Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes 72 CovCath 60 in OT in 9th Region Final
Just came from the 9th region final where a very talented but much maligned Holmes Bulldog Team was finally able to beat the CovCath Colonels in this there 4th matchup of the year. The Bulldogs are by far the most talented team in the 9th and have been for the past 3 years but they have also been their own worse enemy as well. Since the return of UK football signee Duran Jefferson to run the point the Dogs have been able to salvage what was starting to appear to be a lot of wasted talent. The Dogs seem to be playing tough defense and are hitting the boards extremely hard to go along with several offensive threats. Rice, Hill and Henderson are all capable of scoring in the 20s and tonight both Rice (24) and Henderson (27) did just that with Hill right behind them tonight.
The Bulldogs will play the winner of the 1st region final (Marshall Cty or Paducah Tilghman) and if they play the type of team basketball that I saw tonight the Bulldogs could cause some problems for their opponents at Rupp. Great game played by both teams..Good luck Bulldogs in Lexington.
Jacobs fouling out in the fourth put the nail in the coffin........ they had the lead til then and were running on all cylenders
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Jacobs fouling out in the fourth put the nail in the coffin........ they had the lead til then and were running on all cylenders

Obviously Jacobs fouling out in the 4th qtr hurt the Colonels but Holmes did hold the lead afterthe 1st Qtr, at the half and after the 3rd qtr. The Colonels did take the lead a couple of different times in the 4th but to Holmes credit they dd not panic and fought back. In the OT it was all Holmes. CCH had no answer fo Holmes' inside game. Clearly the better team on this night won the game..
As a side note the younger Listermans behavior early in the 3rd qtr after a no call should have gotten him A technical. He seems to think he is still a head coach and can badger the officials and from the looks of things the officials didn't have the guts to T him up. In th9th region the officials are very inconsistent to say the least.
Finally SOMEONE to post from that area. I was wanting to see the Cov. Cath get in, but we dont always get what we want. lol

Nice write up bigzg!!! Keep them coming.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Finally SOMEONE to post from that area. I was wanting to see the Cov. Cath get in, but we dont always get what we want. lol

Nice write up bigzg!!! Keep them coming.

Thanks..I will do my best...I will miss seeing the CCH Student Body at Rupp because they are without doubt the best in the state but I'm happy for Coach Henley and his team. They have overcome some difficult times. Certainly not an easy place to coach.
Sounds like a great game, congrats Holmes.
Congrats to Holmes