that most Floyd County schools will be against playing Pikeville. Brewer might if he gets Prestonsburg rolling. I know there is a big anti-adkins movement going around in FCS.
Not being from Floyd, help me understand what the issue against Danny is? That he’s not been a super before or that he’s from Pike, or that he’s just not “one of the old bunch”?
Hes an outsider, thats why they dont like him. Simple as that.
Pike County. The mood is the ole boys club is alive and well. Of course I like the ole boys club down beside Walters...

They apparently had a couple of great Floyd County candidates lined up.
PHSForever Wrote:Not being from Floyd, help me understand what the issue against Danny is? That he’s not been a super before or that he’s from Pike, or that he’s just not “one of the old bunch”?
I don't think it's him at all. No one has a problem with him or I've heard nothing negative at all. You know how it is. Folks want one of their own. You take two applicants both equally qualified, the local maybe even more so and then hire an unknown from out of county? Your going to have backlash
PHSForever Wrote:Not being from Floyd, help me understand what the issue against Danny is? That he’s not been a super before or that he’s from Pike, or that he’s just not “one of the old bunch”?

Born and raised in Floyd County, graduated from Betsy Layne... In Floyd County, you're considered an outside if you are not affiliated with Prestonsburg High School.