Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Preseason Top 10
What is your Preseason top 10 for the 16th Region?
1. Boyd Co.
2. Russell
3. Ashland
4. Lewis Co.
5. Elliott Co.
6. Fleming Co.
7. Greenup Co.
8. Rowan Co.
9. Morgan Co.
10. Bath Co.
1) Elliott
2) Boyd Co.
3) Russell
4) Ashland
5) Raceland
6) Fleming Co.
7) Rowan Co.
8) Greenup Co.
9) Morgan Co.
10) Bath Co.
1. Elliott -With Spencer leaving Elliott, that opens the door for other teams to have a shot at winning the region. I still rank Elliott at the top, though, as they still return some pretty good players in Dickerson and Evans along with a ton of confidence and tradition.
2. Boyd - The Lions lost a lot in Kenser, but they return their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th leading scorers in Robinson, Stewart, and Smith. Randy Anderson is a great coach. If not for Elliott's recent dominance and the mental edge they have, I would rank Boyd number 1.
3. Ashland - Senior Chase Villers is one of the top players in the region. Junior Devaunte Robinson is a good player as well. Ironton transfer Ryan Bryant helps with size under the basket. The sophomore class has a host of good players. Ashland could definitely be a sleeper to take the region this year.

I personally think these 3 teams are above the pack this season. So many question marks exist with the rest of the teams listed at this point. Russell returns Hale but lost Stump for the year with an injury. Lewis returns Offut but lost Kelly with him transferring to Portsmouth. West and East graduated everyone. Greenup graduated everyone but Gage Hughes. Is Desean Woods still at Rowan? Fleming returns quite a bit and could be a dark horse. I'm just not sure how to rank the rest.
Woods gone at Rowan and Zac Alexander possibly out for the year at Fleming with a knee injury.

The 61st district is wide open....and so is the 16th region.
Morgan County could be the sleeper in this wide open region.
sacbunt Wrote:Woods gone at Rowan and Zac Alexander possibly out for the year at Fleming with a knee injury.

The 61st district is wide open....and so is the 16th region.

Yes to all. Rowan graduated 6 Srs and Woods. Alexander being out for Fleming is huge for them as he was their inside presence unless new members have shown up.
16th Region will be really exciting this year! Can't wait to see what teams decide they are the cream and rise to the top! So many big names gone leaves lots of room for plays we haven't heard of yet. Who wants it the most?
Ashland, Boyd, Elliott....everyone else
Should be an exciting year. Look forward to seeing what my Lions do under the guidance of Anderson. Quality coach and great kids in a proven system. Filling the void left by Kenser will be tough but other kids will step up. Let's go Lions!
any 16th region boys scrimmages in the next couple of weeks?
Boyd at Johnson Central Saturday...then Boyd plays Huntington High at East Carter on Black Friday
What time Saturday at Johnson Central? Might be able to check out BC boys and girls.
I believe JV at 3:30, varsity around 5:00
Powell county beat Menifee county last night at Morgan by about 30. Barnett from Menifee county did not play. Morgan county beat Phelps by around 30 also.
1. Boyd Co.
2. Ashland
3. Elliott Co
4. Greenup Co
5. Russell
6. Rowan Co
7. Bath Co
8. Morgan Co.
9. Fleming Co
10. Lewis Co.
11. Menifee Co.
12. East Carter
13. Raceland
14. West Carter
15. Fairview
16. Rose Hill

Boyd Co and Ashland are 1 and 1A above the rest. #3-#12 could easily change day to day. Venue of the games being played may be the deciding factor all season.
Anyone have results from the Russell panorama on 11/21?