Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Best Player
Owootah isn't even on Fresno State's team anymore, they didn't even list him after his sophomore year.
Well one year at Fresno State is more than 99.9 percent in this region accomplish in college basketball. Especially at that level. Did he flunk out StrikeoutKing? I am happy for Estill County man. John Bentley is a great guy and good friend and he is very deserving.
Any word on Owootah since his departure from Fresno?
Strikeout King Wrote:I really don't care what anyone says, Bonny was the best player in the region this year. Your dumb if you think otherwise. He proved that he was the best player. BTW, he dropped 23 in the win over Cordia. Benton was huge that game and your right on that, if it wasn't for Joe, Cordia would have won.

If Cordia has players that will play D1 then I'd say schools like EKU or WKU they won't go to no UK, Duke, Kansas or any big school like that. Remember the kid that was at Fresno State that was at Cordia? No one ever hears his name mention anywhere anymore....

Those two words in that order tell the whole story.
Bonny is worthy of his award. It's a coaches vote and coaches take into account a lot of factors that you would have to talk to them about.

All anyone was saying SoK was there are other players who are just as (or more) talented than Bonny in the 14th Region. Are they player of the year? No. Did they go to Rupp? No. He earned his spot. Calling people dumb for disagreeing with you is honestly ridiculous and I don't understand why the staff on this site continues to stoop to this middle-school behavior.

Bonny seems like a great kid and I loved seeing him put on that performance against Knott, but there are just other kids out there better-suited for the D1 college game. Does that make Bonny less of a player? No. Crazy Horse just said he thought Keita is the better player and he's not stupid for saying it.
Can we just respect each others' opinions? because that is what all of these statements are, one persons fact is another's opinion.
Crazy Horse Wrote:We all know MVP does not mean best player like in the NBA, Lebron has been the best for years. MVP just means best season, Bonny is very much deserving of the award. But best player he is not, like at Cordia. Cordia has a big guy that will be playing D-1 college next year or the year after that... yet he did not win MVP

Best player isn't determined by a Division I school being interested. For the 50th time, that might mean best POTENTIAL, but he wasn't the best player in the region and maybe not on the team. Where is he playing next year anyway? Haven't heard anything lately.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Can we just respect each others' opinions? because that is what all of these statements are, one persons fact is another's opinion.

Absolutely not!
HCS Wrote:Best player isn't determined by a Division I school being interested.For the 50th time, that might mean best POTENTIAL, but he wasn't the best player in the region and maybe not on the team. Where is he playing next year anyway? Haven't heard anything lately.

Then please give me the official definition of “best player.”

It is purely subjective and if someone wants to make “best player” and “most potential” mutually inclusive that’s their opinion.

You can’t tell me Caleb Bonny was unequivocally the best player in the 14th this year no more than anyone could make that claim for anyone since I’ve been watching basketball around here.

There are a handful of players every year who could get POTY. Would anyone (not from Estill County) complain if Isaac Caudill got the award this year? That’s not a knock on Estill County. I’m just saying those folks believe in their guy.
I think it means who performed the best during that season. It's very debatable in the 14th Region, I agree. I don't believe in letting a college coach in California, or wherever, determine who is the best player because they are recruiting someone based on what they saw in a camp. Talent and potential, to me, aren't as important as actual performance.
I had Caudill No. 1 going into the season. I think you could make a case for him or Bonny.
Well let’s look at Mr. KY... I look at it as the best career in KY high school not the best senior season. Why I thought Justice deserved the award. I do believe Bonny had the best career in high school then any player we can mention so I have no problem with him winning the POTY... but when it comes to both sides of the ball, the X’s and O’s, skill sets, fundamentals... add everything together Bonny is clearly not the best player. Bonny played for a coach that gave him the green light and when Bonny would ball hog would never get chewed out. I averaged 13 a game my senior year and did not shoot 1/8 the FGA he did. Nothing against the kid, one Christian to another I have huge respect for him. Need more kids like him in this world, but best player he was not. Already know Caudill was going to be the 14th’s MR KY Candidate and Bentley found out, pulled some strings, done some magic, and was switched to Bonny.
Emanuel owootooah is a junior at Carlton university in Ontario Canada it is the top school in Canada for basketball. He played 2 years at Fresno state and played a lot of minutes and was a key player. I think he got into it with another player and left the team. He has a lot of videos on you tube from his senior year at Cordia if you don't think he could play watch for yourself the game against Knott county in the all a st Breathitt co was incredible.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Emanuel owootooah is a junior at Carlton university in Ontario Canada it is the top school in Canada for basketball. He played 2 years at Fresno state and played a lot of minutes and was a key player. I think he got into it with another player and left the team. He has a lot of videos on you tube from his senior year at Cordia if you don't think he could play watch for yourself the game against Knott county in the all a st Breathitt co was incredible.

We all know Owootoah was good. And those of us who aren't blinded by fandom understand a scholarship to Fresno State is a big freaking deal.
What's dumb is a thread like this wasn't made until Estill won the region tournament, coach of the year and player of the year.
No one would complain if anyone else won POTY other than Bonny. Caudill was preseason player of the year per the cats pause and he got our dueled by by Bonny in the region championship.

Getting a D1 scholarship is a big deal to regardless of what school. My point on that was it don't matter who gets a D1 scholarship they don't finish at their school. Look at Owootah at Fresno State he is now in Canada at a school that no one has heard of. Camron Justice went to Vandy for what 2 years? Left and no one has heard about him since.

And I highly doubt Bentley got things switched from Caudill to Bonny on Mr. KY basketball. No one was winning that other than the Faulkner kid.

People just butthurt bc a kid from Estill won Region player of the year and not Caudill or anyone else.

Can't say they ain't bc this thread was made. Lol.
Strikeout King Wrote:What's dumb is a thread like this wasn't made until Estill won the region tournament, coach of the year and player of the year.

This thread was started on Feb. 27
Regional tournament didn't finish up until a week later
Strikeout King Wrote:No one would complain if anyone else won POTY other than Bonny. Caudill was preseason player of the year per the cats pause and he got our dueled by by Bonny in the region championship.

Getting a D1 scholarship is a big deal to regardless of what school. My point on that was it don't matter who gets a D1 scholarship they don't finish at their school. Look at Owootah at Fresno State he is now in Canada at a school that no one has heard of. Camron Justice went to Vandy for what 2 years? Left and no one has heard about him since.

And I highly doubt Bentley got things switched from Caudill to Bonny on Mr. KY basketball. No one was winning that other than the Faulkner kid.

People just butthurt bc a kid from Estill won Region player of the year and not Caudill or anyone else.

Can't say they ain't bc this thread was made. Lol.

First bolded - That little-brother mentality will get you nowhere on here. This is a discussion and no one is really even complaining the kid won the award. There are a few folks saying there are better players or players with more potential, but no one is complaining the kid won the award. Stop getting tore up because folks didn't roll out the red carpet.

Second bolded - No, that's not what you were point was. You tried talking crap about Owootoah playing for Fresno State, got called out, and now you're changing your tune. You said, "If Cordia has players that will play D1 then I'd say schools like EKU or WKU they won't go to no UK, Duke, Kansas or any big school like that." It takes a lot to earn a Div. I scholarship to play basketball anywhere and you can be the 14th Region POTY and not be the top college prospect. There's nothing wrong with that.

Third bolded - Camron Justice hasn't been heard from because when you transfer in college you have to sit out a year. It's hard to hear a lot about a player who isn't even playing. His KCC buddy Evan Hall is doing alright with IUPUI on the same team; hit a game-winner a while back.

Fourth bolded - You're obviously the one torn up the most about this entire situation. Bonny is POTY and the Engineers went to Rupp. What more do you want?

Guys, this one's been fun, but I'm leaving it in your all's capable hands.
Congrats to Caleb Bonny and the Engineers on their season. I really enjoyed watching their run in the postseason.
zaga_fan Wrote:This thread was started on Feb. 27
Regional tournament didn't finish up until a week later

This was made right after the COTY's and POTY's were made and released to the public....
Why is this even still talked about? Both players were very good and either one would have been deserving. Both will probably go on and play in college. Both were important players on the two best teams in the region. So either way, unless they tied, one of them was gonna be left off. Bonny won and deserved it, let it all go.
Strikeout King Wrote:This was made right after the COTY's and POTY's were made and released to the public....

Does your post not say this was posted after Estill won the Regional Tournament?

Am I reading it wrong?
Did I say anything about COTY or POTY?
Is anyone complaining about COTY?

I'm sorry. I'm really not getting back in here this time. My curiosity got the best of me.
zaga_fan Wrote:Does your post not say this was posted after Estill won the Regional Tournament?

Am I reading it wrong?
Did I say anything about COTY or POTY?
Is anyone complaining about COTY?

I'm sorry. I'm really not getting back in here this time. My curiosity got the best of me.

You said that this thread was made before the region tournament ended, correct. However, this thread was made AFTER the COTY and POTY's were announced.