Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 20 Mayfield 17
pjdoug Wrote:still crying because Corbin hammered that a$$ :biglmao::biglmao:

Yea, my teary eyes are buried in these...
Sure hope this is the last page.
Kracken Wrote:Yea, my teary eyes are buried in these...

None of which were relevant to last weeks game.
Mayfield will regroup after this game and be better for it and so will our coaching staff but i hope Conner Guthrie gets more time at qb he makes better decisions and is harder for teams to prepare for if not at qb he needs more balls his way kid has best hands on the team and thats saying something.Were not done yet just wait rest of @A.
Seems there are others trying to fuel the fire, I kinda like that. Corbin won this game had to beat an outstanding mayfield team and a group of officials that had it in for corbin. It was good for the Corbin kids to have to battle through all the adversity.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Seems there are others trying to fuel the fire, I kinda like that. Corbin won this game had to beat an outstanding mayfield team and a group of officials that had it in for corbin. It was good for the Corbin kids to have to battle through all the adversity.

It was a great high school game by two good programs...:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ProudPanther Wrote:You think too much of your Hounds..... Most people don't care one way or the other. I'm 15 minutes from Corbin and while I'm not a Hound fan - i was happy to see this one to shut those arrogant Mayfield fans up....

In every Corbin thread there are always multiple posts from fans that have no stake in the game either accusing Corbin of cheating or rooting for Corbins demise. You don't see it in any other thread. At least not near as much. Hell some people I see on here only post their hate for Corbin and nothing else.
Tica Wrote:Where is Mayfield setting up the community grief counseling center?

Let me know as I wish to attend a meeting :HitWall:
Congrats to Corbin, this is part of a 2 year contract to play this game at Austin Peay. Maybe next year we can get #55 and #64 to ref it
Mysonis55 Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman:policeman October 22 2017 Confusedmoke:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Congrats to Corbin, this is part of a 2 year contract to play this game at Austin Peay. Maybe next year we can get #55 and #64 to ref it

I think 64 can take 55 in a mud wrestling match .
A lot of talk on the other board about the "Deception Score". Seemingly neutral posters calling it bad football. To the point of unsportsmanlike. Can someone describe what unfolded?
When two great programs collide in an outstanding game like this was, I see the end result as a scoring deficit, but there are no losers.
Please no further remarks that degrade another poster or are off topic. See in the sticky threads about our attempt to clean up the boards.

pjdoug may have to take a shower!!!!

Thank you!!
64SUR Wrote:Mysonis55 Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman:policeman October 22 2017 Confusedmoke:

:biglmao:
check this out. you'll like it .
.Here's the longer video. take a look .
Jackson Purchase Wrote:A lot of talk on the other board about the "Deception Score". Seemingly neutral posters calling it bad football. To the point of unsportsmanlike. Can someone describe what unfolded?

Corbin ran a hidden receiver play following a punt. Team huddled around their coach, kids ran on and kids ran off. One kid acted like he was leaving field of play, but stopped just short of the sideline. He actually stood there with his back to the field pretending like he was talking to a coach or something. Ball is snapped and he sneaks up the sideline for an easy touchdown pass.

The play is illegal at all levels under the rules related to 'intention to deceive' following dead balls and timeouts. It's bush league and has no place in competitive football. I can't believe Corbin would run crap like that, they are good enough to win without having to resort to such 'tactics'.

Not worried about Corbin and their cheat plays. As a great man said, "Mayfield has bigger fish to fry".
Kracken Wrote:Corbin ran a hidden receiver play following a punt. Team huddled around their coach, kids ran on and kids ran off. One kid acted like he was leaving field of play, but stopped just short of the sideline. He actually stood there with his back to the field pretending like he was talking to a coach or something. Ball is snapped and he sneaks up the sideline for an easy touchdown pass.

The play is illegal at all levels under the rules related to 'intention to deceive' following dead balls and timeouts. It's bush league and has no place in competitive football. I can't believe Corbin would run crap like that, they are good enough to win without having to resort to such 'tactics'.

Not worried about Corbin and their cheat plays. As a great man said, "Mayfield has bigger fish to fry".

Isn't every counter play ran with intention to deceive? Player came across the numbers. He's legal. Corbin out played Mayfield and the refs. If mayfield has bigger fish to fry, then they've showed they're in trouble because they got smacked by Corbin for four quarters. NEXT
No dog in the race, but its not in the true spirit of athletic competition in my opinion. Its like the "barking dog" basketball play. Just a gimmick that goes against the core of what's good in high school sports. I understand the comments now.
Granny Bear Wrote:Please no further remarks that degrade another poster or are off topic. See in the sticky threads about our attempt to clean up the boards.

pjdoug may have to take a shower!!!!

Thank you!!

:dontthink
I cant believe crying and poor sportsmanship is going on a week later.
Kracken Wrote:Corbin ran a hidden receiver play following a punt. Team huddled around their coach, kids ran on and kids ran off. One kid acted like he was leaving field of play, but stopped just short of the sideline. He actually stood there with his back to the field pretending like he was talking to a coach or something. Ball is snapped and he sneaks up the sideline for an easy touchdown pass.

What other mayfield board are you talking about. Confusednicker:

Why wasn't your flag thrown?:Sad04:
I have seen the "snake in the grass" play several times in NCAA football. It's only considered "Bush League" (which is baseball and should never be used to describe football) when your team gets beat on it. I know Corbin and other teams have tried this play in the last few years but this is the first time I have seen it work, other than on TV in an SEC ame about 3 or 4 years back. If you get beat on it...your team got outcoached, if it is done correctly it's as legal as any flea flicker, double reverse, counter or any other play that is deceptive. I think it can only happen after a timeout/deadball situation
I wasn't there but here is what the rules say:

Rule Book Non contact unsportsmanlike conduct by player:
Rule 9 Sec 5 Art f:
Leaving the field between downs to gain an advantage unless replaced or unless with permission of game official.

Case Book 9.6.4 situation B:A1 and A2 enter the field while A3 A4 and A5 move toward the sideline. A5 stops within the 9-yard marks while A3 and A4 continue toward the team box.The ball is blown ready for play with A3 and A4 outside the 9-yard marks and is snapped without a huddle and the QB throws a forward pass to A4, who has gone downfield as wide receiver.
Ruling: This play is illegal because a pretended substitution is used to deceive the opponents. The penalty of 15 yards for the illegal participation foul will be administered from the previous since foul occurred at the snap.
Somebody get this guy a bottle!!!!
1. PARTICIPATION; Article 4; Section D: It is illegal participation to use a player, replaced player, substitute, coach, athletic trainer or other attendant in a substitution or pretended substitution to deceive opponents at or immediately before the snap or free kick.

2. Case Book 9.6.4 situation B spells it out in black and white. Not sure how there is any disagreement at this point.

3. NFHS "Football Points of Emphasis - 2016":

UNFAIR ACTS
"...The NFHS Football Rules Book specifically prohibits unfair acts. Rule 9-10 lists some examples of unfair acts, including hiding the football under a jersey or using an illegal kicking tee. Other unfair acts are prohibited by the spirit and intent of other rules, include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Uniforms which do not conform to specified standards or which have a foreign substance on them;
2. Use of disconcerting acts or words prior to the snap in an attempt to interfere with the offensive team’s signals or movements; and
3. “Hide-Out” plays, including those that use a substitution or pretended substitution in order to deceive opponents at or immediately before the snap or free kick.

Of course, it is impossible to list every unfair act that could take place. Deliberately violating the rules in the hope or expectation of not being detected is deplorable and indefensible, and should be penalized."

https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/documents/FB/rules.pdf
The Spread Wrote:Somebody get this guy a bottle!!!!

I prefer Miller Lite with my facts!!
I think this thread has ran it's course