Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will the Lady Hawks perform in Bowling Green?
How do you think the girls will do in the tourney? I believe they have a legitimate shot of playing on Saturday. The coach should study his game film from tonight very carefully because this was a game of runs. Belfry jumped out early and the quarter was half over before pc scored. After he subbed to a quick line-up pc went on a 16 to 3 run to end the quarter. He went back to the original line-up in the second and Belfry went on another run only this time he didn't react and Belfry took the lead. In effect it was like we stopped our own run instead of trying to put the game away early. He stayed with same lineup almost all the way through the third while it was nip and tuck and it stayed that way through most of the fourth. Belfry's turnovers picked up again late in the fourth when he went small for defense only. Perhaps he should have more faith in his small hustlers and their ability to frustrate offenses. I believe they would help more offensively if allowed to get into the flow of the game a little more as well. I am not sure what Rose Hill's team is like, but pc has different combinations that can be used quite effectively. The key is finding what works best in each game recognizing there are certain constants like Haley and Kayla Lowe. Tonight I really believe the margin of victory could have had a little more cushion but maybe I'm just a nervous fan who knows the longer we play the tougher the competition will be.
Pike Central has a great chance on playing on Saturday if they play the way their capable. Coach Butcher almost got them beat tonight though by pressing the whole game. Allowing Belfry to run up and down the court almost ended the Lady Hawks season.
If the Hawks stay half court man to man the whole game and play offense the way they can, they can definately play on Saturday.
Gettin past the first round is gonna be tough enough. Rose Hill is finally healthy and playing their best ball all season. Take it one game at a time and hope you catch a few breaks hear and their then maybe you will get to play on Sat. I just don't see it happening though.
eaglehoops Wrote:Gettin past the first round is gonna be tough enough. Rose Hill is finally healthy and playing their best ball all season. Take it one game at a time and hope you catch a few breaks hear and their then maybe you will get to play on Sat. I just don't see it happening though.

Well im glad ur so positiveRolleyes
YEA Very possitive. Lady Hawks WILL DO AWESOME
With their record it seems as though PCC does not play very consistent. If they play up to their ability they could win some games. But they better come ready to play.
I think the Rose Hill is too quick for PCC and won't be able to keep up but I hape im wrong!!!
The Lady Hawks aint got anyone that can gaurd Emily Queen.
Redneck Wrote:The Lady Hawks aint got anyone that can gaurd Emily Queen.

They obviously have better capabilites to guard her than any other 15th Region girls team, so im sure theyll do their best. Thanks for your support. :rockon:
Central05 Wrote:They obviously have better capabilites to guard her than any other 15th Region girls team, so im sure theyll do their best. Thanks for your support. :rockon:

Well what do you want us to do "lie" if this is what you want to hear then hear it is...
I think PCC will absolutley dominate at diddle arena they should shoot the lights out aganist rose hill and move on to the elite 8 there they will take on anyone in there way and move on to the final four after they win that they will have the Championship game under control with Hayley Ratliff and A.D. Slone leading the way...if thats what you want to hear there you go but I for one am happy that PCC is representing us at state I wouldnt want no one else other to, except for MC but if you want my opinion onwhat I think will happen its posted a few threads up and I really hope they prove me wrong
Central05 Wrote:Pike Central has a great chance on playing on Saturday if they play the way their capable. Coach Butcher almost got them beat tonight though by pressing the whole game. Allowing Belfry to run up and down the court almost ended the Lady Hawks season.
If the Hawks stay half court man to man the whole game and play offense the way they can, they can definately play on Saturday.
was you even there there pressure defense is what won them the game
Crawdad,

You sound like a parent.
Rose Hill has no one that can handle the ball if PC puts pressure out on the ball, they will win, If I were Butcher I would press.
people other than parents can believe these girls can win. maybe I am maybe I'm not. From what I remember about Rose Hill is they lost their great guard from last year which should leave their ball handling as their weakness. pc can capitalize on this.
The Fan Wrote:was you even there there pressure defense is what won them the game
I agree, PC pressed during their largest run of the game. Good defense in half court as well as belfry was held to under fifty.
If PC doesn't get the "big head" I think they'll have a chance.