6 pm- Fleming County vs Nicholas County
8 pm - Raceland vs Bath County

Friday, 8/10 @ East Carter
6 pm- West Carter vs Greenup County
8 pm - Fairview vs East Carter

Saturday, 8/11 @ Russell
6 pm - Boyd County vs Lewis County
8 pm - Rowan County vs Russell

Going to be great weekend of football. Matchups look good to see who has what in the early season.
Does anyone know why they're not playing on Thursday 8/9 and instead are playing 4 games on Friday 8/10?
Wonder why Bracken County is out again? Played last year and now they’re not in?
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Wonder why Bracken County is out again? Played last year and now they’re not in?

Not sure, but I would guess it was their coaches choice. They are not in the EKC, just filling in due to an odd number of teams.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Does anyone know why they're not playing on Thursday 8/9 and instead are playing 4 games on Friday 8/10?

I was surprised as well but I am sure there is reasoning behind it.
thecoacher Wrote:Not sure, but I would guess it was their coaches choice. They are not in the EKC, just filling in due to an odd number of teams.

I never have figured out why Morgan Co isn’t in but Nicholas Co.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I never have figured out why Morgan Co isn’t in but Nicholas Co.

Morgan dropped out a few years back. I think it had to do with scheduling.
thecoacher Wrote:Morgan dropped out a few years back. I think it had to do with scheduling.

They were an EKC football member for a very long time and still are in basketball. Morgan Co and Ashland are the only 2 16th region football schools that are playing in the grid.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:They were an EKC football member for a very long time and still are in basketball. Morgan Co and Ashland are the only 2 16th region football schools that are playing in the grid.

In looking at last year's schedule, Morgan only played 1 EKC Team (Rowan County). I believe that to be a member, you have to play a certain amount of EKC teams.
thecoacher Wrote:In looking at last year's schedule, Morgan only played 1 EKC Team (Rowan County). I believe that to be a member, you have to play a certain amount of EKC teams.

You are right on both accounts. Still can't figure why they don't play Bath Co, West Carter, East Carter, etc but instead play Jenkins, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, etc. Seems the EKC opponents would offer both better gate and competition.
Russell needs to schedule stronger scrimmages against better teams. This grid game is a waste of time. I mean how are you really going to know what you have by beating up on an inferior opponent every year? Go play a Portsmouth West, Spring Valley, Wayne, or even Coal Grove would be better than Rowan.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Russell needs to schedule stronger scrimmages against better teams. This grid game is a waste of time. I mean how are you really going to know what you have by beating up on an inferior opponent every year? Go play a Portsmouth West, Spring Valley, Wayne, or even Coal Grove would be better than Rowan.

Russell didn't even beat up on East Carter last year in the grid.
KYHSFB Wrote:Russell didn't even beat up on East Carter last year in the grid.

I came away more impressed with what East Carter did than Russell.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Russell needs to schedule stronger scrimmages against better teams. This grid game is a waste of time. I mean how are you really going to know what you have by beating up on an inferior opponent every year? Go play a Portsmouth West, Spring Valley, Wayne, or even Coal Grove would be better than Rowan.

Yeah good call like wheelersburg isn’t a good enough scrimmage only Ohio state champs maybe they could see if Scott co or Trinity has an open date for a scrimmage....
The Grid is just a glorified scrimmage anyway. All it really does is let you see your team against someone else for the first time.