Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 61 Belfry 48 15th Region Finals
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:i have been to everyone except, Dupont Manual,and the Tournaments!

well considering
Hayley only played 11 games I went to probably 1/2 of them and she came out hurt every time even on the tourney game aganist Valley im not puttin her down or talking about her I know she has a hard time with her ankles and all your trying to do is trying to find something to argue about.
YAY LADY HAWKS!!!!! Congrats on the big Regional Championship!! As for Belfry, keep your heads up. You had one hell of a season and you made Belfry proud! Both teams played their hearts out and I would like to thank them for that because it made for a
GREAT Region Final game to watch. GOOD LUCK to PC at State, and GOOD LUCK to both teams in the future!!
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Well I just asked I mean I know she has really bad ankles and I was just wondering if she got hurt...and I figured the opposing team would try everything to take her out and thats the only way I could figure out how to word it.
Well I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the Belfry family by saying thats CRAP! I can guarantee none of our girls would ever stoop to those levels to win a game.All the girls on the Belfry squad are fine kids who play with alot of heart and integrity.So if you please,don't make such stupid accusations.Seems like we are one of the few schools around here to show enough genuine class to stay out of such junk as this on here.We all make a concerted effort to show respect to all our competitors and ask the same courtesy be extended to our teams.Aside from the goofy remarks I will still root for PC to win it all as I know some of the Lady Hawks and have watched them grow up.But thats for the girls on the team and other than that I could care less!!!
cobra67 Wrote:Well I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the Belfry family by saying thats CRAP! I can guarantee none of our girls would ever stoop to those levels to win a game.All the girls on the Belfry squad are fine kids who play with alot of heart and integrity.So if you please,don't make such stupid accusations.Seems like we are one of the few schools around here to show enough genuine class to stay out of such junk as this on here.We all make a concerted effort to show respect to all our competitors and ask the same courtesy be extended to our teams.Aside from the goofy remarks I will still root for PC to win it all as I know some of the Lady Hawks and have watched them grow up.But thats for the girls on the team and other than that I could care less!!!
That's it--I've been quiet long enough. As sad as it is to say, yes cobra67, some of your girls would stoop to that level. With my own eyes as I sat behind the scorer's table, a certain Lady Pirate tried to trip Kayla Lowe as both teams were walking to their benches in the 3rd quarter. That same Lady Pirate also did not show any true sportsmanship by not shaking hands with any Lady Hawk after the game. Yet, there were those for PC who went all the way to the end of the bench to shake hands with the Belfry player who got hurt (can't remember her name or number--sorry). So again, I'm sorry but I just call it as I see it.
CONGRATULATIONS PCCHS LADY HAWKS!!! Play your best and represent the 15th well!
Congrats PC.
roundball gal Wrote:Yet, there were those for PC who went all the way to the end of the bench to shake hands with the Belfry player who got hurt (can't remember her name or number--sorry). So again, I'm sorry but I just call it as I see it.

They should have after one of PC's unsportsman like players kicked her in the throat while she was down. I'm sorry if you feel that one of Belfry's players was unsportsman like, but don't call out the whole team for it and I will do the same. There are players that exhibit true sportsmanship on both teams.
Phoenix Wrote:They should have after one of PC's unsportsman like players kicked her in the throat while she was down. I'm sorry if you feel that one of Belfry's players was unsportsman like, but don't call out the whole team for it and I will do the same. There are players that exhibit true sportsmanship on both teams.

Well first of all Belfry as a team was absolutely trying their best to rough Haley Ratliff up, which I can say they were not the only team to do that in this tournament! So to anyone who says that Haley gets hurt every game, just shut up, cause she gets beat up night in and night out on the basketball floor. Most girls wouldn't play as much as she did if they took that kind of beating. Secondly, the girl in question for PC that kicked #23 in the throat(the throat looked awful similar to the chest from where I was sittin' but I will give you that one, so let's just say it was the throat) wasn't really intentional, she was just trying to get up but the Belfry player kept laying on her, holding her down. I am not trying to say anything bad about the Thacker girl from Belfry but she wasn't unconsious so there was no reason she couldn't have rolled over! Now with that said, does anyone know how she is doing? What was wrong with her anyways, did she get the breath knocked out of her or what?
[. Secondly, the girl in question for PC that kicked #23 in the throat(the throat looked awful similar to the chest from where I was sittin' but I will give you that one, so let's just say it was the throat) wasn't really intentional, she was just trying to get up but the Belfry player kept laying on her, holding her down. I am not trying to say anything bad about the Thacker girl from Belfry but she wasn't unconsious so there was no reason she couldn't have rolled over! Now with that said, does anyone know how she is doing? What was wrong with her anyways, did she get the breath knocked out of her or what?[/quote]

Even if the Belfry player was laying on her (which she wasn't) that dosen't give her any reason to kick her in the throat (and it was the throat, I was sitting right there I saw the whole thing) as for her not rolling over, come over here and let me kick you in the throat and see how quick you get up!!!!!
Agreed.

By the way, Haley Ratliff is not the only player who gets beat up on the basketball court. I've seen players play with sprained ankles, pulled muscles, broken fingers, etc. She gets no more beat up than any other player in a high school game.
bigsis22 Wrote:[. Secondly, the girl in question for PC that kicked #23 in the throat(the throat looked awful similar to the chest from where I was sittin' but I will give you that one, so let's just say it was the throat) wasn't really intentional, she was just trying to get up but the Belfry player kept laying on her, holding her down. I am not trying to say anything bad about the Thacker girl from Belfry but she wasn't unconsious so there was no reason she couldn't have rolled over! Now with that said, does anyone know how she is doing? What was wrong with her anyways, did she get the breath knocked out of her or what?

Even if the Belfry player was laying on her (which she wasn't) that dosen't give her any reason to kick her in the throat (and it was the throat, I was sitting right there I saw the whole thing) as for her not rolling over, come over here and let me kick you in the throat and see how quick you get up!!!!![/quote]

I was there and I saw the Belfry girl laying on the leg of the PC girl and the PC girl was trying to get loose. I don't think that she was trying to hold the PC girl down or anything like that, I think that she was just hurt. I don't think that the kick, which I did see, was in any way malicious. I am sorry that she got hurt and I hope that she is okay.
Phoenix Wrote:Agreed.

By the way, Haley Ratliff is not the only player who gets beat up on the basketball court. I've seen players play with sprained ankles, pulled muscles, broken fingers, etc. She gets no more beat up than any other player in a high school game.

Probably because she plays HARDER than most of the girls in this sport.
Evil Twin Wrote:Probably because she plays HARDER than most of the girls in this sport.

Sorry, but in my opinion, that is a bunch of BS. There are a lot of girls in this sport and you are insulting a whole lot of them by saying that they don't play as hard and therefore don't get hurt as bad.
I was there and I saw the Belfry girl laying on the leg of the PC girl and the PC girl was trying to get loose. I don't think that she was trying to hold the PC girl down or anything like that, I think that she was just hurt. I don't think that the kick, which I did see, was in any way malicious. I am sorry that she got hurt and I hope that she is okay.[/quote]

I agree 100%! Nice post, I wish that I would have worded mine more like your's, I in no way, shape or form meant that the Belfry girl was not hurt or meant to stay on top of her. I am also sorry, I trust everyone when they say that she got her in the throat, I was just saying that it looked like the chest from where I was seated! Once again though, what was wrong with her and is she alright?
She's fine.

When she got hit in the chest it knocked he wind out of her an she started to panic.
yeah i do not think the injury to Paige was something that the Lady Hawks (Hannah Thompson) did purpose...Paige feel down on Hannahs BAD leg which was no intentional and Hannah prob just reacted and was trying to get loose...It looked as to me that the injury to Paige happened when she feel b-4 Thompson even tried to get loose...Thompson is a class act so i highly doubt she took a cheap shot...Paige is a scappy player just as Haley is and injuries will still accure...

and for AllSport to say that he/she thought Belfry would attentionaly try to hurt Haley on purpose is ridiculos...IMO if Collins had saw any girl taking a cheap shot she would have been jerked b/c thats not the type of play she would want her players to go for...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah i do not think the injury to Paige was something that the Lady Hawks (Hannah Thompson) did purpose...Paige feel down on Hannahs BAD leg which was no intentional and Hannah prob just reacted and was trying to get loose...It looked as to me that the injury to Paige happened when she feel b-4 Thompson even tried to get loose...Thompson is a class act so i highly doubt she took a cheap shot...Paige is a scappy player just as Haley is and injuries will still accure...

and for AllSport to say that he/she thought Belfry would attentionaly try to hurt Haley on purpose is ridiculos...IMO if Collins had saw any girl taking a cheap shot she would have been jerked b/c thats not the type of play she would want her players to go for...

Actually SlamaBamma it was Abby Coleman, not Hannah Thompson whom Paige Thacker fell on top off.
Hawksfan Wrote:Actually SlamaBamma it was Abby Coleman, not Hannah Thompson whom Paige Thacker fell on top off.

was thompson around there b/c i could have sworn she was im watching the game right now on PRG ill look for it and post what looks like happened Big Grin
it was colmean and her food never touched her throat she was clearly laying plat down and her stomach was on coleman's foot...and coleman just tried to pull it lose to get in on the transition...
cobra67 Wrote:Well I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the Belfry family by saying thats CRAP! I can guarantee none of our girls would ever stoop to those levels to win a game.All the girls on the Belfry squad are fine kids who play with alot of heart and integrity.So if you please,don't make such stupid accusations.Seems like we are one of the few schools around here to show enough genuine class to stay out of such junk as this on here.We all make a concerted effort to show respect to all our competitors and ask the same courtesy be extended to our teams.Aside from the goofy remarks I will still root for PC to win it all as I know some of the Lady Hawks and have watched them grow up.But thats for the girls on the team and other than that I could care less!!!

Well you speak for all of Belfry and Im gonna speak for myself! You and I both know that the opposing team will take out one of the best players and my post was to a PCC person. And I never said I wasnt for them I hope they bring the trophy back to the mountains but stop accussing me of saying stuff I didnt.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:and for AllSport to say that he/she thought Belfry would attentionaly try to hurt Haley on purpose is ridiculos...IMO if Collins had saw any girl taking a cheap shot she would have been jerked b/c thats not the type of play she would want her players to go for...

And as for RSB saying Belfry would never do no harm out on the court...yeah right I guess when MC played over at PCC one of the big girls didnt cheap shot M. Howard right in the leg did they? no because everyones angels from over there.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:And as for RSB saying Belfry would never do no harm out on the court...yeah right I guess when MC played over at PCC one of the big girls didnt cheap shot M. Howard right in the leg did they? no because everyones angels from over there.

well first of all your post is very cliche...i did say Belfry would not harm a PC player attentionaly...i never said PCC did not do anything to M. Howard why the hell did you say that you are just putting words in my mouth...watch who you quote and what you post All_Sport...everyone on this site has gave MC credit and all i have seen you do is try to bring PCC down after they have won the region...
you people all underestimate these girls.... of course we like to think our team is full of angels.. but people, this isn't boys playing.. girls are out for blood.. it's not just one school.. it's all schools in all sports.. there are dirty players.. and everyone is looking for an edge.. we would like to think that the coaches have enough decency to see this and pull a dirty player.. but sometimes it happens and sometimes it don't.. so before we all go placing blame on whoever, let's remember, that these players are all out to win.. and dirty deeds are goin to happen, even if it starts by accident.. one player is goin to get mad and foul a little harder than the last time, and it will escalate until someone either gets hurt or they get benched.. it's been that way forever.. and it will be that way for a long time to come. so there is really no sense arguing about it..

so let's keep this on topic..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well first of all your post is very cliche...i did say Belfry would not harm a PC player attentionaly...i never said PCC did not do anything to M. Howard why the hell did you say that you are just putting words in my mouth...watch who you quote and what you post All_Sport...everyone on this site has gave MC credit and all i have seen you do is try to bring PCC down after they have won the region...

How have I put them down Im pretty sure I said congratulations some where on here to them...and I really hope they do good in state idc if it was LC, AC, David school if they had a girls team I hope they bring it all back to the mountains but in another thread it said who do u think will win PCC and RHC I said RHC because that is MY OPINION and heck they made it to the finals last year but I also said I HOPE PCC PROVES ME WRONG.
Congrats PCC!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]