Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 49 Pikeville 21
Final
Our young Panthers took one on the chin tonight from a team that should represent the East this year in 2A. Coach Mac will get them better as the season progresses. Good Luck to LCA the rest of the season.
Way to go LCA !
Tough loss and nothing for this young men to hang their heads about. Very impressed with LCA considering the talent they have. I do believe they'll be playing at Kroger field in Dec. Also impressed with this young Pikeville team for never giving up. showed flashes of one of those special teams like the 2015 championship team. This young team, with the coaching staff at PHS will only get better and better by playoff time. Then is when it gets interesting. Good luck to LCA for the remainder of this season.
Congratulations LCA i will be watching y'all soon when Corbin gets in district played :Cheerlead
I saw some real grit and fight out of a young Pikeville Team. Reminded me a lot of LCA 2 years ago. I think you all have a very special team in the very near future. Thank you for the hospitality!
Congrats to LCA. Didn't see a blow out coming in this one.
Couple costly turnovers and stupid penalties kept this one from being closer potentially. Pikeville played well overall. Got a lot of learning experiences out of the film coming for the coaches, I have no doubt they will grow from having played a very good team. Congrats to LCA, best wishes the remainder of the way.
wow,only one senior on this Pikeville team.
Really thought the panthers would be able to hold it within 3 TD's.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Really thought the panthers would be able to hold it within 3 TD's.
As I said, couple costly turnovers and a couple of really stupid penalties kept this from being closer. No disrespect to LCA at all, but short field put the defense in really bad spots a couple times. Too much talent for LCA to give them that advantage.
9 penalties against lca and pick 6 kept the score a lot closer than the game actually was. Pikeville got good young team they will be fine by the end of year
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Really thought the panthers would be able to hold it within 3 TD's.

Imo, this contest was like a tale of two football teams. One, highly ranked LCA returned almost everyone, and are expected to win it all in 2- A. Pikeville, on the other hand only returned one senior on the entire team. The exact opposite of LCA. Pikeville only returned three starters for both sides. No one thought they would do as good as they did against LCA before the season started, much less what they did to CHC. They will clean up those silly mistakes and learn from this loss. This young took it on the chin Sat. eve., and will take some more on the chin before the season is over, when you take into account one of the toughest schedules in the state. Certainly a tough out come playoff time, and better days lie ahead.
RTL Wrote:9 penalties against lca and pick 6 kept the score a lot closer than the game actually was. Pikeville got good young team they will be fine by the end of year
To be fair, Pikeville had as many penalties and probably more. There was definitely a yellow rain on both teams. Some legit and some were "meh" type calls. Technically correct but if I were the ref would have let it go. An example is the personal foul penalty assessed on the Pikeville player who pushed an LCA player down after LCA recovered one of the fumbles. Plainly evident he was telling the LCA player "get out of my teammates face" with he push because the LCA player was excited and ran into the group of players all hyped up. Nothing bad EITHER way it was just football. The LCA player wasn't malicious, neither was the Pikeville player. Our player just got the flag because it was in front of the LCA bench, and was TECHNICALLY a correct call, but nitpicky IMO.

Both teams have some outstanding players and will have good years. Best of luck to LCA the rest of the way
I watched this one the turnovers that Pikeville had we're back breakers they gave LCA a short field or this would have been a couple TD's closer Pikeville will be ok