Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike county central 2018
Thoughts on up comming year?
Hawks32 Wrote:Thoughts on up comming year?

Gonna be a long season on Buckley’s Creek.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Gonna be a long season on Buckley’s Creek.

Y’s That?
Hawks32 Wrote:Y’s That?

Not a lot of overall talent in the football pool currently at PCC. Sorry....but that’s just the truth
I like the hawks to finish second. Ratliff is the second best coach in Pike County behind Haywood, he knows how to win ball games.
Real Badman Wrote:I like the hawks to finish second. Ratliff is the second best coach in Pike County behind Haywood, he knows how to win ball games.

Ratliff does a decent job at PCC....but he’s not ahead of McNamee at Pikeville
Could someone please post their schedule?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Ratliff does a decent job at PCC....but he’s not ahead of McNamee at Pikeville

Well that is Pikeville. Mac didn’t do a very good job at Central when he was there. Not sure if he had a winning season there
Real Badman Wrote:Well that is Pikeville. Mac didn’t do a very good job at Central when he was there. Not sure if he had a winning season there
Set up a new program from schools that prior to merger did not have strong programs to begin with. And yes, he had a winning record in 98. 6-5. Not sure about prior as I don’t see the records on KHSAA. Big difference between Pikeville and Pike Central in terms of tradition. Comparing apples and oranges.
Ratliff is a good coach he can dot his i’s and cross his t’s with some of the best, am I going to sit hear and say that he is the best coach in pike county no, but he knows want it takes to win.
Real Badman Wrote:Well that is Pikeville. Mac didn’t do a very good job at Central when he was there. Not sure if he had a winning season there
I played for Mac as long as he was there, and he consisted of one player and one player only he didn’t use all tools in the shed just used one wrench, he was just there for a pay check to be honest is was Gordon right and Gordon left and the middle yes he was a good rb but u can’t rely on one play, it takes team work.
Hawks32 Wrote:I played for Mac as long as he was there, and he consisted of one player and one player only he didn’t use all tools in the shed just used one wrench, he was just there for a pay check to be honest is was Gordon right and Gordon left and the middle yes he was a good rb but u can’t rely on one play, it takes team work.
Salty much? All the years I’ve known Mac, never seen him be just one dimensional. Have always seen him try to use everything/everyone that gave him the best chance to win. Then again, like I said, he was working with what he had.
PHSForever Wrote:Set up a new program from schools that prior to merger did not have strong programs to begin with. And yes, he had a winning record in 98. 6-5. Not sure about prior as I don’t see the records on KHSAA. Big difference between Pikeville and Pike Central in terms of tradition. Comparing apples and oranges.

Central did okay their first two or three years under Coach May, I will fact check this later....But yeah I agree it’s apples and oranges. I just wanted to try and Defend my point. Both Eric and Chris played for state championship caliber programs/coaches....both good coaches. But my point was give Eric Pikeville, instead of a brand new Er program, Jenkins (which he had the best season for the cavs in a log time, even best paintsville that year). Saw what he could do at Shelby Valley.
I see PCC dropping to the dreaded #4 seed and get to take the long ride to Boyle County in round 1. Belfry, Floyd Central, and Lawrence Co take 1, 2, and 3 in the district in that order.
Are they playing the same teams, on the same weeks, only switching the home and away games?
Lot of talent left that program. Gotta find somebody that can take care of the rock the way Boggs did, might be tough.