Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 41 Raceland 0 (1A State Championship)
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, all 4 of the usual contenders will be better next year.

Raceland will build on this success. The classes before them showed what had to be done to achieve their goals, getting to the title this year (even though we got blasted), showed the unser classmen that that hard work pays off, given the opportunity. I expect a better offensive unit next season, with a great group of RBs returning and Gunner Lewis and the athelete in Dalton Adkins those spots are solid as they come. There are several options at QB that imo, will make us mote effecient in the passing game, which will open things up for the stable of RBs. I expect nothing more than another legit shot at the title.

Pikeville-I walked away femrom the region blown away that those kids were dominated by a roster of Sophs and Jrs. They are goina be an issue for anyone next year. Again, a legit shot at playing at Kroger field.

Hazard-DISCLAIMER...in no way is a season ending injury to a senior a positive. BUT, if there is a silver lining, it allowed them to develop some kids for next year. Dixon always has his kids ready and its hard to go into coal country in late november and come out with a W. Lots of size and depth, again, no reasin a logical individual couldnt see them in the title shot.

Paintsville-Always well coached and over the last 3 or 4 yeara have had an incredible run of atheletes. Strength and conditioning are key for some of their young kids. But their QB has a bright fututer once he holsters his pistol every once and awhile and stops slinging. Has a big arm and tremendous upside. They will lose alot, but so will Raceland and Hazard, but they could very well make it to the carpet as well.

Its been another awsome year fellas. Already lookin foward to next year!!

I love the title games as you can see the two deep roster of the teams. I’ve got to look a little better and study some more but Offensively with the subs and lineman coming back Raceland is going to be pretty good.. The defense with its subs next year is the ?. The looks of 4 starters returning with three kids coming off the bench. I still got to do my number figures too to add into this..

If any of there coaches read this with what Raceland has coming back please add the I-form and some power sets for those horses coming back..
bac2369 Wrote:I love the title games as you can see the two deep roster of the teams. I’ve got to look a little better and study some more but Offensively with the subs and lineman coming back Raceland is going to be pretty good.. The defense with its subs next year is the ?. The looks of 4 starters returning with three kids coming off the bench. I still got to do my number figures too to add into this..

If any of there coaches read this with what Raceland has coming back please add the I-form and some power sets for those horses coming back..

Neve Know Santa might bring the Rams a QB this year . Just never know
I thought Raceland had a young QB in the making?
They have a freshman , but man would it be nice to have a jr move in with varsity experience. It could happen
Or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5
Raceland is in a good area where kids COULD come across the river but typically you don’t hear of it. It seems like it was the Ashland’s and Fairviews only. Raceland may of good a kid from
Boyd sometimes or Greenup..
Am I wrong, but it doesn't seem Raceland's fans are super cocky, at least not on here too bad. Or is that just me. I mean confidence is fine, but I don't see the fans of Raceland get too crazily bent out of shape if you think someone is going to give them a close game, etc..? Am I wrong there? If not they must be some really classy folks.
Just put 11 on the field and play ball. "if a man gives his best....what else is there." - general george s. Patton
“Make it to the carpet and they will come” me
^^^^bahahahahaha
I jist want to say, I have watched clips and snippets of this ball game and saw the game first hand of course. But I want to say how proud I am of both of these squads. I dont know that I have ever seen the sportsmanship and mutual respect out of two high school football teams in my life. Pre-snap until after a tackle, there were pats on the head, hand shakes, helping the other guy up. Very physical football game, but it was never chippy or volitile. Its not easy to keep your composure while you are getting your rear end handed to you and its not easy to show humility when you know beuond a shadow of a doubt you will be the state champs by the end of the 3rd quarter. Both teams did just that. Thats a testiment to both staffs and parents around these kids. Hate the way it turned out of course, but seeing the way both groupa of young men handled themselves gsve me some sort of hope for humanity in the future lol. Anyone who says football just breeds violence and hostility, needs to watch this ball game and how these young men handled themselves.
I’ve observed the Beechwood program from afar (and occasionally closer) for over three decades now. One of the most consistently classy and well-run programs in the state.