Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex Cath 2018
FoSho Wrote:The person I mentioned did get an interview but was not chosen.

What do LexCath fans think about their new coach? I'm skeptical. Handing the keys to a Cadillac to an unproven HC is a HUGE risk.
Bill Letton wasn't really a proven HC but he was handed the keys to the Cadillac and doing well in Georgia. Former asst coach/ OC Mike Engler wasn't a proven HC, but doing real well with the Ryle program. And I know before you give me knowledge of football 101, Yes I know Bill Letton was a coach for Prestonburg way back when. Coach Smith will not be handling DC. He will hire someone else for that, as well an a new OC.
FBfan4life Wrote:Bill Letton wasn't really a proven HC but he was handed the keys to the Cadillac and doing well in Georgia. Former asst coach/ OC Mike Engler wasn't a proven HC, but doing real well with the Ryle program. And I know before you give me knowledge of football 101, Yes I know Bill Letton was a coach for Prestonburg way back when. Coach Smith will not be handling DC. He will hire someone else for that, as well an a new OC.

I think it's a great hire. 😊
FoSho Wrote:I think it's a great hire. 😊
Sarcastic answer? Sure good hire but not great. Great because he has been in the retirement system for years as a teacher with the private system. Great NOT, just because now he needs to hire an OC and a DC and that is going to cost more pennies.
FBfan4life Wrote:Sarcastic answer? Sure good hire but not great. Great because he has been in the retirement system for years as a teacher with the private system. Great NOT, just because now he needs to hire an OC and a DC and that is going to cost more pennies.

It was a little sarcastic but I don't wish the guy ill will. I hope he does great, just not vs the Rebels! 😬

I was just pulling your chain some. 😉

The only thing that really matters is if LexCath fans and the team are happy.
FoSho Wrote:HC is a much different animal than just a DC.

????