Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville's HORRIBLE Seating
I agree with several posts that have been made about the tradition of out gym. Our gym represents the tradition of small Eastern Kentucky basketball. Basketball in Eastern Kentucky was built on the backs of small schools like Carr Creek, Paintsville, Van Lear, and Flat Gap. These schools created the spirit of basketball that still roars in these hills today. Though our gym is small, it still has the character of this basketball history. Furthermore, we are still able to produce great teams without the fancy facilities of many of our rivals. I believe that everyone should take pride that there is still a school in this area that is holding steadfast to the traditions of the past: hot, crowded gyms with fans yelling so loud that you can't even hear the person sitting next to you speak. These games are so much more fun when it is hot and crowded and everyone is yelling like crazy!

Granted, more seating would be benificial, but I believe it would take away much of the character of our school. I grew up watching games in that gym, cheering in that gym, and developed thousands of memories that I will hold forever in that gym. Because of our small "Cracker-box gym" and the wonderful memories I built at Paintsville.

I am a TIGER, and I will be until the day I die.
I have been to alot of high school games there over the years.Seen alot of heartbreakers,brought on mostly by the home team.But,I have to say that their is no better atmosphere than in that gym.My daughter is in eighth grade this year and experienced her first district tournament and it couldn't have been at no better place than at PHS.After the first night,she has made me take her back with me every night and she isn't even a hoops fan.And since we swept both girls and boys titles this year,I couldnt have taken her at a better time!!!
you know what Im sick of hearing "quit crying" if you drove an hour to get to a game and then couldnt get in to see your team I bet you would have something to say about it too. Okay tigers if you drove and hour to ohh lets say Ashland and couldnt get in the gym I bet we would be handing you the Klenex!!!
guesswho Wrote:you know what Im sick of hearing "quit crying" if you drove an hour to get to a game and then couldnt get in to see your team I bet you would have something to say about it too. Okay tigers if you drove and hour to ohh lets say Ashland and couldnt get in the gym I bet we would be handing you the Klenex!!!
Well....The during the first game they locked the doors after the game had started so why waste your time if you knew you wouldn't get there til halftime. Everyone that wanted to attend the second game came in and watched after the doors were reopened. So what's the big deal?