Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Lawrence County (15th Region Semi-Finals)
Wow what a game.
It didn't matter to me who won but LC didn't get the favorable whistle at the crucial times.
The 5th foul on Dalton was a terrible call
Lawrence missed their big #4 down the stretch.....

Man can the Dawgs shoot the 3 ball.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Timmy Dalton is an All-time Top 10 player in the 15th region.

King Kelly Coleman
John Pelphrey
JR Vanhoose
Elijah Justice
Todd May

Timmy Dalton will be on that list.
Davidlee Wrote:He good but if they play tight zone on him he just average player, David Cantrell from SC could get to the basket as good anyone could in the region but he he wasn't coached right!

I really hope you're not talking about Timmy, teams have tried to stop him every way known to man this season and he still leads the NATION in scoring.
LC ripped off. Terrible
This was one of the best games of high school basketball I've seen in a while. This was the LC team that folks from LC knew was there all year long. They showed this in spurts throughout the year, but last night they played as everyone knew they were capable of. This wasn't a matter of LC having a good game and JC having a bad game, LC and JC both came to play last night. LC was the better team, but JC handled the pressure better down the stretch imo.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Timmy Dalton is an All-time Top 10 player in the 15th region.

King Kelly Coleman
John Pelphrey
JR Vanhoose
Elijah Justice
Todd May

Timmy Dalton will be on that list.

Will Dalton win Mr. Basketball like the names listed above? His statistics are most definitely impressive, I think he has a very very strong case. Also what kind of interest is he receiving for the next level?
People saying LC got ripped off when Timmy Dalton shot more foul shots than the whole JC team shot, and it was like JC was standing there shooting 3's. I really would just once like to see someone lose without blaming refs, it's rediculous. Both teams played their guts out and deserve a pat on the back but JC just made big plays in the end
Hookedonhoops Wrote:People saying LC got ripped off when Timmy Dalton shot more foul shots than the whole JC team shot, and it was like JC was standing there shooting 3's. I really would just once like to see someone lose without blaming refs, it's rediculous. Both teams played their guts out and deserve a pat on the back but JC just made big plays in the end
They were some questionable calls. I can think of 3 of timmys fouls that shouldn't have been called. But the refs didn't screw anyone. LC missed about 5 FTs in the last minute. Not to mention the rest of the game. And they didn't burn the clock at all the last few minutes when their lead was a two possession or more game. LC hurt themselves in the 4th more than the refs. Both teams played great. Refs screwed no one just like 90% of the time someone says they do.
Exactly, the refs missed calls on both ends just as they do in every game but they did not determine the outcome. The Rice kid got 2 fouls on him where he was no where near the play. Refs were not perfect by any means but I don't think they determined the winner of this games. LC seemed to panic a little and Rush shots and JC made big shots when it counted
The troll Lawrence County fans and Pikeville fans that sat behind the JC bench (and yelled the entire game) needs to give themselves a pat on the back.

Without their heckling of JC's players and coaches, JC probably doesn't dig down deep and grit out the the win.

The people I'm talking about weren't students, they were adults. And yes, I had the best view and could hear everything that was said. So feel proud you're attempt to disrupt JC's gameplan worked opposite of what you were trying to do.
Ill start off by saying Im neither a JC fan or a Bulldogs fan. I support them both in the tourney because they are local just so yall know.
I understand the heartbreak of getting beat Ive been there. I understand bad calls, Ive had them against me personally before many times just like anyone who has ever put on a jersey..That said, it happens. It sucks and no one likes it. The good calls outweigh the bad ones
Heck I can remember a call that most likely cost Prestonsburg a state championship and even a friend of mine who is a 20 year ref, a giant JC homer who hates Prestonsburg said it was a awful call..
That said a great player ended his high school career and we got a great game. Lift up Dalton for his career and cheer on your team. Take the high road and show some class. LC had a great season and just saw the end of one of the best 15th region players ever. Enjoy it for what it is friends. :rockon:
What a tremendous game by both teams. It was billed as Mason blair vs. Tim Dalton but some other players stepped up and had big performances. Both Austin Davis from JC and Trey Dotson from Lc played great and hit big shots. This is the type of game you have to win to keep advancing it's not always going to be blow outs. Sometimes you just have to find a way to have one more point than the other team. I give JC a lot of props for not giving up and fighting back all night and pulling it out in the end. As intense as this game was JC has to get ready for a Pikeville team that has really impressed me this week.

As for Lawrence County I think this team has a bright future and will be tough again next year. They had a lot of young players that grew up tremendously this season. The 8th grader Wellman is going to be a star for the next 4 years and I see Lawrence County being a contender again next season. I hate that Tim Dalton ended his career with fouling out and was not able to take the final shot for his team but what a career he had. One of the best players at driving to the basket and scoring at will that I've ever seen. I saw today where he was decommitting from Salem and will be attending a prep school next season. I wish him all the luck in the future and I hope this next season at prep school will spark his recruitment by some bigger schools.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The troll Lawrence County fans and Pikeville fans that sat behind the JC bench (and yelled the entire game) needs to give themselves a pat on the back.

Without their heckling of JC's players and coaches, JC probably doesn't dig down deep and grit out the the win.

The people I'm talking about weren't students, they were adults. And yes, I had the best view and could hear everything that was said. So feel proud you're attempt to disrupt JC's gameplan worked opposite of what you were trying to do.
While observing the LC fans sitting on their respective side of the gym yelling the entire game for their team, did you happen to notice the troll Paintsville/JC fans that decided to stay and take up an entire section on LC's side and yell the entire game for JC? At one point even turning and yelling to the LC fans to shut their mouths? Funny how people see and hear what they want to... these were all adults as well... :eyeroll:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The troll Lawrence County fans and Pikeville fans that sat behind the JC bench (and yelled the entire game) needs to give themselves a pat on the back.

Well I can honestly say that goes both ways. I sat on the JC side and there were a few fans saying very rude things about the kids. Not just in the boys game, but the girls also. It's sad that a couple fans can make the whole fanbase look bad, but it happens.
Even when Lawrence got up by nearly 10 points, knew that Central would make a come back. LC was unconscious from 3 in the 2nd half, but they relied on it way too much down the stretch, plus missing some huge free throws as well, whenever Dalton missed 2 free throws, that really set the tone for the rest of the team missing too. I'm never that guy that's going to get on here and bash the refs, but the Wellman kid got fouled at least 3 times on the final possession, even tho LC didn't help themselves missing so many free throws, the refs decided the outcome of the game by not making that call. JC better count their lucky stars, they escaped big time in the semi finals.
But it turned out to be one heck of a game to watch.