Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donovan on PTI....being asked about the UK job...........
.....be on in about 5 minutes
I fully expect him to attempt to divert the question and talk mostly about the final four. I wouldn't expect anything that would shock anybody.
Well somebody let know, I don't get ESPN.
He never denied that he would talk to UK. They asked if he would answer if they came calling and he continued to say "Right now I'm worried about Florida" He probably said that 5 or 6 times. But never said that he was Florida's coach next season. The asked him one last time if he could be the coach at UK in a couple of weeks and he didn't say no or deny it in anyway or fashion. He just said "I'm at Florida right now and for that that's what I'm worrying about"

It's becoming more and more likely to me that he is all but in at UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have to agree with you alfus. I believe he will be the next UK coach.
Once again he danced around the question saying, "I am not the decision maker in the process." Also said, he was totally focused on UCLA right now and did not want to forecast anything 2 or 3 weeks down the road. Also said he was happy at Florida, but once again had a chance to say "not interested," but didn't.

Also....he stuttered somewhat when asked.
He kinda started to blush when they asked if he would at least answer the phone, and like you all said he said he couldn't predict what happens anywhere from 3 weeks to 10 days from now. He could've silenced everyone, but just said he wasn't the decision maker in this process and all he's worried at right now is UCLA. We have got to like our chances, he has now had the opprotunity on live television in front of the nation to say he is with Florida and Florida ONLY. He chose not to.
I think theres no doubt he will at least look at UK. Otherwise all he had to say is.....I want to put an end to all the speculation right now, I will be at Florida next year and I'm not interested in the Ky job. He had an opportunity to end it once again and didn't.
First of all, this guy is coaching in his second Final Four. Who could blame him for focusing solely on UCLA? I mean, I'm sure the job is on his mind, but I don't expect anything to come out of his mouth until next week, at the earliest. Nothing will be known until after the NCAA Tournament. We, as UK fans, should just be patient until then. I want Donovan just as bad as anyone else. I LOVE the guy as a coach, person, recruiter, etc. But I know nothing will be said, other than all of these rumors, until Florida either loses or wins the whole thing. Either way, until then, we all just need to be patient. However, like you all, I too believe that we will see Bill the Kid in Kentucky Blue next season.
If he does take the UK job, do ya think he will bring Patterson with him?
SportsFan80 Wrote:If he does take the UK job, do ya think he will bring Patterson with him?

No doubt about that unless another school or coach has really grabbed his attention recently, and as I posted earlier on the thread about Donovan being a done deal. Nick Calathes(5 star guard committed for UF) said he would be UK bound if Billy leaves Florida for UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StrikeoutKing Wrote:First of all, this guy is coaching in his second Final Four. Who could blame him for focusing solely on UCLA? I mean, I'm sure the job is on his mind, but I don't expect anything to come out of his mouth until next week, at the earliest. Nothing will be known until after the NCAA Tournament. We, as UK fans, should just be patient until then. I want Donovan just as bad as anyone else. I LOVE the guy as a coach, person, recruiter, etc. But I know nothing will be said, other than all of these rumors, until Florida either loses or wins the whole thing. Either way, until then, we all just need to be patient. However, like you all, I too believe that we will see Bill the Kid in Kentucky Blue next season.

I know what you are saying. I wasn't expecting him to make a bigtime announcement on PTI. What I was looking for was to see if he (given the chance on national tv) would try to put these rumors to rest. Its been 3 days since the reporter asked him the question after the Butler win. Yet he pretty much gave the same answer.
I just hope that if Billy D takes the job, he wont turn this team into Florida and have them acting like Noah. Dancing around and actin like an idiot. Besides Noah, the rest of the Florida players are ok, and very athletic, something UK players are inept at. Maybe Billy D can get this team to in shape to keep up with other teams. I say this in hopes that he takes the job which is looking more and more like he is going to.
i dont know how the whole uk job will play out
but it should be interesting.
Patterson said "UK is a great basketball program and Tubby Smith is a great coach and person I guess we will see who the next coach is"
Billy Donovan will be the next UK coach. Makes good sense. UK will announce the hiring right after Florida wins the national title. What a way to go out, plus can take over one of the most cherished coaching jobs in the nation.
The forum on "Rome is Burning" is certain he's not coming, but everything I am hearing says he is... and he isn't really doing a good job of hiding it IMO....
SportsFan80 Wrote:I just hope that if Billy D takes the job, he wont turn this team into Florida and have them acting like Noah. Dancing around and actin like an idiot. Besides Noah, the rest of the Florida players are ok, and very athletic, something UK players are inept at. Maybe Billy D can get this team to in shape to keep up with other teams. I say this in hopes that he takes the job which is looking more and more like he is going to.

I want guys that play like Noah all day every day....

Its called Love of the game and passion, as well as being so good that no one can shut him up.

I am tired of every time I looked at Crawford and Morris
Exactly..could Not Have Worded That Any Better!
lets not get our hopes up guys. set urselves up for dissapointment that way u wont be let down. a man who used to wear blue ties made me that way.
Just announced on LEX 18 A package deal has been offered to Billy D for 7 years 3.5 million a year, that it would go in place after Florida's Last game. But not getting any hopes up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]