Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pension bill and sports
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nope.

But I will say this. I 100% agree with bevins stance on this issue and he will get my vote.

There used to be a time I thought more of you. Not a whole lot, but more. To be morally okay with lying and taking away from teachers has got to be the most heartless thing I've ever heard of. And I'm a pretty terrible person as it is.
Real Badman Wrote:There used to be a time I thought more of you. Not a whole lot, but more. To be morally okay with lying and taking away from teachers has got to be the most heartless thing I've ever heard of. And I'm a pretty terrible person as it is.

Spare me the pity party. There comes a time in everyone's lives where they don't get what they want when it comes to employment.
As I said earlier in the thread, there's no way to debate this as pro bevin without looking like some anti teacher and hater when that's not the case at all.
I've yet to hear an argument for keeping the pension system the way it is. It is not fiscally possible.
If you want revenge go to all the former politicians ofthis state that spent the pension money and protest them.
Axel Foley Wrote:Most teachers get a Rank I, which is 30 hours above a Master's.

That is absurd to be a teacher. What is actually required other than teaching degree and prexis(sp?)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Spare me the pity party. There comes a time in everyone's lives where they don't get what they want when it comes to employment.
As I said earlier in the thread, there's no way to debate this as pro bevin without looking like some anti teacher and hater when that's not the case at all.
I've yet to hear an argument for keeping the pension system the way it is. It is not fiscally possible.
If you want revenge go to all the former politicians ofthis state that spent the pension money and protest them.

The KY GA should start by first eliminating their own pay. Second eliminate tax credits given to big business.
Real Badman Wrote:The KY GA should start by first eliminating their own pay. Second eliminate tax credits given to big business.

Heck yeah...Let em all move to China, Ireland or Vietnam..We don't need no stinkin stuff like Toyota to begin with.

Great thinkin!!
All in the eye of beholder. Hundreds of teachers would agree with that if it meant they kept their pension plan
Real Badman Wrote:The KY GA should start by first eliminating their own pay. Second eliminate tax credits given to big business.

You can give them to big business. Don't give them to the special interest groups.
Real Badman Wrote:All in the eye of beholder. Hundreds of teachers would agree with that if it meant they kept their pension plan

Thus the screw everybody else mentality...

Governor Martha Lane Collins (D) KY, along with dozens of other state Governors wooed Toyota, hoping to get badly needed jobs for their constituents. In exchange for which, the Democrat darling was perfectly happy to forego some of the taxes normally required of businesses locating in Kentucky. Those jobs continue to support over 8,000 employees at the world's largest auto manufacturing plant in the world. And BTW, all the governors were offering Toyota the moon at that point.

How is Bevin the bad guy here when all he's guilty of is pointing out the sad financial state of affairs he inherited? Would it be better of him to continue in the guileful manner of his predecessors, and just not tell the people he serves that their checking account is about to overdraw? :igiveup:

Axel Foley Wrote:You can give them to big business. Don't give them to the special interest groups.

I agree. The term 'special interest groups' should be listed as a synonym for racial bias IMO. First, in order to qualify for the unmerited financial favor they seek, they must allege mistreatment of their 'race' by the controlling 'race,' which in this case just happens to be Americans and their representative form of government. An absurd irony which on it's face is patently biased of itself.

The whole notion of income equality is a ridiculously impossible 'pipe dream' that only a bunch of fog-hats could have dreamt up in the first place. Cutting to the chase, the guy raking leaves out of your gutters would be paid as much as the thoracic surgeon who saved your life in performing bypass surgery. Or if this were a monarchy (like when Obama sat the throne) the lowliest serf would have as much money as the King.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Thus the screw everybody else mentality...

What do you do for a living
Real Badman Wrote:What do you do for a living

Immaterial.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Spare me the pity party. There comes a time in everyone's lives where they don't get what they want when it comes to employment.

That's the problem with many on the left. If you hold a differing position from them, it's always about going after you personally.

Believe in Matt Bevin's position on the pension issue? You are anti-teacher and anti-education.

Don't believe in medicaid/welfare expansion? You're a heartless person who doesn't care about the poor.

Believe that Biblical marriage between one man and one woman is what is best for our society? You're a bigot who hates gays.

Believe in strong border security and cracking down on illegal immigration? You're a racist bigot who wants to keep people from coming to this country even if it's legally.

Believe that infanticide termed "abortion" should not be allowed? You hate women and want to control their bodies.

Believe in protecting the rights of gun owners, getting guns in the hands of good guys to stop the bad guys and making sure we are well armed in the case of a tyrannical government? You are heartless, don't take action, and want to see continued mass shootings happen.

Believe in lowering all tax brackets, a flat tax, national sales tax, or any other form of tax that does not tax people at 50+%? You're a heartless greedy soul who wants to see the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

It goes on and on and on.