Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most improved and disapointments this season in the 14th
most improved would have to be powell, most disapointing team would have to be jackson city. any other teams that have stepped up and stepped down?
I thought all along Powell would be strong this year. I am suprised as to the record improvement of Breathitt more than Powell. i do think JC is a disapointment.
I thought Powell was tough last year also and since everyone was back I was expecting at the very least 22 wins
Hazard and JBS have really stepped down the last couple weeks. For Hazard it has to do with conflicts of other sports and couple injuries...but there are no excuses!! IDK what happend to JBS...but both teams need to pick it up soon...or were both gonna be sitting at home in about a week!
JBS is Done
powell was predicted to be a top team this year...but from last year they have improved alot...breathitt has also surprised me and deff. jackson city is a dissapointment going to regional final last year and probally not even going to make it out of district this year
Most Improved is Powell Co only winning 7 games last yr to win 17 this yr also think Buckhorn has improved alot this yr.....my disapointments is Cordia they are rlly good team but had a lot problems this yr if they get everything back to normal over there and players come back out better watch out for the lions next yr.
:Thumbs: also agree breathitt is deff a big improvement i forgot bout them!
I feel sorry for Jackson City. They had an awesome season last year and were on top of the world...it was their time to shine. Now they have returned to mediocre at best. Just goes to show you that nothing lasts forever. I still admire JC tho...even when they were 14th region runners-up their players and their fans showed a lot of respect and class. I never once heard them bragging or putting down another team or player. Now, a year later, I don't remember the score of that championship game but I'll always remember how they played with heart and courage and respect and class....the truest measure of a Champion.
Breathitt BY FAR for the MOST IMPROVED and to me Hazard has been a BIG LETDOWN this season. To me the biggest surprise and is weird to say this but PCC. Al Holland has done a GREAT coaching job and could very well end of winning the region!
Why would you say JBS is done? They have won all their games except PCC and they overlooked them. PCC was awful last year. Besides that game was just a reg. game. They beat Brethitt and Knott again. Lets not get into a big hurry to put them out.
cordia hands down
thedarkside Wrote:cordia hands down
Hands down what?
most underachieving team
im going with Breathitt as the most improved.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Breathitt BY FAR for the MOST IMPROVED and to me Hazard has been a BIG LETDOWN this season. To me the biggest surprise and is weird to say this but PCC. Al Holland has done a GREAT coaching job and could very well end of winning the region!

Why is Hazard such a BIG LETDOWN? Hazard has beaten Madison Central, Lafyette, Shelby Valley, JBS and some other very good teams, 3rd place in the Wymt, won the all A regional, and played well in Richmond. They have lost only 8 games. All this, not considering they lost 4 key players off last years team. Olinger, Ostein, Wallace and John Walker. It seems to me that you always have something negative to say about the Bulldogs. I guess if they win the 14th it will still be a big LETDOWN. What more would you have expected?

Oh yeah, they have beaten PCC twice. Almost forgot about that one.:redboxer:
Survivor Wrote:Why is Hazard such a BIG LETDOWN? Hazard has beaten Madison Central, Lafyette, Shelby Valley, JBS and some other very good teams, 3rd place in the Wymt, won the all A regional, and played well in Richmond. They have lost only 8 games. All this, not considering they lost 4 key players off last years team. Olinger, Ostein, Wallace and John Walker. It seems to me that you always have something negative to say about the Bulldogs. I guess if they win the 14th it will still be a big LETDOWN. What more would you have expected?

I agree with this post, but hazard is not playing well as of recent games...due to conflicting sports and injuries. But theyll pick it up tommorow against leslie co.
Could Powell's Lively get coach of the year with this kind of turn-around?
I would say yes, but I dont know much about the other coaches....so IDK.
Survivor Wrote:Why is Hazard such a BIG LETDOWN? Hazard has beaten Madison Central, Lafyette, Shelby Valley, JBS and some other very good teams, 3rd place in the Wymt, won the all A regional, and played well in Richmond. They have lost only 8 games. All this, not considering they lost 4 key players off last years team. Olinger, Ostein, Wallace and John Walker. It seems to me that you always have something negative to say about the Bulldogs. I guess if they win the 14th it will still be a big LETDOWN. What more would you have expected?

Please show me where I have spoke negative about Hazard...PLEASE!!!!!
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I agree with this post, but hazard is not playing well as of recent games...due to conflicting sports and injuries. But theyll pick it up tommorow against leslie co.

What do you mean by "conflicting sports"?
Survivor Wrote:What do you mean by "conflicting sports"?

A lot of the boys are now having to focus on two or three sports baseball practice, weightlifting/conditioning, and basketball prac./conditioning. It is tiring when 3/4 of a 15 man team are playing and working out for 3 different sports.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I don't know of any of the starters that are playing other sports and if my memory serves me correctly, no players have ever went out for baseball until the basketball season is over at Hazard.
dunkmaster11 Wrote:Could Powell's Lively get coach of the year with this kind of turn-around?
NO i doubt he will get it, they just got beat by letcher on senior night, not good
Survivor Wrote:I don't think you know what you're talking about. I don't know of any of the starters that are playing other sports and if my memory serves me correctly, no players have ever went out for baseball until the basketball season is over at Hazard.

I know of at least 3 boys that were lifting for football with us today....but yes these were mostly non-starters, but these players also contribute to the overall good of the basketball program. But Hazard being down recently is more due to injury than to a conflict of sports......
Cordia, Jackson City will do wat they do once every million years but Cordia has to be the biggest disappointment this season. The most improved has to Buckhorn. For years they have been the laughing stock of the region and now they have PCC scared. They are a dangerous team and have one the region's best players. Had the whole team and Al holland scouting them at Cordia when they played them there. Powell and Breathitt have both had great turn around seasons, but I vote for Buckhorn for most improved.
I go with Powell Co. The kids there had to learn a whole
new system, go from a sort of set up offensive attack to
a system that pushes the ball intensely. To go from seven
wins to seventeen is a strong accomplishment.