Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would make up for the Florida loss?
Saturday night was terrible.
Death by 1,000 paper cuts.... A Low blow with brass knuckles... Getting stabbed with an AIDS Positive knife.... what ever analogy you want to use, Saturday night sucked.

BUT, the season is not wasted. We are 3-1 with a great chance of being 5-1 going in to the bye week. Still having at least five winnable games (Ole Miss, Miss St., Vandy, Tennessee, loserville) left. Georgia is gonna be tuff between the hedges in Athens.

So what do you think will make up for the Florida loss???
Ending the regular season 10-2 is VERY possible. Probably going to have two losses in the SEC East, so going to the SEC title game would be out of the question.
Getting wins over Tennessee & loserville, both at Kroger Field.... Ending the season with the best record since the 1977 season and probably going to the best bowl game since the Harry S. Truman Presidential administration.
For me, 10 wins regular season wins and going to a New Years day bowl would make this loss just a memory.

If Mark Stoops wins 10 regular games this season, there will be a road somewhere in Lexington named after him. Our program has momentum in recruiting.... something we've not had in a very long time. We have to stay relevant to sustain what they've built up so far.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wins over Utee and Uvel would go a long way....This is still a opportunity to have a special season and go 9-3 or 8-4 IMO...Coaches need to step it up and players need to eliminate some mental errors...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What would make up for the Florida loss?

Basketball season to start!
Stardust Wrote:What would make up for the Florida loss?

If you are a true UK football fan, you deserve to be a UK basketball fan.

Basketball does absorb A LOT of the football pains.
6-6: We go to a bowl, but have a disappointing season.

7-5: We let a few slip away. Go to a decent bowl, but this season could & should have been so much more special.

8-4: Best regular season record since 1977. Probably lost another one by silly mistakes.

9-3: The Commonwealth is rockin' their UK Blue and headed to a New Years Day bowl. We rename Cooper Drive to Grove Street.

10-2: This can happen. Nobody looks like world beaters on our schedule. A few tuff teams, but anything can happen in the SEC.

11-1: We win the SEC East and would be in the SEC title game for the first time ever. There won't be a couch left in Lexington. A win sends us to the CFB Playoff a loss sends us to at least a New Years day bowl.

I'm not even gonna think about not getting to 6 wins.
Personally, finishing 10-2 or 9-3, and beating Tennessee and Louisville.
beating Tennessee is a must.
Stardust Wrote:What would make up for the Florida loss?

Confusednicker:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:6-6: We go to a bowl, but have a disappointing season.

7-5: We let a few slip away. Go to a decent bowl, but this season could & should have been so much more special.

8-4: Best regular season record since 1977. Probably lost another one by silly mistakes.

9-3: The Commonwealth is rockin' their UK Blue and headed to a New Years Day bowl. We rename Cooper Drive to Grove Street.

10-2: This can happen. Nobody looks like world beaters on our schedule. A few tuff teams, but anything can happen in the SEC.

11-1: We win the SEC East and would be in the SEC title game for the first time ever. There won't be a couch left in Lexington. A win sends us to the CFB Playoff a loss sends us to at least a New Years day bowl.

if we go to a bowl game where is it that we will most likely play? Nashville ?
Will depend on our final record and records of other conference teams because certain bowls have tie-ins with SEC, would depend on where we fell in that pecking order. Still, 9-3 or better should get us a really good bowl, 8-4 a little less, 7-5 or 6-6 not a big time game. I could live with 8-4 and a bowl win, anything less not so much. But I'll NEVER get over this Florida game regardless.
How about another major scandal involving "A public research university with enrollment of 22,640 located in Kentucky." and an athletic apparel brand that is described in the Federal indictment.

[University-6]
Well......sure can't hurt.😂😂😂😂😂
Barnhead resigning!!!
I don't think Stoops and his crew of coaches are capable of doing enough to make up for Saturday's loss to Fla! But to answer the question I would say a 9-3 regular season with wins over TN and Loserville would heal a great deal of the disappointment of last Saturday.........It would actually be nice if Stoops and his staff could prove me wrong.
Beating Tennessee
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nothing. There was no reason for that loss.
College football is all or nothing.
I get nothing from a bad bowl game against a team like Georgia tech like what happened last year.
The only way this still ends in a good year is if they can finish around 9 wins and get a good bowl against a good power 5 squad and pull off that win
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nothing. There was no reason for that loss.
College football is all or nothing.
I get nothing from a bad bowl game against a team like Georgia tech like what happened last year.
The only way this still ends in a good year is if they can finish around 9 wins and get a good bowl against a good power 5 squad and pull off that win

Beating Bobby last year really left you with a scar huh?

It’s kentucky football . While I was crushed losing at the game Saturday a 8-4 season is a great achievement .
I think we lose to Mississippi State in Starkville and Georgia in Athens. Honestly as offensively inept as UT is, UK should beat then again, but so was Florida.

Southern Miss - W
EKU - W
South Carolina - W
Florida - L
Eastern Michigan - W
Missouri - W
BYE
Mississippi State - L
Tennessee - W
Ole Miss - W
Vanderbilt - W
Georgia - L
Louisville - W

I see a 9-3 finish, possibly 8-4 at worst 7-5. Beating Georgia is out of the question. Miss. State is a loss IMO and Vandy is a toss up.

9-3 or 8-4 would be a positive direction for the program, another 7-5 season will be seen as another letdown.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[attachment=o3600]
BelfryPride Wrote:I think we lose to Mississippi State in Starkville and Georgia in Athens. Honestly as offensively inept as UT is, UK should beat then again, but so was Florida.

Southern Miss - W
EKU - W
South Carolina - W
Florida - L
Eastern Michigan - W
Missouri - W
BYE
Mississippi State - L
Tennessee - W
Ole Miss - W
Vanderbilt - W
Georgia - L
Louisville - W

I see a 9-3 finish, possibly 8-4 at worst 7-5. Beating Georgia is out of the question. Miss. State is a loss IMO and Vandy is a toss up.

9-3 or 8-4 would be a positive direction for the program, another 7-5 season will be seen as another letdown.
It would be nice to go along with your thoughts here but Ky football has let their fans down so many years, 31 in the case of Fla.....And the way this coaching staff panics and chokes in close games I just can't buy into the idea that this team is at least a 7-5 team. I actually believe this bunch could have a very difficult time beating EM this Saturday.
Lose again this week. Last week was University of Kentucky football at its finest.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Beating Bobby last year really left you with a scar huh?

It’s kentucky football . While I was crushed losing at the game Saturday a 8-4 season is a great achievement .

Let's not compare the success of Bobby Perino and Marky Stoops :dontthink
Pulp Fiction Wrote:6-6: We go to a bowl, but have a disappointing season.

Kentucky went 9-3 in 1983-84 and was ranked #19 in the final AP poll. You made another silly mistake. :please: You need to check the facts a little better! I remember you correcting my spelling error on a JCHS thread.
Beating Florida at Florida the following year will do it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Beating Florida at Florida the following year will do it.

I forgot about starting this thread..........

Yeah, I'm so over Florida. The Gators are now just another team.