Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Paintsville 82 Prestonsburg 68
15thRegionX Wrote:Jealous of what? Patton is nothing great at all. I am just saying that 6 blocks is nothng major at all. You still did not answer my question about Landon Slone getting Off. boards on him. BTW I wouldn't waste a piece of paper and the ink on getting this guys autograph. You probably have it sitting beside your bed and kiss it every night before you go to bed...:flame:

Really 15th all joking aside, I am a friend of Trevor's dad and I have watched him grow up to a fine young man. I just think you are being a little rough on him. Good kid, good family.:igiveup:
15thRegionX Wrote:Jealous of what? Patton is nothing great at all. I am just saying that 6 blocks is nothng major at all. You still did not answer my question about Landon Slone getting Off. boards on him. BTW I wouldn't waste a piece of paper and the ink on getting this guys autograph. You probably have it sitting beside your bed and kiss it every night before you go to bed...:flame:

Really 15th all joking aside, I am a friend of Trevor's dad and I have watched him grow up to a fine young man. I just think you are being a little rough on him. Good kid, good family.:igiveup:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Really 15th all joking aside, I am a friend of Trevor's dad and I have watched him grow up to a fine young man. I just think you are being a little rough on him. Good kid, good family.:igiveup:

I never said anything about him being a bad kid or his family. I am sure they are great people and I am sure he is a great kid!:Thumbs: Sorry if you think I am being rough on him, just telling my opinion!
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Really 15th all joking aside, I am a friend of Trevor's dad and I have watched him grow up to a fine young man. I just think you are being a little rough on him. Good kid, good family.:igiveup:

I never said anything about him being a bad kid or his family. I am sure they are great people and I am sure he is a great kid!:Thumbs: Sorry if you think I am being rough on him, just telling my opinion!

Oh yes 15th, to address the rebound situation. Patton was not guarding Slone so I did not see Slone rebound over him or him rebound over Slone. I will say that the official stats showed Prestonburg as a team out rebounded Paintsville. That is what bascally kept them in the game. Paintsville got several rebounds that kicked off the back of the rim. In fact I saw several that came all the way back past the freethrow line. Slone is a quality kid and he and Trevor are friends.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:

:lmao: LOL
As a team, the blackcats didnt have an offensive rebound until the 4th quarter.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Oh yes 15th, to address the rebound situation. Patton was not guarding Slone so I did not see Slone rebound over him or him rebound over Slone. I will say that the official stats showed Prestonburg as a team out rebounded Paintsville. That is what bascally kept them in the game. Paintsville got several rebounds that kicked off the back of the rim. In fact I saw several that came all the way back past the freethrow line. Slone is a quality kid and he and Trevor are friends.

well can u get trev to get me slone's auto??
j/k
i enjoy watching slone play amazing how a kid can make a shot whenever he wants...

You say 6 blocks is nothing in one game but i guarantee if it was Arnett or Rice it would be the biggest thing that has happened all year and you wouldnt shut up about it. If you ask me and im sure a bunch will agree with me 6 blocks is a pretty good night.
read my post in the Blocks thread..
UnderArmour24 Wrote:You say 6 blocks is nothing in one game but i guarantee if it was Arnett or Rice it would be the biggest thing that has happened all year and you wouldnt shut up about it. If you ask me and im sure a bunch will agree with me 6 blocks is a pretty good night.

Do you see them walking around about 6'5+? If Devin Rice EVER gets 6 blocks ill probably say he is the best player ever. But the fact is he will never get that because he is barely 6ft and does not have much "hops". Arnett may never get 6 blocks either because he is a senior but I would not start a whole other thread just because he gets 6 blocks! He is at the tallest 6'3, so that is more impressive. Patton should average 5-6 blocks a game!
ttt
It is hard to get block shots in the 15th. There are alot of calls made on a player if he is bigger than the one who he is guarding with body fouls. But on the other hand, the bigger ones usually has someone bumping him like crazy when he shoots.

BTW, according to the KHSAA website, on team stats, Patton is the team leader in blocked shots with 53. It was updated yesterday.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:It is hard to get block shots in the 15th. There are alot of calls made on a player if he is bigger than the one who he is guarding with body fouls. But on the other hand, the bigger ones usually has someone bumping him like crazy when he shoots.

BTW, according to the KHSAA website, on team stats, Patton is the team leader in blocked shots with 53. It was updated yesterday.

I agree.
I would play the Burchett kid. From what I've seen he is their best overall player on both ends.
I don't know about the BEST on both ends. He is a fine young player however, he does deserve some Varsity PT judging by what I saw last night.
He played alot for P-Burg during the Hoops Classic though, IMO, he should play more Varsity.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Yeah i think your right, I seen Patton guarding his water bottle. Thats abouls all he could do w/ Slone. :rockon:

haha, very good.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:If any of you watched the game, the Cats played zone the entire 1st half and any one that knows bball knows that zone D makes it hard for block out assignments and allows most teams get more rebounds. In the second half the Cats went more man and the D focused more on stopping Slone and he then got the ball to other players in better scoring positions thus he scored less in the second. As a Blackcat fan, I am not sure what some of you Tiger fans want out of this team. I thought the Tigers played well for most of the game, they hit big shots in key moments, played great help D and better D overall than I have seen them play in several games that I have watch them this year. They took the challenge of the bigger Cats interior and stepped up and played pretty good on the boards considering the size difference. They came out of the locked room in the 3rd and improved on a pretty good 1st half. These are kids and do make mistakes and don't always play their best but to question their heart is funny. I thought both teams showed a real passion to want to win this game just the Tigers were the better team this night.

As for Patton, for his experience level he is a pretty good player overall. This is his 1st year basically playing on the varsity level and if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong Beavercreek) he did not play in middle school and shot up in height later and most kids it takes a while to learn how to play with a quick growth spurt. But I think he is a big part of the Cat team night in and out and has shown a lot of progress throughout the year. The Cats as a team are young and inexperienced but are growing as a team every game.

:thumpsup: Good Post!!