Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 70 Lawrence 46
Final
impressive.. congrats valley.
Congrats Valley.. good effort LC
Congrats to Valley.
Anyone got any stats from this one??
rainout Wrote:Anyone got any stats from this one??

Jacob Bryant 18 points, 8 rebounds

Taylor Newsome 15 points, 6 rebounds

Ashley Hatfield 12 points, 4 blocks

Toby Wright 10 points
Congrats to Valley! I figured that Valley would win by 20 or so. No big surprise.
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley
Congrats SV.
Shelby Valley plays Leslie co next
Thought it would have been closer but Valley is tough, it will take someone to put together a great game plan to beat valley.
jOHn:316 Wrote:Thought it would have been closer but Valley is tough, it will take someone to put together a great game plan to beat valley.

I agree
Glad to see the boys are starting to roll again, they really shut down Lawrence Co.'s offense and frustrated their best player.
Larry Legend Wrote:Glad to see the boys are starting to roll again, they really shut down Lawrence Co.'s offense and frustrated their best player.

Chandler Thompson behaved like a thug last night. It wasn't so much his forearm to the back of Logan Bryant's head, but his actions during handshakes after the game... And the worst part was that the coaching staff only seemed to support him... No wonder the kid acts that way...
Larry Legend Wrote:Glad to see the boys are starting to roll again, they really shut down Lawrence Co.'s offense and frustrated their best player.

Chandler Thompson behaved like a thug last night. It wasn't so much his forearm to the back of Logan Bryant's head, but his actions during handshakes after the game... And the worst part was that the coaching staff only seemed to support him... No wonder the kid acts that way...

Not taking up for Thompson but Logan derserved those elbows he gave Thompson a couple to the head also. Then thompson got him back, but it was just a rough game played by both teams. Great win Valley keep it up.
SVwildcat23 Wrote:Not taking up for Thompson but Logan derserved those elbows he gave Thompson a couple to the head also. Then thompson got him back, but it was just a rough game played by both teams. Great win Valley keep it up.

I beg to differ just a bit. No one deserves elbows to the head. There are other ways to get someone back or take out your frustration. Good players don't get taken out of their game that easily.
Well I only watched the 1st half but all SV did was throw elbows. The first two fouls called were elbows thrown by SV, and the 2nd one was to the back of the head and it ended up being called on both players and this was in the 1st 4 mins of the game. IMO there actions took away from the great game SV played.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
SVwildcat23 Wrote:Not taking up for Thompson but Logan derserved those elbows he gave Thompson a couple to the head also. Then thompson got him back, but it was just a rough game played by both teams. Great win Valley keep it up.

Agreed that Logan wasn't completely innocent in the situation, and players sometimes lose their temper... but what Thompson did at the end of the game tells me more about his lack of character than his ability to control his temper. :thumpsup:
The King Wrote:Agreed that Logan wasn't completely innocent in the situation, and players sometimes lose their temper... but what Thompson did at the end of the game tells me more about his lack of character than his ability to control his temper. :thumpsup:

what happen after the game?
Batpuff Wrote:Well I only watched the 1st half but all SV did was throw elbows. The first two fouls called were elbows thrown by SV, and the 2nd one was to the back of the head and it ended up being called on both players and this was in the 1st 4 mins of the game. IMO there actions took away from the great game SV played.

The refs let the game get too rough. Lawrence handchecked the whole game and a couple of players off both teams got frustrated. It definitely wasn't just SV throwing elbows as you suggest.
Well the time I was there it was all that was seen was them throwing the elbows. Like I said I left at half time. But there really needs to be less talk about that and more talk about the game, me including will no longer talk about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Good game by SV. Sounds like Jake Bryant is back to his old self having 18 pts. and 8 boards. Which player from SV was throwing the elbows.
Congrats SV
Retaliation is nothing but a show of weakness.Who usually gets caught,,the guy who retaliates.What kind of player retaliates anytime hes hit,,,a big dumb redneck is the kind.Im not talking about this game or any player but over the years I have seen players who always retaliates if they took a hard shot.Randy anderson ofLawrence county would not ever encourage anyone to elbow or punch anyone.
Batpuff Wrote:Well the time I was there it was all that was seen was them throwing the elbows. Like I said I left at half time. But there really needs to be less talk about that and more talk about the game, me including will no longer talk about it.
You sound like one of those bluegrassprep geeks,,,,hehehe just jokin you batbuff