Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coach named
Have they made a decision on a new coach yet
No.
When are their set spring practice dates?
Spring practice is set for Monday the 9th
A coach has been named
Enlighten us and tell us who it is.
Ovie Canady
Good choice
I am so thrilled!! Perry County couldn't have made a better choice!!

Congratulations Ovie; good luck going forward!!!
They sure took the long way around, but, I'm glad that they finally decided and I'm glad for Ovie. He MUST be a pretty good, LOYAL, guy to have waded through all of decision making process. Congrats to Ovie and good luck!
Good man. Heck of a coach. Congrats!
Hope they appreciate him.
^^The kids appreciate him! That should tell you a lot!
Congrats to Coach Canady, a fine man and coach. Very excited about the future of this program.
Surprised their wasn't a thread on this one

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Ovie-...22873.html
the link doesnt work when i click on it
There was one... merging
For the record, this isn't official yet.
The cats out of the bag that Ovie is now the front-runner, but the SBDM still has to approve.
The SBDM voted to hire Ovie this week.

He's really excited to get things going. I'm sure that comes as a surprise to the folks who said he would turn it down.
I'm really happy for Mr. Canady and his family. Don't know the guy and I'm not from the 14th nor ever lived there, so I'm not the best person to talk to about this, but guys who commit to students in the weight room, and on the field of play, are never going to be bad hires.

Those are guys that are going to be well-respected, especially today, because kids want somebody that talks the talk and walks the walk, or practices what he preaches. Sounds like he's the definition of that example.

Why did Perry County Central wait so long to make a move on him? It's clear that there was an upward trajectory with him on the staff and the players wanted him. What is the problem? Did they want basketball to stay as the "king?"
who's on his staff?
Basketball will always be king
Who did Ovie hire as OC?