Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games today
Who is playing today? List scores please.
any updates
Belfry beat Owsley 37-36
Bigdad Wrote:Belfry beat Owsley 37-36
Was that score based on an entire regulation game? That’s very low scoring even if it is pre-season.
This was actually pretty good game. Both teams played pretty well with very physical defense. I think Owsley was missing a couple girls which hurt them with depth. It looked like both teams are set for very good years. Scoring wise both team played zones which limited the number of shots both teams attempted.
speedy socks Wrote:This was actually pretty good game. Both teams played pretty well with very physical defense. I think Owsley was missing a couple girls which hurt them with depth. It looked like both teams are set for very good years. Scoring wise both team played zones which limited the number of shots both teams attempted.

I called a parent and they said two of Owsley’s players were absent for a school related event.

Should be a good year for the team, with all their players back from last season. Three of this year’s players started as eighth graders last year and being thrown into high school games so early should be a big confidence boost for them this year.
speedy socks Wrote:This was actually pretty good game. Both teams played pretty well with very physical defense. I think Owsley was missing a couple girls which hurt them with depth. It looked like both teams are set for very good years. Scoring wise both team played zones which limited the number of shots both teams attempted.

I think that playing zone in the preseason is a good idea. It's likely that the opposing players haven't found their shot yet, mojo, groove, etc... Plus it starts your team off slow, getting back into the flow of the action. Also you'll probably be playing man for the majority of the season, so while the outcome is next to meaningless get your team acquainted with playing zone. Smart thinking by the coaches. Can't wait to watch some ball; this fall!!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I called a parent and they said two of Owsley’s players were absent for a school related event.

Should be a good year for the team, with all their players back from last season. Three of this year’s players started as eighth graders last year and being thrown into high school games so early should be a big confidence boost for them this year.

Also where you are undermanned zone should help balance out for the lack of athleticism and expierience.
The Ole Man sounds like he really knows basketball while sitting on the couch in his white sleeves tee shirt. Maybe you should get out and watch a game it's easy to judge while watching Cartoon Network. Both teams starting out pressing in a fast pace game but both got in quick foul trouble and in an effort to keep players from fouling out the coaches had to run other option, That's coaching adjusting and trying to put pieces in place to keep your best players in the game, but since your John wooden maybe you can call those coaches and offer your advice.
Games at South Laurel today

Pineville - 54
McCreary Central - 48

Harlan County - 65
Southwestern - 47

South Laurel - 80
Casey County - 79
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard defeated Pike County Central 54-52.
Johnson central over lee co 20+. Not sure what final score was but it wasn’t close
From what I found out about the Owsley/Belfy game. It was very physical game which contributed to the low scoring. Both teams pressed most of first half. Owsley had to move to half court most of second half to protect from foul trouble. Owsley was in foul trouble most of game. Gibson had four fouls in first half. Owsley was thin on bench with a starter and sub not in attendance.
The Lady Owls have all the pieces to have a very good year. No doubt one of the top teams in the 14th this year.
Knott handled Kackson Co. fairly easy Saturday at Estiill Co. Combined scores from both halves was 56-34. Higgins did not play. Knott had very balanced scoring. Starters played less than half the game. Knotts defense was very good.
Why didn't Higgins play? Did Estill play?
ekff Wrote:Games at South Laurel today

Pineville - 54
McCreary Central - 48

Harlan County - 65
Southwestern - 47

South Laurel - 80
Casey County - 79

I watched the South Laurel and Casey game; it was a very good game!
clay1 Wrote:Why didn't Higgins play? Did Estill play?

Higgins has a sprained ankle.... Estill was playing Perry .... don’t know how it turned out.
The Ole Man Wrote:I watched the South Laurel and Casey game; it was a very good game!

If South had that much trouble with Casey then they cant beat Harlan County....
Hazard got up 14 points and then their coach put his subs in and pike central hit some shots and cut it to one but hazard still pulled it out by 4 but in all actuality hazard is a 15 or 20 point better team
KingCommodore Wrote:If South had that much trouble with Casey then they cant beat Harlan County....

I don’t think they or any 13th team can beat HC this year, but I believe South was missing a starter. With south this year one starter is huge because they have NO bench. I heard souths post wa the difference maker which surprised me.
hitter Wrote:Hazard got up 14 points and then their coach put his subs in and pike central hit some shots and cut it to one but hazard still pulled it out by 4 but in all actuality hazard is a 15 or 20 point better team

This sounds suspicious 😏
hitter Wrote:Hazard got up 14 points and then their coach put his subs in and pike central hit some shots and cut it to one but hazard still pulled it out by 4 but in all actuality hazard is a 15 or 20 point better team

I highly disagree about the 15-20 points better. PC put up plenty of shots and couldn't hit until the end of the game. I would say that on any given day either of these teams could win. No disrespect to Hazard because they are a very talented team, but PC couldn't buy a basket Saturday. Hazard hit their FT's and PC couldn't hit those either. I believe that Pike Central Lady Hawks will have a very successful season because these girls play so hard. Once their shots start to fall consistently, they will be in good shape.
KingCommodore Wrote:If South had that much trouble with Casey then they cant beat Harlan County....

Well... Last year Casey beat South and South beat Harlan County, So ur statement is a little off..
I know last year is last year but all 3 teams have the same teams... Just saying, I wouldn't say CAN'T
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Casey doesn't have the same team! They got 2 transfers from Northern Pulaski this summer. Very fast guard and a post player. The guard started and the post player was 6th man in the game. I would say Casey is better this year than last and since they beat South by 16 last year, I'd say South is much better this year too! I wonder if Cats Pause took the transfers into consideration when they ranked them 4th?