Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What middle schoolers playing and standing out?
Who's the up and comers. All regions.
Leslie has some 7th graders I hear are extremely good. Three big girls I hear that extremely talented and athletic. Someone said they start freshman, and get a lot of playing time on the JV. I hope to watch them play this year at some point.
In the 14th, the lady Owls have a talented bunch that will add nicely to the young lineup of varsity players as they mature. Some good years, looking ahead.
Estill County has an 8th grader that starts Varsity as the point guard. Then on defense has to battle the bigs down low because she's the tallest on the team. Has been leading scorer several times and has had 3 double/doubles so far.
Jakayla Thompson is a 7th grader who plays jv/varsity for Fern Creek has put up big numbers 20, 17, 16 points early in her career. She’s currently playing middle school ball on the best middle school team in Louisville Ramsey. They beat Meyzeek middle by 20 points who finished 3rd/4th in the 8th grade state tournament and beat Johnson by 15 who finished 3rd/4th in the 7th grade state tournament.

Triniti Ralston also a 7th grader who plays for J-Town high and just put up 20 points early in her high school career. She also currently plays for Ramsey middle school and is arguably the best 2023 pg in the state.

Both are top 5 7th graders in the state from what I’ve seen.
Cassidy Rowe... 8th grade at Shelby Valley, ranked as the 21st player in the nation for the class of 2022... see for yourself...

http://www.nyaabasketball.org/page/show/...ss-of-2022
bball_fan Wrote:Cassidy Rowe... 8th grade at Shelby Valley, ranked as the 21st player in the nation for the class of 2022... see for yourself...

http://www.nyaabasketball.org/page/show/...ss-of-2022

I'm sure she is a great player but rankings for the class of 2022 are horribly inaccurate. No way you can actually put stock in a ranking that far out.
Loren Boggs, 8th grader at Letcher Co Central is 6th man for them, putting up double digits in 5-6 games this year. putting 15+ in most JV games.
CatsFan1971 Wrote:I'm sure she is a great player but rankings for the class of 2022 are horribly inaccurate. No way you can actually put stock in a ranking that far out.

She is a 8th grader with D1 offers already. You are not well versed on national recruiting by your comments.
KingCommodore Wrote:She is a 8th grader with D1 offers already. You are not well versed on national recruiting by your comments.
I'm not saying that she doesn't have talent or isn't D1.. what i'm saying is that no child by their 8th grade year is the player they will be when they graduate. That entire list could have 50 different names on it in 3-4 years when everyone finishes growing/developing into the player they will be.
In most cases most schools would not really want to be in a position to play middle school players. Sometimes a player comes along that needs to play but generally speaking there is a reason most schools don't use a lot of 8th graders. At some point especially in larger schools a commitment has to be made to develop players so you don't have to use 8th graders, and when you do choose to play younger player, you may miss out on developing a good high school player.
Right now on Estill varsity Mia Hale and 8th grader starts point guard...Emma Winkle and Mariah Riddle both 8th graders get significant playing time..Estill has two girls not playing because of ACL injuries both hopefully back next year. Without all the injuries I believe Estill would be right at the top in the District and Region play...They played a good Leslie team to a 2 point defeat, has already beat Owsley and Powell was double OT, so even with injuries they are hanging in there.