Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Trouble for UT Football
John Kelly and linebacker Will Ignont, were cited Tuesday night following a traffic stop. Kelly was issued citations for misdemeanor possession of a schedule 6 drug, not having a headlight and not having proof of insurance, Ignont for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Wonder if they will be eligible to play Saturday?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ffic-stop/
The player that gave the Middle finger to vs. Alabama WILL play. Butch Jones announced that today on the SEC teleconference.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
He got all mixed up in his emotions! I watched the video and heard his apology. I'm glad he will be able to play. The Alabama fans were really giving them a bad time, and in his apology he stated that his mom didn't raise him this way. Kinda touched me a little.
There is huge dumpster fire in Knoxville. You all always hear about athletes getting busted for drugs. I thought the NCAA did random drug testing? Are they just testing for ped's or am I wrong about the testing?
Don't know; never thought about it really. But I gotta wonder who would be in charge of doing the actual testing. I don't see an official from NCAA going from school to school with a case of pee sticks!!
Confusednicker:
Statement from Butch Jones has just been released.....

"Tennessee running back John Kelly and linebacker Will Igont have been suspended from the Kentucky game."
They are going to struggle to field a team!! The next string RB has 100+ fewer carries than Kelly
I know one thing.
For all of the crap that Kentucky fans and media types have talked about what a dumpster fire UT is (and don't get me wrong, they absoloutly are) if they still beat UK on the road in Lexington then I think we should just end the season right there. I think KSR should have to refer to UK football as dumpster #2 the rest of the year.

I have a sneaky suspicion they will rock UK
They will "rock" UK?

Alabama held up signs that said "Rocky Bottom" at their game.
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:They will "rock" UK?

Alabama held up signs that said "Rocky Bottom" at their game.
Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:

Until stoops troops prove otherwise, it's impossible to pick them
Well if we can't beat THIS Tennessee team, then even a die-hard like me may just say the hell with it. But you're right, until we actually do it, who can expect otherwise?
This team STILL has the potential to be special.

Ending the season 9-3 is a real possibility. Beating Tennessee & Louisville in the same season as well as having the best regular season record in over thirty years (1984).

vs. Tennessee - W
vs. Ole Miss - W
@ Vanderbilt - W
@ Georgia - L
vs. Louisville - W

This isn't the typical SEC 'Death Row' we are used to playing. This is the most favorable schedule we've had since the Grover Cleveland Presidential administration. UK went 9-0 in 1898.

UK hasn't beat Rocky Flop & Loserville in the same season since 1924. At game day against Tennessee, 92... almost 93 years will have passed since UK beat UT & UofL in the same season

11/27/1924
UK - 27
Tennessee - 6

10/04/1924
UK - 29
Louisville - 0
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Until stoops troops prove otherwise, it's impossible to pick them

Van Hagar Wrote:Well if we can't beat THIS Tennessee team, then even a die-hard like me may just say the hell with it. But you're right, until we actually do it, who can expect otherwise?

I agree with both of you! The fact that both teams' programs have to be in shambles before we have a chance (ONLY a chance) of beating them, really dilutes our win.

If the Florida game is any indication, we may not get there this year either!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree with both of you! The fact that both teams' programs have to be in shambles before we have a chance (ONLY a chance) of beating them, really dilutes our win.

A W is a W.

Teams celebrate like crazy when they beat Kentucky basketball. Gardner-Webb, VMI, BobbyMo...... those teams will never forget the time they beat UK.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree with both of you! The fact that both teams' programs have to be in shambles before we have a chance (ONLY a chance) of beating them, really dilutes our win.

I agree Granny Bear, having to wait for U.T. to hit Rocky Bottom does dilute a win. As had been stated, even now a win isn't guaranteed for U.K.. This is the worst I ever remember the S.E.C. being.
Tennessee has a freshman QB that can run and UK has shown complete incompetence at stopping a backup at any offensive skill position. UK is gonna end up in Butch Jones garbage can Saturday as bad as it pains me to say, I just can't pick a Mark Stoops coached team at this point. So many stupid mistakes, every game.
Cats are not a good favorite!
Tennessee hasn’t scored an offensive touchdown in 14 quarters. I’ll get the pool started on when they will break that streak. I’ll say with 10:00 left in the first quarter tonight.