Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A payoffs Paducah Tilghman @ Elizabethtown 11/10
Rip/Spin Wrote:Explain something to me please. According to the KHSAA stat leaders in 3A, Paducah Tilgham has given up a TOTAL of 136 rushing yards and a TOTAL of 63 passing yards in 9 games. How is a team that has only given up 199 total yards in 9 games 4-6??? Please tell me this is just a simple typo and not somebody delibertly falsifying their stats.

Based upon the stats I compiled their defensive stats are. This is lacking data from the last game and the TN team earlier this year so they are still lower than reality.

Rush Pass Total
914 1404 2318
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Which PT team are they taking to Etown? The one that got mauled by Mayfield and then was later seen in the 4th Q of the Christian Co game or the one that played the other games this season? 2 very different teams that produce very different outcomes

That is the enduring question surrounding PT football. If they turn the ball over and fall behind, the game will be over early because PT counts on a ground game to eat up the clock and control the tempo. They have no big play offense or passing game. But - I think Duncan has recognized his strengths and weaknesses and adapted accordingly.

Recent E-PT game day results:

2016 - 47-13
2015 - 42-14

So I would say there is a trend.
You can't compare the past Etown PT games. PT has a real coach now. PT may not when, but I agree if they don't turn the ball over this will be a competitive game.