Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 82 Whitley County 66
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Which calls did you not agree with? When a team gets behind they typically start fouling when a team holds it.
How many charges were called in this game. Must be a Corbin fan
Rainingthrees Wrote:Corbin wasn't holding it.
Taylor was taking it to the hole
Superfly Wrote:How many charges were called in this game. Must be a Corbin fan

I just find it funny when people who weren’t at the game comment on officiating that they didn’t see. But that’s just me 🤷🏻*♂️
SmileyTown Wrote:Everyone knows the 13th has some of the worst officials west of the Mississippi!!!

They have some the worst officials East of Mississippi also. :Thumbs:
Willie Turnover Wrote:They have some the worst officials East of Mississippi also. :Thumbs:

Yea both sides of the border! They have to go far and wide to find guys of this caliber.
I came to Corbin a few years ago only time in this one kid's career he fouled out of a high school game. P S he is playing major Division 1 ball now.
The Colonels finished the game with 4 players on the floor. 1. We don’t have enough players to start with, they will not play for the coach. 2. We had a player to put in, Johnson, but because he had had his ovation earlier coach decides not to put him in and let his teammates play the last few minutes with 4. This sums up exactly what this coach’s priorities have been. Time for a change, however not sure the administration cares enough either. So here we are at a school this size with 12 players on the entire team that consists of freshmen, JV and Varsity. Williamsburg has double that. Anyone else see the problem here. It will get worse, have talked to several not playing next year for this reason. Go Colonels!
Willie Turnover Wrote:They have some the worst officials East of Mississippi also. :Thumbs:

Confusednicker:
TheColonel Wrote:The Colonels finished the game with 4 players on the floor. 1. We don’t have enough players to start with, they will not play for the coach. 2. We had a player to put in, Johnson, but because he had had his ovation earlier coach decides not to put him in and let his teammates play the last few minutes with 4. This sums up exactly what this coach’s priorities have been. Time for a change, however not sure the administration cares enough either. So here we are at a school this size with 12 players on the entire team that consists of freshmen, JV and Varsity. Williamsburg has double that. Anyone else see the problem here. It will get worse, have talked to several not playing next year for this reason. Go Colonels!

I've seen the problem since I was a kid :biglmao:
The kids that can play the sport of basketball (football,baseball,softball,golf, cheerleading,wrestling,tennis,or track) needs to play regardless if they like the coach or not. It is not the coaches job to be their best friend but to coach the team. You only have 4 years of high school so put feelings aside and play. Have a friend who played back in the early 80's who couldn't stand her coach when she got to high school but said after her senior year she loved the coach and wished she could play another 4 years for him. Feelings change and some of these kids are more mature now and may realize this. I support all the coaches and teams at Whitley and take pride in it and wished that the kids who have the talent to play any sport for our school would also take some pride of the name on that uniform and play. Another thing is we have to keep the talent at the school, the best player on the team up the road was once a county boy. Happened when I was in school there also, had kids transfer to other schools. Agree 100% with you about numbers, very important in all sports and hopefully the boys team will have more players next year. I know the 7-8 graders coming up have some talent and can't wait to watch them play for the next 4-5 years. I want all of our teams to compete year in and year out for titles and as big as our school is we should. From your post you are just as big of a supporter as I am and want the best for our school. One thing I wish you would stop doing is hammering our coach and a certain player. Watched that kid play since grade school and played every game until his last with heart and pride. Going to go down as one of the greatest to ever wear the Whitley uniform and future hall of fame member. Coach Overbey did the best he could with what he had and I enjoyed watching this team play this year, every game they tried and competed until they ran out of fuel. Can not figure for the life of me why you are so jealous of this kid and coach.If a change happens it happens but regardless of who the coach is of any sport at Whitley I will continue to support them and hope the kids that can play and help in any sport will do so. Be apart of the solution as far as getting the numbers up, if you see or talk to a kid you know that can help encourage them to play, High school is a short 4 years tell them that and tell them Colonel Nation needs them. Colonel for life, love this school. Colonel Nation coming to the Arena Tuesday night, be ready!
Rainingthrees Wrote:The kids that can play the sport of basketball (football,baseball,softball,golf, cheerleading,wrestling,tennis,or track) needs to play regardless if they like the coach or not. It is not the coaches job to be their best friend but to coach the team. You only have 4 years of high school so put feelings aside and play. Have a friend who played back in the early 80's who couldn't stand her coach when she got to high school but said after her senior year she loved the coach and wished she could play another 4 years for him. Feelings change and some of these kids are more mature now and may realize this. I support all the coaches and teams at Whitley and take pride in it and wished that the kids who have the talent to play any sport for our school would also take some pride of the name on that uniform and play. Another thing is we have to keep the talent at the school, the best player on the team up the road was once a county boy. Happened when I was in school there also, had kids transfer to other schools. Agree 100% with you about numbers, very important in all sports and hopefully the boys team will have more players next year. I know the 7-8 graders coming up have some talent and can't wait to watch them play for the next 4-5 years. I want all of our teams to compete year in and year out for titles and as big as our school is we should. From your post you are just as big of a supporter as I am and want the best for our school. One thing I wish you would stop doing is hammering our coach and a certain player. Watched that kid play since grade school and played every game until his last with heart and pride. Going to go down as one of the greatest to ever wear the Whitley uniform and future hall of fame member. Coach Overbey did the best he could with what he had and I enjoyed watching this team play this year, every game they tried and competed until they ran out of fuel. Can not figure for the life of me why you are so jealous of this kid and coach.If a change happens it happens but regardless of who the coach is of any sport at Whitley I will continue to support them and hope the kids that can play and help in any sport will do so. Be apart of the solution as far as getting the numbers up, if you see or talk to a kid you know that can help encourage them to play, High school is a short 4 years tell them that and tell them Colonel Nation needs them. Colonel for life, love this school. Colonel Nation coming to the Arena Tuesday night, be ready!

I agree with 90% of this post and support it. This is my objection with it, Not jealous, fell Coach is a part of the problem we have. Nothing against the kid he has been one of the best. Coach discourages kids from playing other sports and is responsible for his own low numbers. Simple change is a solution to the problem.
TheColonel Wrote:I agree with 90% of this post and support it. This is my objection with it, Not jealous, fell Coach is a part of the problem we have. Nothing against the kid he has been one of the best. Coach discourages kids from playing other sports and is responsible for his own low numbers. Simple change is a solution to the problem.

I hope they don't downgrade by hiring somebody from a nearby elementary school.