Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region tournament
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Last I heard, if both South and Corbin win their remaining district games, there will be a coin toss to determine #1 seed in district.

Will be a coin toss to determine #3 and #4 too. So who flips first? Lol.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Will be a coin toss to determine #3 and #4 too. So who flips first? Lol.

Good point lol

Do you have dates for the District tournament and for the 13th region tourney?
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Good point lol

Do you have dates for the District tournament and for the 13th region tourney?
region starts march 3rd I believe
TheRock Wrote:Does it really matter.....Williamsburg or Whitley is the outcome.

Probably not to Corbin but bet South wants no part of Whitley.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Probably not to Corbin but bet South wants no part of Whitley.

Whitley Co. is a dangerous team and could upset either Corbin or South Laurel if they have a hot hand from the outside.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Probably not to Corbin but bet South wants no part of Whitley.

In a meaningful game, Corbin or South beats Whitley easily.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:In a meaningful game, Corbin or South beats Whitley easily.

For this season, I totally agree. Feel like the best chance for an upset in any of the districts is Barbourville over Lynn Camp, would only be a mild one, but even still don't think it will happen. Clay-Jackson this year is a straight 50/50 game, so no upset whoever wins that one. Does Bell play Harlan or Middlesboro in their district opener? Would have thought they were safe, then they lose at home to Harlan Ind. this week.
Van Hagar Wrote:For this season, I totally agree. Feel like the best chance for an upset in any of the districts is Barbourville over Lynn Camp, would only be a mild one, but even still don't think it will happen. Clay-Jackson this year is a straight 50/50 game, so no upset whoever wins that one. Does Bell play Harlan or Middlesboro in their district opener? Would have thought they were safe, then they lose at home to Harlan Ind. this week.

Bell plays Harlan in the first round. Harlan lost by four at home and won by seven at Bell. Bell played Harlan County very close in both games though. Middlesboro gave Harlan County a battle at Middlesboro a few weeks ago and split with Harlan. The district is more balanced than last year.
Who's hosting that district this year HCS?
Patriot train Wrote:Knox has already showed they can drill anyone that comes out of the 14th. Knox will give Scott Co a good game, hope they can knock them off!

Knox has to play hard. They barely beat Lynn Camp the other night.
50th district coin flips are Monday, could be an interesting first game if it goes one way and not so interesting games if it goes another.
Rainingthrees Wrote:50th district coin flips are Monday, could be an interesting first game if it goes one way and not so interesting games if it goes another.

Unless Corbin and South can meet in the first round, neither outcome will be interesting.
It’s a 4 team race to me. I am Corbin fan and some may not agree with me.
Corbin has to get back to playing ball and end this individual crap
North is steady and dangerous
South is to me the team that isn’t getting a lot of credit and may be the best team. They for sure have one of the top three players in the region.
Knox has to just play ball and stop with distractions, and antics. Adams is the heart and sole of that team and there success is on him. He must take charge and regain focus
That said I will go with Corbin and south as my favorites.