Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 2018
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Why do you think Texas, Georgia and Florida use multipliers on privates? To balance competition! Dominating privates are the definition of Elitism today. How does it even being to teach kids that hard work and effort is rewarded? Its not high school sports, its not American. Let Trinity and Cov. Catholic play Bishop Gorman, IMG & other College Preparatory academies. Get them out of HS sports because they don't belong there. Its really ruining it for everyone.
Thats a good question since none of the 3 states you mention use a multiplier. 2 of the states have separate public and private divisions in the smallest class and one has separate divisions all the way up.
CarzyRock Wrote:This is correct.

However, having an advantage does not make them unbeatable. Both Male and Bowling Green have beaten Trinity/St. X several times over the past few years despite having around half their enrollment.

Honestly, I think Trinity's biggest advantage is Coach Beatty. Aside from an impressive run under Coach Lampley, Trinity did not dominate in the past like they do today. Beatty is not just a good coach; he helped to make Trinity a destination school for those wanting to excel at football.

Iam4thecats Wrote:Coach Wolfe is the one public school coach in 6a who hasn't made excuses and his team feeds off that.
Scott County doesn't make excuses either just the facts- Its hard beating STX or Trinity no matter how good your public school is- Teams with good coaching on a BUNCH of athlete's(Male,BG, etc) have a chance, but still tough to do
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Scott County doesn't make excuses either just the facts- Its hard beating STX or Trinity no matter how good your public school is- Teams with good coaching on a BUNCH of athlete's(Male,BG, etc) have a chance, but still tough to do

OK so that's the truth and here is the problem. That's what it SHOULD take to win a 6a championship. Too many people want to have access to a championship without having to put a great product on the field. That's what a championship is folks!
Iam4thecats Wrote:OK so that's the truth and here is the problem. That's what it SHOULD take to win a 6a championship. Too many people want to have access to a championship without having to put a great product on the field. That's what a championship is folks!
With that in mind only 2 schools have a chance against them in the state and that is Male, because they attract so many athletes and maybe BG on a given year- Besides that its a rap- Scott County just doesn't have the athletes to beat them-
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:With that in mind only 2 schools have a chance against them in the state and that is Male, because they attract so many athletes and maybe BG on a given year- Besides that its a rap- Scott County just doesn't have the athletes to beat them-

I disagree with the Scott county part because obviously they DID it in 2013. Other people if they decided to put their program together the was Scott county has could do it too. BG has beaten X 3 out of the last 5 but they are in 5a. But a school with 5a enrollment is beating X half the time they play so it can be done by 6a schools if they structure their programs in a championship manner. I'm looking at you Lexington!
Iam4thecats Wrote:I disagree with the Scott county part because obviously they DID it in 2013. Other people if they decided to put their program together the was Scott county has could do it too. BG has beaten X 3 out of the last 5 but they are in 5a. But a school with 5a enrollment is beating X half the time they play so it can be done by 6a schools if they structure their programs in a championship manner. I'm looking at you Lexington!

Do not want to get to far off topic since this is about Trinity 2018- 100% disagree with this- Scott Co did beat Male in '13 after Male knocked off T and STX and SC beat there JV team pretty bad last year buts Its a totally different ballgame against those 2- BG and Male also has some built in advantages that I do not want to get into- They are the ONLY 2 teams in the state that can beat them and maybe SC on a given year- that is it- Structure there programs in a Championship manner? That is laughable IMO- Beatty or Nick Saban couldn't go to any other school in Kentucky and beat Trinity or St X on a regular. Nick Saban couldn't come to UK and beat Alabama brother, to many advantages point blank- Trinity was winning before Beatty got there and they will be winning win he leaves- just the facts- Try to go to Lou. Seneca, Jtown, Lex Henry Clay, Tates Creek- etc- with a winning structure and see what that will get you- Still not beating those green teams- Not mad at them, if I lived in Louisville or any of the surrounding counties or Southern Indiana I would send my son there also
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Do not want to get to far off topic since this is about Trinity 2018- 100% disagree with this- Scott Co did beat Male in '13 after Male knocked off T and STX and SC beat there JV team pretty bad last year buts Its a totally different ballgame against those 2- BG and Male also has some built in advantages that I do not want to get into- They are the ONLY 2 teams in the state that can beat them and maybe SC on a given year- that is it- Structure there programs in a Championship manner? That is laughable IMO- Beatty or Nick Saban couldn't go to any other school in Kentucky and beat Trinity or St X on a regular. Nick Saban couldn't come to UK and beat Alabama brother, to many advantages point blank- Trinity was winning before Beatty got there and they will be winning win he leaves- just the facts- Try to go to Lou. Seneca, Jtown, Lex Henry Clay, Tates Creek- etc- with a winning structure and see what that will get you- Still not beating those green teams- Not mad at them, if I lived in Louisville or any of the surrounding counties or Southern Indiana I would send my son there also
Its not simply the HC that wins championships. They just drive the car. Missing my point about structure it in a championship manner. Seneca, Jtown, Henry Clay and Tates Creek DON'T structure the system in championship manner. The HC is one piece. Admin structuring facilities, staff, feeders, enrollment, and budget in the same manner as Scott is possible but for whatever reason they don't. Scott didn't have those when Jim got there but now they do. It took years, and sweat, and money. The HC can ask for those things. He can't force them into being.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Its not simply the HC that wins championships. They just drive the car. Missing my point about structure it in a championship manner. Seneca, Jtown, Henry Clay and Tates Creek DON'T structure the system in championship manner. The HC is one piece. Admin structuring facilities, staff, feeders, enrollment, and budget in the same manner as Scott is possible but for whatever reason they don't. Scott didn't have those when Jim got there but now they do. It took years, and sweat, and money. The HC can ask for those things. He can't force them into being.

I understand your point brother- but you can put a million dollars in those programs, facilities, staff etc and still not come close to beating Trinity or StX whole different ball game and too many kids to chose from without any boundaries- I do agree with the enrollment part- football is about numbers that gives you a 10% chance. But again unless its Male, and every know and then Manuel you aren't beating them- I do not think BG can anymore either, because some of those kids they used to get go to South Warren know
Trinity 18 will be down a little athletically and the front half of the schedule is brutal. They will continue to be coached like a college team and confront whatever weakness they have methodically. In the 2nd half of the season they will be able to take a breath and iron out who they are going to be in the playoffs and be right there in the end vs whomever decides to not be beat mentally before the game starts. Scott, Male, X, maybe Ballard
Iam4thecats Wrote:I disagree with the Scott county part because obviously they DID it in 2013. Other people if they decided to put their program together the was Scott county has could do it too. BG has beaten X 3 out of the last 5 but they are in 5a. But a school with 5a enrollment is beating X half the time they play so it can be done by 6a schools if they structure their programs in a championship manner. I'm looking at you Lexington!

Sort of a random question, and probably needs to have its own thread, but people are always down on Lexington Football- Match up 6 public schools from Lexington with 6 public schools from Louisville I think Lexington would win out- Louisville private schools are so good people like to lump them in with Public schools which is not fair to Lexington- Another question that I really do not know, aren't Male and Manuel sort of private where they can bring in kids from all over Louisville?
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Sort of a random question, and probably needs to have its own thread, but people are always down on Lexington Football- Match up 6 public schools from Lexington with 6 public schools from Louisville I think Lexington would win out- Louisville private schools are so good people like to lump them in with Public schools which is not fair to Lexington- Another question that I really do not know, aren't Male and Manuel sort of private where they can bring in kids from all over Louisville?

There is open enrollment all over Louisville. Every 8th grader basically is a free agent if their parents choose. The "resides" area for each school is just for where the district will provide transportation. If your parents don't care about the school bus you can go almost anywhere you want. (there are a couple of hoops but can be beaten by knowledge of how to play the game).
Iam4thecats Wrote:There is open enrollment all over Louisville. Every 8th grader basically is a free agent if their parents choose. The "resides" area for each school is just for where the district will provide transportation. If your parents don't care about the school bus you can go almost anywhere you want. (there are a couple of hoops but can be beaten by knowledge of how to play the game).

Wow, I didn't know that thanks- You can't do that in Lexington- well at least you are not supposed to
It is still a battle for starting QB. The staff solidifies the program. Former head coaches blend in with enthusiastic and knowledgeable assistants. I enjoyed witnessing several spring practices. Trinity linemen are big on both sides of the ball. Two SR running backs with great experience will be an advantage. The defense will be very, very good. Educating young men is Trinity's purpose for existence. The Archbishop of Louisville founded this school in 1953. It was never meant to be available only for Catholics. The success on the gridiron is "icing on the cake".
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Sort of a random question, and probably needs to have its own thread, but people are always down on Lexington Football- Match up 6 public schools from Lexington with 6 public schools from Louisville I think Lexington would win out

Well, if we use Calpreps as a neutral measure they would rank the Louisville and Lexington public as follows in 2017:
4. (6A rank) Male -Lou
5. Butler - Lou
8. PRP - Lou
9. Frederick Douglas - Lex
10. Tates Creek - Lex
12. Henry Clay - Lex
15. Dupont Manual - Lou
16. Ballard - Lou
17. Eastern - Lou
19. Lafayette - Lex
25. GRC - Lex
27. Bryan Station - Lex
30. Jeffersontown - Lou
31. Dunbar - Lex
33. Seneca - Lou

While paper matches aren't perfect, Louisville would appear to win the majority of match ups between the top six teams in either city. Even if Scott County (ranked 3rd) was added, Louisville would still likely have a majority.
CarzyRock Wrote:Well, if we use Calpreps as a neutral measure they would rank the Louisville and Lexington public as follows in 2017:
4. (6A rank) Male -Lou
5. Butler - Lou
8. PRP - Lou
9. Frederick Douglas - Lex
10. Tates Creek - Lex
12. Henry Clay - Lex
15. Dupont Manual - Lou
16. Ballard - Lou
17. Eastern - Lou
19. Lafayette - Lex
25. GRC - Lex
27. Bryan Station - Lex
30. Jeffersontown - Lou
31. Dunbar - Lex
33. Seneca - Lou

While paper matches aren't perfect, Louisville would appear to win the majority of match ups between the top six teams in either city. Even if Scott County (ranked 3rd) was added, Louisville would still likely have a majority.

Good info-
ESPN is considering televising the Trinity at Moeller contest on August 31. The kickoff would be moved up to 6PM. I not aware of which venue Moeller would use for this home game. I know games have been televised from Lockland Stadium in the recent past.
thsrocks Wrote:ESPN is considering televising the Trinity at Moeller contest on August 31. The kickoff would be moved up to 6PM. I not aware of which venue Moeller would use for this home game. I know games have been televised from Lockland Stadium in the recent past.

Lockland stadium would be a nice place for it. That's where the two teams played in 2014 and it has excellent atmosphere.
CarzyRock Wrote:Lockland stadium would be a nice place for it. That's where the two teams played in 2014 and it has excellent atmosphere.
Reminds me of Manual Stadium. I like it.
Trinity's game hosting Warren Central (IN) on 8/24 is scheduled to kickoff at 6PM. The game is on ESPNU.
I re-watched the scrimmage that Ryle and Trinity had last year. You are going to really have to have a great Qb to replace the kid that graduated. He was slick in the pocket and got out of trouble to extend plays while keeping the composure to always be able to make the throw downfield. It was incredible to watch . He was really the catalyst for that offense, at least that day. He found space in the pocket by sliding, spinning, and gave his reciever time to run the scramble drill to get open. A lot of big plays came by his ability to stay in the moment and be patient and not tuck and run under pressure. I was really impressed. Not every kid has that ability and composure. He was COOL HAND LUKE.
Fear the Nation Wrote:I re-watched the scrimmage that Ryle and Trinity had last year. You are going to really have to have a great Qb to replace the kid that graduated. He was slick in the pocket and got out of trouble to extend plays while keeping the composure to always be able to make the throw downfield. It was incredible to watch . He was really the catalyst for that offense, at least that day. He found space in the pocket by sliding, spinning, and gave his reciever time to run the scramble drill to get open. A lot of big plays came by his ability to stay in the moment and be patient and not tuck and run under pressure. I was really impressed. Not every kid has that ability and composure. He was COOL HAND LUKE.

Yeah, Nick Bohn was a heck of a QB. Iirc he set the record for completion percentage. Having a solid corp of receiver's helped, but he still put up some impressive numbers.

I haven't heard much buzz about who will replace him this year, and honestly that's making me a bit nervous.
CarzyRock Wrote:Yeah, Nick Bohn was a heck of a QB. Iirc he set the record for completion percentage. Having a solid corp of receiver's helped, but he still put up some impressive numbers.

I haven't heard much buzz about who will replace him this year, and honestly that's making me a bit nervous.

It's not going to be easy replacing him for sure. That type of talent doesn't come around often. I'm sure that their is a kid on the roster who is up to the task.. I'm glad we are scrimmaging again this year. It really gives our team a good test and we can see which positions may need a shoring up. Hopefully we don't let the game get away this year.
8/3 Green-White scrimmage at Marshall Stadium with 7PM start time. 8/10 Scrimmage at Marshall Stadium vs. Ryle under game-like rules (usually three quarters of varsity action) also at 7PM. Green-White Scrimmage is free. Ryle scrimmage will have an admission charge.
Starting QB is Junior Seth Jutz. He has a nice corps of receivers, tight ends, and running backs surrounding him. The O-Line is large and athletic. Same for the D-LIne. LBs and DBs should make this another outstanding team. 93 on roster including 20 SR, 30 JR and 43 SO. 64 Freshmen are referenced on the school website.
thsrocks Wrote:So now you are saying Trinity High School's football success is UNAMERICAN! ARE YOU SERIOUS????:please:

Hey, about no titles in baseball, one title in basketball? Wrestling? Is anyone crying on the golf threads, the swimming threads, or soccer threads? Ask the new assistant coaches who joined the staff before this past season what they think and feel about the program. Many of the staffers are public school alumni and/or many have worked in various public systems. You really do not want to hear their takes on why Trinity is successful, especially in football. I enjoy listening to their ideas.

Only two years ago, Male was the top dog in football. Scott County got one two years before that. Winning programs tend to attract like minded student-athletes!:1:

Not hatin' at all but come on, an 1800 ALL boy school should be able to field an ultra competitive team. Most other large schools are 700- 800 boys and the rest are girls. Since girls don't play football it is a decisive advantage. Doubling the numbers matters, just by chance you get 20-30 more athletes above the average player with those numbers. I'm glad to see the success and character that Trinity builds in these young men. I don't care about the no school boundaries or the private stuff. It's the numbers that for me seem to make the difference. You have to admit having double the guys to choose from doesn't hurt the cause any.
Fear the Nation Wrote:Not hatin' at all but come on, an 1800 ALL boy school should be able to field an ultra competitive team. Most other large schools are 700- 800 boys and the rest are girls. Since girls don't play football it is a decisive advantage. Doubling the numbers matters, just by chance you get 20-30 more athletes above the average player with those numbers. I'm glad to see the success and character that Trinity builds in these young men. I don't care about the no school boundaries or the private stuff. It's the numbers that for me seem to make the difference. You have to admit having double the guys to choose from doesn't hurt the cause any.

Where are you getting the 1800 number from?

The four year average male enrollment at Trinity from 2015-2018 is 1294.8 according the KHSAA. https://khsaa.org/football/realignment/2...tClass.pdf

That makes them the second largest male enrollment in the state, but by comparison Scott County is 1217.3, Henry Clay 1150.3, and Eastern 1119. Even the smallest school naturally in the class (not counting those who requested to play up) had more than half Trinity's enrollment, Boone County 726.3.

Numbers are definitely an advantage, no argument there, but Trinity isn't wildly out of range of the other 6A schools. And Male, despite having a fairly low male enrollment for the class (785.8) still manages to give Trinity plenty of trouble because a great coach and well-run program.
CarzyRock Wrote:Where are you getting the 1800 number from?

The four year average male enrollment at Trinity from 2015-2018 is 1294.8 according the KHSAA. https://khsaa.org/football/realignment/2...tClass.pdf

That makes them the second largest male enrollment in the state, but by comparison Scott County is 1217.3, Henry Clay 1150.3, and Eastern 1119. Even the smallest school naturally in the class (not counting those who requested to play up) had more than half Trinity's enrollment, Boone County 726.3.

Numbers are definitely an advantage, no argument there, but Trinity isn't wildly out of range of the other 6A schools. And Male, despite having a fairly low male enrollment for the class (785.8) still manages to give Trinity plenty of trouble because a great coach and well-run program.

Thought I seen somewhere is was 1800. I should have checked before putting that number or there. I stand corrected.
Trinity is selling Carmel, IN game tickets for $6.00 at the athletic department 8-4 this week. The Greyhounds are the #3 team in Indiana's top division behind Warren Central and Ben Davis.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Wow, I didn't know that thanks- You can't do that in Lexington- well at least you are not supposed to
Students can and some do from surrounding counties pay small tuition amounts to attend Jefferson County Public Schools. As long as there is "room" at the school, they are welcome to attend. Many school systems in Kentucky offer the same deal,
some do not.