Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 3a
pjdoug Wrote:That's all I need to come up with. I cheer for my hometown boys. Your team is a bunch of out of state players. Not much glory in winning with players from somewhere else.

OK, fair enough. Prove it. Prove that were playing illegal players. I'm sure your referring to the two brothers aren't you? It has been explained many times those kids situation. Your just to simple minded to comprehend it. And if your team had half the tradition that ours does, maybe some kids would want to come play for that program to. But unfortunately that will probably never happen.
#55PirateFan Wrote:OK, fair enough. Prove it. Prove that were playing illegal players. I'm sure your referring to the two brothers aren't you? It has been explained many times those kids situation. Your just to simple minded to comprehend it. And if your team had half the tradition that ours does, maybe some kids would want to come play for that program to. But unfortunately that will probably never happen.

broken record, BS, deja vu etc etc., ..... same ole horse hockey song.
pjdoug Wrote:broken record, BS, deja vu etc etc., ..... same ole horse hockey song.

Uh oh, did I hit a nerve? Sounds like someone can't take the heat! So much hate in you. Hahahaha!
pjdoug Wrote:That's all I need to come up with. I cheer for my hometown boys. Your team is a bunch of out of state players. Not much glory in winning with players from somewhere else.

Pj stop trying to recruit 1A players from Williamsburg. Stop now I mean it. :muscleman
#55PirateFan Wrote:Uh oh, did I hit a nerve? Sounds like someone can't take the heat! So much hate in you. Hahahaha!

No. you almost bored me to sleep by repeating the same ole lies and bs over and over and over :zzz:
64SUR Wrote:Pj stop trying to recruit 1A players from Williamsburg. Stop now I mean it. :muscleman

Williamsburg will make a nice middle school for Whitley County. Go back to Hyden :ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote:No. you almost bored me to sleep by repeating the same ole lies and bs over and over and over :zzz:

Oh ok. I got an idea, why don't you go to a Whitley County thread and hang out and you won't have to be bothered with all this Belfry nonsense. What do you think? I'm sure you'll have that thread all to yourself!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Oh ok. I got an idea, why don't you go to a Whitley County thread and hang out and you won't have to be bothered with all this Belfry nonsense. What do you think? I'm sure you'll have that thread all to yourself!
You'd like that too much.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree, CAL and DeSales can't be overlooked and Ashland should be pretty good to but this Belfry class of 2020 team was the last to win the middle school championship and the only Belfry middle school team, to my knowledge, to go undefeated in doing so. This class has some very talented athletes that should get some college attention as well. The only position that may be a problem for them is going to be the O-Line. With the exception of Center Ethan Wolford, who is a part of the 2020 class and started last year as a Sophomore and will be the starting Center this year, everyone else will be graduating. That will leave us pretty inexperienced up front. But as always our coaching staff will have us ready to go and we have some pretty big and eager young men ready to step in and fill in the gaps. Remember, most people pretty much wrote our O-Line off last year to when we graduated the 2016 class of Bentley, Dotson, and company but it turned out that our O-Line was one of our strong points and ended up being one of the best in 3A. With that said I believe we'll be ok in 2020 up front. I do think that the 2019-2020 state championship is Belfrys to lose. Unless we have a complete melt down similar to the one we had this year against Central when I think they had their best game and we had our worse, we have a great chance of adding another championship trophy to our trophy case. I'm excited for this upcoming season as well. We're losing some really good players but I think we'll be just as good if not a little better. We're returning 4 of the 5 starting O-Lineman and will be bigger up front than we were last year. We'll have some great speed in our backfield and will have our starting QB back for his senior year. I think our defense is where you'll see the biggest improvement. We played alot of Sophomores last year on defense and with a year of experience under their belt I look for them to come out swinging. Looking forward to the next two years of football on Pond Creek. Can't wait for the season to start.

Middle school championships are nice and while they may mean you have some talent on the way up, it doesn't mean championship success.
Snakesnot Wrote:Middle school championships are nice and while they may mean you have some talent on the way up, it doesn't mean championship success.

Didn't say it would. Just meant our 2020 class have been playing, and winning, together for a long time. And the takent is still showing. It's going to take our entire team, from the freshman to the seniors, to make a run and win the absolutely loaded 3A class this year.
I'm so glad Central won that game last season. It was like an early Christmas.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Didn't say it would. Just meant our 2020 class have been playing, and winning, together for a long time. And the takent is still showing. It's going to take our entire team, from the freshman to the seniors, to make a run and win the absolutely loaded 3A class this year.

I agree with that. Belfry has a top notch program.
Snakesnot Wrote:I agree with that. Belfry has a top notch program.

Thanks buddy. Sorry If you thought I came across arrogant with my post. That wasnt my intention. I'm not like that believe it or not coming from a Belfry fan, Lol. When we get beat it's just that, we got beat. Like the Central game, they came to play and we didn't and we got stomped. Plain and simple. Sure we had some injuries but who's to say they didn't either? They were the better team that night and you won't here me making excuses. Were ok though. Belfrys not done yet. I think we have another run or two in us. But who knows?
I said it when the classes were released, if Belfry doesn't win three of the four state titles during this alignment I would be completely shocked. The one thing DeSales has going for them is Scroggins.
Adding Ashland in 2019 will be no cakewalk. I expect it'll be them and Belfry fighting to represent he east in Lexington. Corbin and Belfry will wrap it up this year and I hate to see that end.
BelfryPride Wrote:Adding Ashland in 2019 will be no cakewalk. I expect it'll be them and Belfry fighting to represent he east in Lexington. Corbin and Belfry will wrap it up this year and I hate to see that end.

Personally, I would rather see Ashland and Belfry clash as Belfry and Corbin. Hopefully Belfry can start getting some payback.
Westside Wrote:Hopefully Belfry can start getting some payback.

Yeah for real...
Belfry will be hard to handle. I'd love to see Coach Haywood and Hilton hook up in the semis this year!
ArJay Wrote:Belfry will be hard to handle. I'd love to see Coach Haywood and Hilton hook up in the semis this year!

A lot of other folks would too because that would mean Corbin and Boyle are out.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:A lot of other folks would too because that would mean Corbin and Boyle are out.

Wishful thinking.

😜
It'd be great to have Coach Haywood back on Log Mountain! 3A will be strong it looks like this year.
[quote=ArJay]It'd be great to have Coach Haywood back on Log Mountain! 3A will be strong it looks like this year.[/QUOTE

?? playoff game?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:[quote=ArJay]It'd be great to have Coach Haywood back on Log Mountain! 3A will be strong it looks like this year.[/QUOTE

?? playoff game?

Yes. Not saying I am predicting it or anything, but I'd love to see it. I think we are still 1 year away from taking off.