Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 72 Magoffin County 71
I finally attended a powell co game and wasnt impressed much....magoffin came out and gave them a game in the second half......and about the refs...worst i have ever seen in my 13 years of following high school basketball...awful calls on both sides of the court......powell turned it over around 4-5 times in the last 3 min. of the game which fired magoffin up including the dunk from arnett.......at the end powell came out with a win due to a last second shot from the banks kid from powell....magoffin had the chance to seal the game but they didnt and that turns out to be a tough loss to a good powell co team.....congrats powell and i look forward to seeing you in the 14th region and congrats to magoffin for playing a well hard fought game.......and i dont even want to mention how bad the refs was that reffed the jv game....congrats to both teams
dunkmaster11 Wrote:I don't think Magoffin outplayed Powell, Powell had a 16 point lead in the third and went into the half up by double digits. Could of got ugly, but the refs really got into the game and what i thought was a poorly called game from both ends leaned way toward the Magoffin side toward the end. IMO Powell is a much better and atleast 20 points better.

Yes Magoffin did out play Powell...Powell was ahead by 16 at the end of the 3rd but Magoffin came back in the 4th and took the lead at the end...just a lucky shot by powell happens to everyone and the refs DID NOT lean toward magoffin at all....powell was hanging all over MC literally pulling on their jersey's and nothing was called till the 2nd half...well if powell was so much better then they would have beaten us by more that 1 point and we had a good player hurt to.
i believe # 11 for powell fouled out with only 4 fouls from what i was counting......and IMO the game started leaning toward magoffin at the end of the game...JMO im not even a powell co fan i just believe this is how it was at the end of the game
Congrats to Magoffin for hanging in there and almost pulling out the upset!!
Great win for Powell Co. Congrats Pirates!
14thregionallstate Wrote:i believe # 11 for powell fouled out with only 4 fouls from what i was counting......and IMO the game started leaning toward magoffin at the end of the game...JMO im not even a powell co fan i just believe this is how it was at the end of the game

Thank you 14thregionallstate, I fully agree with you, there was an argument over the books, one of the book keepers had #11 having 4 fouls and the other had him having 5 fouls, but I just happened to video tape the game, so I watched it and recounted and it was only 4 fouls. Not to mention at the end of the first half one team had like 14 or 15 fouls against them and the other had like 5 or 6. I can understand if you foul, then you foul, but in no case should the fouls be this uneven. Horrible reffing, and as a neutral fan I think both teams were jipped badly.
magoffin was down by 11 going into the 4th, not 16th, if you were really there then you would know. i was sitting right behind powell's bench and at the end of the 3rd i saw coach lively look up at the clock, and i did too. magoffin was down by 16 at one point in the game, but not going into the 4th. and as for magoffins score keeper, he was probably not thinking right or something, just like the refs. overall the game was horrible on both sides. i hope neither team has to see this kind of atmosphere again.