Corbin vs Beechwood Updates
64SUR Wrote:Beechwood 36
Corbin 29
Final

:Sad04:

good game
I warned everybody
Way to go Tigers .
The Spread Wrote:Beechwood gets a few extra downs thanks to a phantom interference call....

You watched the Alcoa game too right? :please:
I knew this was going to be a tough game for Corbin playing at Beechwood. My conversation with Hoot Gibson about this game. Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson
Beechwood is a good, but far from great, 1A team. If Corbin is really the top 3A team in the state, then they will easily handle the Tigers on the road. My response "Completely disagree Hoot. There is a thing called tradition. Beechwood has won how many state titles? Beechwood is Beechwood, a northern Ky. football factory. I don't get how you down-play Corbin playing Beechwood. Some food for thought Hoot about Beechwood. 2016 State Champion, 2015 State Runner-Up, 2008 State Champion, 2007 State Champion, 2004 State Champion, 2003 State Runner-Up, I could keep going but I'd probably run out of room. Beechwood is Beechwood, I think it's a great game to go into their place, one of the most "tradition-rich" football programs in Northern Ky. history.
Please stop with the excuses about why Beechwood won the game. Beechwood flat out took it to Corbin and beat them with speed. You guys all slept on Beechwood and left them for dead with no chance of winning this game. The PI in the end zone was a blatant penalty. If Beechwood would have executed a couple more plays and not dropped a sure pick 6 this game would have been even worse than it was.

There was talk of the Tigers getting shutout, and they scored at will tonight!
Please stop with the excuses about why Corbin lost. The pass interference in the end zone was a blatant penalty. Beechwood flat out beat Corbin up and down the field tonight. The speed for Beechwood was the difference and it was evident in the passing game. If Beechwood executes a couple other plays and doesn't drop the pick 6 on the screen pass, then this game would have been even worse.

36 points is a far cry from getting shutout!
Why can't people just say the best team won tonight. Always trying to blame something for the loss
It appears Corbin is not quite the world beaters some wanted to claim they were. Their nemises Belfry went up North tonight and put a beat down on another perennial powerhouse up their (Newport Central Catholic) 54-29 I believe and was up 40-10 at one point. Red Hounds will have their hands full when they have to travel up US 119 to Belfry later this year.
First game for Corbin away from the Tri-County area..........Still surprising Corbin defense gives up 36 to 1A Beechwood.
Wow didn't see this coming. Figured Corbin would win. Hard to win without your own refs. 😉